Digital TV News: Verance
Connekt and Verance partner to provide ATSC 3.0 advertising
Apr 10, 2018 – Connekt and Verance have partnered to develop the standard for interactive advertising formats to be delivered over the ATSC 3.0 standard. The effort will provide an end-to-end solution for networks, content owners and programmers.
News categories: Connekt, Verance, Mike Fitzsimmons, Eric Anderson, Advertising, ATSC 3.0, Content Identification, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Verance Watermarking completes field trials on LG TVs
Jan 3, 2018 – Verance has announced that Verance Aspect, selected as a foundational component of the ATSC 3.0 transmission standard, has expanded to smart TV manufacturers with LG becoming the first to complete initial field tests.
News categories: Verance, LG, Nil Shah, Eric Anderson, ATSC 3.0, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
MediaTek SoCs first with Verance Watermarking for ATSC 3.0
Dec 19, 2017 – Verance has announced that MediaTek has become the first SoC provider to complete evaluation tests of Verance Aspect, selected by the Advanced Television Systems Committee as an essential component of the Next Gen TV transmission standard (ATSC 3.0).
News categories: Verance, MediaTek, Nil Shah, Eric Anderson, ATSC 3.0, CES2021, Content Identification, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Sigma Designs announces Smart TV business restructuring
Oct 11, 2017 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced restructuring activities intended to refocus its operating expenses and accelerate the return to profitability. The actions will focus on streamlining the company’s Connected Smart TV Platforms business.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Thinh Tran, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Verance Automatic Content Recognition recommended for ATSC 3.0 standard
Apr 6, 2015 – Verance has announced that the ATSC TG3/S33 Specialist Group on Management and Protocols has recommended its VP1 Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) technology for the ATSC 3.0 next-generation DTT broadcasting standard.
News categories: Verance, Cox Media, Advanced Television Systems Committee, Nil Shah, Joe Winograd, Dave Siegler, Content Identification, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
Magyar Telekom - H1 2008 results
Aug 7, 2008 – Magyar Telekom (NYSE:MTA)(Budapest:MTELEKOM) has reported results for the first six months of 2008. T-Com Hungary had 15,569 IPTV subscribers and Crnogorski Telekom in Montenegro has 11,087 at the end of the period.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Cable TV, Hungary, IPTV, Montenegro, Results, Subscribers
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0