DRM (Digital Rights Management) News
castLabs integrates with SPEKE API version 2.0
Sep 9, 2021 – castLabs has announced that it supports version 2.0 of the Secure Packager and Encoder Key Exchange (SPEKE) API in its leading digital rights management (DRM) licensing solution – DRMtoday.
News categories: castLabs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
Redge Technologies integrates CryptoGuard Multi-DRM
Sep 2, 2021 – Redge Media has been integrated with the CryptoGuard Multi-DRM solution. The latter will provide encryption keys for Redge Media Origin and decryption keys for Content Decryption Modules integrated with Redge Media based end-user applications.
News categories: Redge Technologies, CryptoGuard, Tomasz Paldyna, Krzysztof Wieczorek, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Worldwide
castLabs supports Huawei WisePlay DRM
Aug 25, 2021 – castLabs has announced support for Huawei's WisePlay DRM to enable streaming services to securely reach Huawei phones and tablets running EMUI or HarmonyOS smart TVs that are compatible with WisePlay.
News categories: castLabs, Huawei, Bryce Pedersen, James Xu, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, Smart TV, Worldwide
JW Player raises $100m in Series E funding
Jun 24, 2021 – JW Player has announced that it has raised $100M in Series E funding from LLR Partners. The latest investment comes on the heels of record video streaming growth and strong profitability during the previous 12 months.
News categories: JW Player, LLR Partners, Dave Otten, David Reuter, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Private Equity, Streaming, Worldwide
Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
Jun 15, 2021 – BuyDRM has announced that Freecaster is using its studio-approved KeyOS multi-DRM platform to secure premium live and VOD content for viewers in France and around the world.
News categories: BuyDRM, Freecaster, Christopher Levy, Raymond Duliu, Digital TV, DRM, France, Streaming, Worldwide
Sky NZ selects Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM cloud service
Jun 8, 2021 – Intertrust and Sky New Zealand have announced that Sky New Zealand will use Intertrust’s ExpressPlay DRM cloud service to help protect Sky New Zealand’s Sky Go, an OTT video service.
News categories: Intertrust, Sky New Zealand, Ali Hodjat, Jonny Errington, Digital TV, DRM, New Zealand, TV Everywhere
PallyCon Multi-DRM aligns with Radiant Media Player
Jun 2, 2021 – The Radiant Media Player HTML5 media player allows OTT platforms to play video content across devices, while PallyCon's Multi-DRM licensing and user management secures the content against piracy.
News categories: PallyCon, Radiant Media Player, Govindraj Basatwar, Arnaud Leyder, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
JW Player acquires VUALTO
May 6, 2021 – JW Player has announced that it is acquiring VUALTO to complement its scalable video delivery offering with live streaming and DRM services for broadcasters. VUALTO will also expand JW Player’s customer base.
News categories: JW Player, VUALTO, Dave Otten, Camilla Young, DRM, MandA, Media Player, Worldwide
Cable Club launches Android TV offering in Peru with Viaccess-Orca
Mar 11, 2021 – Cable Club is launching an OTT offering in Peru featuring Android TV STBs, mobile apps for live video streaming, and catch-up TV content, powered by Viaccess-Orca's TVaaS cloud-based TV platform and DRM.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Cable Club, Philippe Leonetti, Ana Lucia Gonzales, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Peru, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
- Magnite launches programmatic offering in Australia with Samsung Ads
- Comscore adds multi-platform CTV measurement for India
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households
- Magnite agrees ACR data deal with LG Ads Solutions
- Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
- Global entertainment & media revenues surge to $2.3 trillion
- Yahoo appointed DSP for DIRECTV Advertising's addressable inventory
- DNA selects UEI for Android TV remote
- United Group to consolidate DTH services on a single platform