Digital TV Business, Technology and Market Research News
NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
Jan 24, 2023 – The NBA and Meta have announced a new virtual reality (VR) experience through Meta Horizon Worlds via Meta Quest headsets, featuring live NBA League Pass games in VR throughout the season.
News categories: NBA, Meta, Jennifer Chun, Rob Shaw, Digital TV, Metaverse, Streaming, USA
Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
Jan 25, 2023 – YouSee has agreed a deal with Simply.TV. Metadata from Simply.TV will help YouSee with visuals, recommendations, sports info, ingestion of broadcaster data, and an ID space bringing all services together.
News categories: Simply.TV, YouSee, Daniel Rühmann, Jannie Marie Kaarsberg, Big Data, Denmark, Digital TV, UX
Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
Jan 24, 2023 – Verizon Communications (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) has reported fourth-quarter 2022 results. Consumer reported 56,000 Fios Internet net additions and 80,000 Fios Video net losses in the quarter.
News categories: Verizon, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
Jan 25, 2023 – MTV and Sanoma Media have signed a contract with dataBreeders to bring advertising measurement and currency to market, unifying campaign measurement across all broadcast platforms in Finland.
News categories: Screenforce, dataBreeders, Pure X Media, Anna Lujanen, Andrea Mezzasalma, Advertising, Digital TV, Finland
KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
Jan 23, 2023 – KPN has launched KPN TV+ in the Netherlands. With KPN TV+, live TV and streaming apps come together on one screen, making it easy for viewers to zap between TV channels and Netflix, Disney+ or Videoland.
News categories: KPN, Jochem de Jong, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands
ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
Jan 24, 2023 – ENENSYS has announced the release of ModulCast-ATSC, an ATSC 3.0 OEM modulator board that delivers a high-performance RF output meeting broadcaster quality requirements, for integration into digital TV transmitters.
News categories: ENENSYS, Christophe TROLET, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
Jan 24, 2023 – Caretta Research has researched and released a report, sponsored by iWedia, that provides an update on set-top box (STB) professionals' preferences and buying behaviours in the post-pandemic era.
News categories: iWedia, Caretta Research, Hans Jurgen Desor, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
Jan 23, 2023 – Fabric has acquired Internet Video Archive (IVA). The acquisition enables Fabric to provide greater value by instantly matching titles to IVA's library, and enabling the sharing of data across Fabric customers.
News categories: Fabric, Internet Video Archive, Rob Delf, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
Jan 23, 2023 – According to Digital TV Research, the number of pay TV subscribers in the MENA region will increase from 17.32 million in 2022 to 19.20 million in 2028, with legitimate pay TV penetration remaining at only 19%.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Terrestrial
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership