Digital TV News: Verance
Connekt and Verance partner to provide ATSC 3.0 advertising
Apr 10, 2018 – Connekt and Verance have partnered to develop the standard for interactive advertising formats to be delivered over the ATSC 3.0 standard. The effort will provide an end-to-end solution for networks, content owners and programmers.
News categories: Connekt, Verance, Mike Fitzsimmons, Eric Anderson, Advertising, ATSC 3, Content Identification, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Verance Watermarking completes field trials on LG TVs
Jan 3, 2018 – Verance has announced that Verance Aspect, selected as a foundational component of the ATSC 3.0 transmission standard, has expanded to smart TV manufacturers with LG becoming the first to complete initial field tests.
News categories: Verance, LG, Nil Shah, Eric Anderson, ATSC 3, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
MediaTek SoCs first with Verance Watermarking for ATSC 3.0
Dec 19, 2017 – Verance has announced that MediaTek has become the first SoC provider to complete evaluation tests of Verance Aspect, selected by the Advanced Television Systems Committee as an essential component of the Next Gen TV transmission standard (ATSC 3.0).
News categories: Verance, MediaTek, Nil Shah, Eric Anderson, ATSC 3, CES2021, Content Identification, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Sigma Designs announces Smart TV business restructuring
Oct 11, 2017 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced restructuring activities intended to refocus its operating expenses and accelerate the return to profitability. The actions will focus on streamlining the company’s Connected Smart TV Platforms business.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Thinh Tran, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Verance Automatic Content Recognition recommended for ATSC 3.0 standard
Apr 6, 2015 – Verance has announced that the ATSC TG3/S33 Specialist Group on Management and Protocols has recommended its VP1 Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) technology for the ATSC 3.0 next-generation DTT broadcasting standard.
News categories: Verance, Cox Media, Advanced Television Systems Committee, Nil Shah, Joe Winograd, Dave Siegler, Content Identification, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
Magyar Telekom - H1 2008 results
Aug 7, 2008 – Magyar Telekom (NYSE:MTA)(Budapest:MTELEKOM) has reported results for the first six months of 2008. T-Com Hungary had 15,569 IPTV subscribers and Crnogorski Telekom in Montenegro has 11,087 at the end of the period.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Cable TV, Hungary, IPTV, Montenegro, Results, Subscribers
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic