Digital TV News: STMicroelectronics
STMicroelectronics to discontinue development of new STB platforms
Jan 27, 2016 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) has reported results for the year ended December 31, 2015. After a review of the company's set-top box business, ST will discontinue the development of new platforms and standard products for set-top-box and home gateway.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Digital TV, Gateway, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics SoCs deployed by MyBox in Airtel Digital TV STB
Jan 21, 2016 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) is celebrating the successful field deployment of satellite set-top boxes (STB) from MyBox – A Hero Electronix Venture for India’s Airtel Digital TV. MyBox’s Digital HD STBs are powered by ST’s STiH237 satellite SoC.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, MyBox, Vivek Sharma, Amit Kharabanda, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
STMicroelectronics ships 100 millionth STB chipset for India
Jan 20, 2016 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that it has shipped its 100 millionth chipset for digital cable and satellite set-top boxes (STB) in India.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Ted Grauch, Cable TV, India, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Wiztivi HTML5 UI demonstrated on ST SoCs at CES2016
Jan 8, 2016 – At CES 2016, Wiztivi, in partnership with STMicroelectronics, will be demonstrating Wiztivi’s HTML5-based UI product - TIMELESS180 - running on ST's Ultra HD set-top-box Cannes and Monaco 4K SoCs.
News categories: Wiztivi, STMicroelectronics, Herve Pierrot, CES2020, Digital TV, HTML5, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics powers Sky Q satellite set-top boxes
Jan 7, 2016 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that its Cannes/Monaco family of System-on-Chips (SoCs) has been chosen for the newly announced Sky Q set-top boxes. The Cannes/Monaco devices are part of ST’s ARM-based SoC portfolio.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Sky, Philippe Notton, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, UK
Worldwide semiconductor revenue declined 1.9% in 2015
Jan 7, 2016 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $333.7 billion in 2015, a 1.9 percent decrease from 2014 revenue of $340.3 billion, according to preliminary results by Gartner. The top 25 semiconductor vendors' combined revenue increased 0.2 percent.
News categories: Gartner, Sergis Mushell, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Technicolor HDR receives support from SoC manufacturers
Jan 5, 2016 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that a number of TV and Set Top Box (STB) System-on-Chip (SoC) manufacturers are integrating Technicolor’s High Dynamic Range (HDR) Delivery Solution into their offerings, including: Marvell, MSTAR, Sigma and STMicroelectronics.
News categories: Technicolor, Marvell, MStar Semi, Sigma Designs, STMicroelectronics, Mark Turner, Philip Poulidis, Stanley Chen, Alfred Chan, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Broadpeak and ST offer solution to optimize live TV delivery
Jan 5, 2016 – Broadpeak is working with STMicroelectronics to improve live Adaptive Bitrate (ABR) television delivery, using a solution that consists of Broadpeak's nanoCDN multicast ABR technology and ST's DOCSIS 3.0 cable gateway design and Android application for STBs.
News categories: Broadpeak, STMicroelectronics, Jacques Le Mancq, Thomas Meyer, Cable TV, CES2020, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics' multimedia server-box platform selected by Synology
Dec 9, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) and Synology have announced that ST’s HD and UltraHD multimedia server-box platform (STiH412) has been selected for Synology’s DS216play Network Attached Storage (NAS) server.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Synology, Kelvin Wong, Jones Tsai, Digital TV, Home Server, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020