Big Data (Audience Measurement, Personalisation, Metadata, AI, Content Identification, Ad Insertion)
Unruly provides TCL FFALCON ad inventory access through Amobee
May 2, 2023 – Unruly has partnered with TCL FFALCON to provide advertisers using the Amobee demand-side platform with access to TCL FFALCON ad inventory on the TCL Channel in the US, Europe and APAC regions.
News categories: Tremor International, TCL FFALCON, Unruly, Kenneth Suh, Rebecca Wan, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Vodafone Deutschland deploys Synamedia analytics on its GigaTV service
May 2, 2023 – Vodafone Deutschland has gone live with Synamedia's Clarissa analytics solution to help evaluate advertising performance and reveal actionable insights into viewing behaviour on its GigaTV service.
News categories: Synamedia, Vodafone, Amruta Shankar, Lucy Norris, Wolfgang Zeller, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany
Allen Media adds VideoAmp currency for 2023-24 Upfront season
Apr 26, 2023 – Allen Media Group (AMG) has announced that VideoAmp will be offered as a new currency in the 2023-24 Upfront season, beginning with The Weather Channel television network.
News categories: VideoAmp, Allen Media Group, Michael Parkes, Byron Allen, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Tremor International launches self-service cross-platform planner
Apr 26, 2023 – Tremor International (AIM/NASDAQ: TRMR) has launched a self-service cross-platform planner that enables broadcasters to maximize reach and frequency allocation across linear and digital inventory.
News categories: Tremor International, Kenneth Suh, Advertising, Digital TV, Worldwide
InfoSum announces clean room partnership with Samsung Ads
Apr 25, 2023 – InfoSum is working with Samsung Ads to create a clean room solution that will enable Samsung Ads clients to match and activate audiences in InfoSum's privacy-first environment.
News categories: InfoSum, Samsung, Brian Lesser, Justin Evans, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Mirada's Segmenter groups users using AI and machine learning
Apr 26, 2023 – Mirada's Segmenter brings AI and ML to user segmentation for video services via an advanced clustering engine that automatically identifies subscribers based on multiple variables.
News categories: Mirada, José-Luis Vázquez, Big Data, Digital TV, QoE, UX, Worldwide
Roku and Instacart pair TV streaming data and online grocery delivery
Apr 26, 2023 – Roku (Nasdaq:ROKU) and Instacart have combined viewing data from Roku with insights from Instacart to measure whether streamers purchase products on Instacart after seeing an ad on the Roku platform.
News categories: Roku, Instacart, Alison Levin, Ali Miller, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Half of ad-supported Netflix subscribers find the ad load heavy
Apr 24, 2023 – Though Netflix's ad-supported tier averages less than 5 minutes of ads per hour, 49% of Basic with Ads subscribers found it to varying degrees heavy, with 17% seeing it as excessive, according to Aluma.
News categories: Aluma, Michael Greeson, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Marketers are all-in on streaming despite questioning its effectiveness
Apr 26, 2023 – According to a report from Nielsen, 84% of marketers are including streaming in their media plannings, yet only 49% of survey respondents view OTT and CTV as effective advertising channels.
News categories: Nielsen, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin