DRM (Digital Rights Management) News
Wowza Media Systems integrates EZDRM DRM-as-a-Service
Feb 24, 2021 – Wowza Media Systems has announced support for DRM technology in Wowza Streaming Cloud through integration with the EZDRM's DRM as a Service (DRMaaS), giving broadcasters control over their cloud-based streaming workflows.
News categories: Wowza, EZDRM, David Stubenvoll, Olga Kornienko, Pedro Centieiro, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Worldwide
VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
Jan 13, 2021 – VUALTO has announced that ITV has chosen to implement VUALTO's dynamic event orchestration technology, integrated with VUALTO's scalable DRM solution, to deliver live streamed events via its ITV Hub VOD service.
News categories: VUALTO, ITV, Camilla Young, Vinay Kumar Gupta, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, UK
MovieLabs updates Enhanced Content Protection specification
Jan 12, 2021 – The latest version from MovieLabs, ECP 1.3, primarily addresses the risks posed by debugging interfaces left open and by devices past end-of-life for DRM and security updates that fail to patch known vulnerabilities.
News categories: MovieLabs, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
Jan 12, 2021 – Intertrust has announced that Cellnex Telecom will use its ExpressPlay DRM cloud service to protect Cellnex' LOVEStv, an HbbTV platform combining over-the-air TV with OTT streaming for broadcasters in Spain.
News categories: Intertrust, Cellnex, Ali Hodjat, Xavi Redón, Digital TV, DRM, HbbTV, Spain, Terrestrial
Telekom Srbija adopts Irdeto Control to secure its OTT platform
Dec 7, 2020 – Irdeto has announced that Telekom Srbija has recently implemented Irdeto Control, the company’s multi-DRM system, to secure their OTT platform. Irdeto Control is a multi-DRM, MovieLabs-compliant security solution.
News categories: Irdeto, Telekom Srbija, Shane McCarthy, Djordje Marovic, Digital TV, DRM, Serbia, Streaming
VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
Dec 2, 2020 – VUALTO has announced that France Télévisions has chosen to implement VUALTO’s digital rights management solution, VUDRM, to protect and deliver its audiovisual content across all its digital platforms.
News categories: VUALTO, France Télévisions, Camilla Young, Fernando López Navarro, Digital TV, DRM, France, Streaming
Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
Oct 28, 2020 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has announced that Agile Content (BME Growth: AGIL.MC) has expanded its protected video service to include Verimatrix Multi-DRM serviced by the Verimatrix Secure Cloud for their AgileTV OTT offering.
News categories: Verimatrix, Agile Content, Asaf Ashkenazi, Monica Rayo, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Spain, Streaming
Irdeto DRM enables expansion of Cyta OTT offering
Oct 1, 2020 – Irdeto has announced that it will provide Cyta with its Irdeto Control DRM solution. With multi-DRM support and content usage management, Irdeto Control protects content delivered via PlayReady, Widevine and FairPlay.
News categories: Irdeto, Cyta, Shane McCarthy, Content Protection, Cyprus, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming
Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
Sep 15, 2020 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that 1.75 billion licenses of its multi-DRM cloud service have been delivered in the last 12 months by Orange, demonstrating the scalability of the solution for IPTV and OTT service protection.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Orange, Philippe Leonetti, Christian Bombrun, Belgium, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, DRM, France, IPTV, Poland, Spain
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 373,000 in 4Q 2021
- Swedish standalone SVOD revenues hit new record in 2021
- castLabs and Lemonade.TV+ work together on DRM and video playback
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Canada
- Claro video comes to ZEASN-powered smart TVs in Latin America
- Vewd For Automotive enables premium entertainment in Skywell electric SUV
- WarnerMedia adds 4.3 million HBO Max and HBO subscribers in 4Q 2021
- 5G-MAG joins forces with DVB on the future of TV over 5G
- LG Ads introduces suite of Guaranteed Outcome-based media offerings
- Breezeline selects Vecima and TiVo to support its expansion
- Bitcentral acquires Powr.tv
- Friend MTS extends content protection deal with Lega Serie A
- Cinedigm launches streaming channels on AR glasses with Nreal
- NextGen TV broadcasting begins in Green Bay, WI
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 69,000 in 4Q 2021
- TV shipments expected to reach 217 million units in 2022
- Vodafone Portugal launches hands-free entertainment and Smart Home hub with UEI
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021