Digital TV Business, Technology and Market Research News
Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
Jul 23, 2021 – Cox Media Group (CMG) Local Solutions has announced a strategic initiative with Amazon Advertising that will enable its advertisers to programmatically buy display and OTT ads through Amazon DSP and analyze their performance.
News categories: Cox Media Group, Amazon Advertising, Joe Weir, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
Jul 23, 2021 – Samba TV has announced the launch of its global Real-time TV Viewership Dashboard, an interactive TV analytics dashboard featuring geographic and demographic analysis of viewership in real-time across the world.
News categories: Samba TV, Ashwin Navin, Chad Stoller, Mike Law, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, UK, USA
Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
Jul 23, 2021 – Wyplay has announced that it is powering SKY Connect, the 4K Android TV DVR, recently launched by SKY Brasil, building on the work done for the launch of Linux STBs for SKY Brasil and DIRECTV Latin America in 2016.
News categories: Wyplay, SKY Brasil, Jacques Bourgninaud, Android TV, Brazil, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
Jul 23, 2021 – NBCUniversal has announced Ad-ID as its standard for advertisers on its One Platform. From quality control to frequency capping, Ad-ID simplifies and streamlines the ad delivery process while improving the consumer experience.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Ad-ID, Krishan Bhatia, Bob Liodice, Marla Kaplowitz, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
Jul 23, 2021 – Redbox has partnered with Wurl to facilitate and expand the selection of free channels on Redbox Free Live TV. With 100 channels of programming, Free Live TV caters to the tastes and interests of Redbox's 40 million customers.
News categories: Redbox, Wurl, Chris Yates, Sean Doherty, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
Jul 23, 2021 – ThinkAnalytics has rebranded its suite of products as 'Think360'. Think360 helps pay TV and OTT platforms deliver real-time personalization at scale, boosting engagement and reducing churn.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Peter Docherty, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
Jul 22, 2021 – Grupo Werthein and AT&T (NYSE:T) have announced that Grupo Werthein has reached an agreement to acquire AT&T's Vrio Corp. business unit. Grupo Werthein has agreed to acquire 100% of the equity in Vrio.
News categories: AT&T, Grupo Werthein, Vrio Corp, Lori Lee, Dario Werthein, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, MandA, OTT, Satellite
ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership
Jul 22, 2021 – ITV and Sky have signed a deal that includes enabling ITV to launch addressable advertising on Sky platforms. The ITV Hub app will also be added to the current ITV Hub service on Sky Q during 2022.
News categories: Sky, ITV, Stephen van Rooyen, Carolyn McCall, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
TCL passes TÜV Rheinland ETSI EN 303 645 test for IoT devices
Jul 22, 2021 – TCL (1070.HK) has announced that it has received the TÜV Rheinland Privacy By Design logo, which confirms it has met cybersecurity standard ETSI EN 303 645, designed to encourage a security baseline for consumer IoT devices.
News categories: TCL Electronics, TÜV Rheinland, Kevin Wang, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership
- TCL passes TÜV Rheinland ETSI EN 303 645 test for IoT devices
- OFIVE TV partners with Amagi for distribution to FAST platforms
- Comscore provides audience measurement currency to Spectrum Reach