Digital TV News: Verance
MediaTek SoCs first with Verance Watermarking for ATSC 3.0
Dec 19, 2017 – Verance has announced that MediaTek has become the first SoC provider to complete evaluation tests of Verance Aspect, selected by the Advanced Television Systems Committee as an essential component of the Next Gen TV transmission standard (ATSC 3.0).
News categories: Verance, MediaTek, Nil Shah, Eric Anderson, ATSC, CES2020, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, Watermarking
Sigma Designs announces Smart TV business restructuring
Oct 11, 2017 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced restructuring activities intended to refocus its operating expenses and accelerate the return to profitability. The actions will focus on streamlining the company’s Connected Smart TV Platforms business.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Thinh Tran, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Verance Automatic Content Recognition recommended for ATSC 3.0 standard
Apr 6, 2015 – Verance has announced that the ATSC TG3/S33 Specialist Group on Management and Protocols has recommended its VP1 Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) technology for the ATSC 3.0 next-generation DTT broadcasting standard.
News categories: Verance, Cox Media, Advanced Television Systems Committee, Nil Shah, Joe Winograd, Dave Siegler, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
Magyar Telekom - H1 2008 results
Aug 7, 2008 – Magyar Telekom (NYSE:MTA)(Budapest:MTELEKOM) has reported results for the first six months of 2008. T-Com Hungary had 15,569 IPTV subscribers and Crnogorski Telekom in Montenegro has 11,087 at the end of the period.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Cable TV, Hungary, IPTV, Montenegro, Results, Subscribers
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA