Digital TV News: Telekom Malaysia
Netflix to be available through Telekom Malaysia
Aug 8, 2017 – Telekom Malaysia (TM) will be offering its customers access to Netflix from October 2017. TM customers who subscribe to the service will become Netflix members and will be able to enjoy unlimited viewing of content.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Netflix, Jeremy Kung, Tony Zameczkowski, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT
Telekom Malaysia showcases 4K with Huawei
Aug 9, 2016 – Telekom Malaysia via its IPTV service, HyppTV has showcased the Rio 2016 Olympic Games in 4K, a first in Malaysia, in an event at Sunway Pyramid. The event was held to preview HyppTV's innovation in TV broadcasting, together with technology partner, Huawei.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Huawei, Tan Sri Zamzamzairani Mohd Isa, Abraham Liu, Digital TV, IPTV, Malaysia
Viu launches SVOD in Singapore with Singtel
Jul 8, 2016 – PCCW Media’s OTT video service, Viu, has launched its premium subscription service in Singapore with Singtel, the largest telecommunications company in Singapore, offering viewers unlimited downloads of their favourite content.
News categories: PCCW Media, Singtel, Janice Lee, Digital TV, OTT, Singapore
PCCW Media's Viu TV expands to India and Malaysia
Mar 4, 2016 – PCCW Media (SEHK:0008) has launched Viu OTT mobile video entertainment service in India and Malaysia. Offered as a freemium service, Viu provides viewers in both markets with free access to thousands of hours of premium content for local users.
News categories: PCCW, Janice Lee, Apps, Digital TV, India, Malaysia, Mobile, OTT
Telekom Malaysia and Vuclip launch OTT TV
Feb 22, 2016 – Telekom Malaysia (TM) and Viu, an Over-the-Top (OTT) video-on-demand (VOD) service from Vuclip, a PCCW media company, have announced their partnership with the launch of Viu in Malaysia. Viu is a freemium OTT service.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Vuclip, PCCW, Tan Sri Zamzamzairani Mohd Isa, Jeremy Kung, Nickhil Jakatdar, Janice Lee, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, Malaysia, Mobile, OTT
Telekom Malaysia launches HyppTV Everywhere mobile app
Jan 14, 2015 – Telekom Malaysia (TM) has enhanced its offering by making its IPTV service, HyppTV, available to all members of the public via its HyppTV Everywhere mobile app. The feature gives customers access to HyppTV over non-TM broadband networks.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Emily Wee, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Malaysia, Mobile, TV Everywhere
MYTV signs deal with Telekom Malaysia for DTT infrastructure
Nov 18, 2014 – MYTV Broadcasting and Telekom Malaysia (TM) have announced that they have signed an agreement for the provision of infrastructure and network facilities for digital terrestrial television (DTT) services in Malaysia.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Terrestrial
IPTV and cable TV subscribers on opposite trajectories
Nov 7, 2013 – According to Infonetics Research's Pay TV Subscriber Database, from 4Q12 to 1Q13, IPTV subscribers grew over 6% worldwide, while cable video subs declined around 1%.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Telekom Malaysia expands HyppTV nationwide
Jul 29, 2013 – Telekom Malaysia (TM) has announced that its IPTV service - HyppTV will be made available nationwide to its broadband customers as well as everywhere on multiscreen devices.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, IPTV, Malaysia
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019