Optical Disc Recorder (DVD, Blu-ray) News
Overall HDMI Device Shipment CAGR to Approach 21% from 2009-2014
May 11, 2011 – While its strength continues to be in the consumer electronics (CE) segment, recent gains in PCs and mobile phones have overall HDMI device shipment CAGR approaching 21% from 2009-2014, according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, DVD, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Mobile Phones with HDMI Ports to Ship in the Millions in 2010
Dec 7, 2010 – For the first time, the number of mobile phones with HDMI ports will ship in excess of a million units in 2010, says In-Stat. Meanwhile, HDMI has become pervasive in the consumer electronics, accounting for over 350 million devices shipping in 2010.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, DVD, Gaming, In-Car, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Tablet
Germany: CE Market Index Q1-Q2 2010
Aug 23, 2010 – The first half of 2010 saw a 5.4% growth rate in the German Consumer Electronics market compared to the same period last year. The World Cup left its mark, with an increase in TV sales around the event in the second quarter of 2010.
News categories: GfK, BVT, Gesellschaft für Unterhaltungs- und Kommunikationseletronik, DVD, Gaming, Germany, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Digital Switchover will confirm the end of the VCR - is Britain prepared?
Aug 16, 2010 – The completion of the Digital Switchover at the end of 2012 will sound the death knell for the analogue VCR. This will leave a sizeable section of the UK population with no means to record television programmes.
News categories: GfK, DVR, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Terrestrial, UK
Shipments of Network-Enabled Blu-Ray Players/Recorders will approach 80 million units by 2013
Apr 7, 2010 – Price drops of Blu-ray players in North America drove unit shipments to triple in 2009 compared to 2008, reports In-Stat. Worldwide, shipments of Blu-ray players and recorders will grow to nearly 80 million units by 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, OTT
Blu-ray Patent Licensing Program Announced by Four Companies
Mar 7, 2010 – The BD4C Licensing Group has announced that it has commenced a licensing program beginning on March 1, 2010 for Blu-ray (BD) and DVD patents essential for BD Products including BD Products that incorporate DVD functionality.
News categories: Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Licensing, Optical Disc Recorder, Patent
Blu-ray Chips Overtake Standard DVD Chips in 2009
Feb 10, 2010 – The transition from DVD to Blu-ray is creating a substantial opportunity for Blu-ray semiconductor companies, reports In-Stat. Blu-ray player semiconductor content overtook DVD player semi content for the first time in 2009.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Semiconductor
Blu-Ray and Network Connectivity Finally Start Encroaching on DVD in Disc Player/Recorder Market
Jan 25, 2010 – High-volume shipments of Blu-ray players, most of which feature network connectivity, are finally making inroads into the broader disc player and recorder market, reports In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, OTT, Semiconductor
HDMI Adoption Climbs, while DVI Slides into Retreat
Dec 1, 2009 – High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) adoption continues to gain ground across several segments. Meanwhile, the now legacy Digital Visual Interface (DVI) is gradually declining, reports In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Camcorder, DVD, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Tablet
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product