Optical Disc Recorder (DVD, Blu-ray) News
Overall HDMI Device Shipment CAGR to Approach 21% from 2009-2014
May 11, 2011 – While its strength continues to be in the consumer electronics (CE) segment, recent gains in PCs and mobile phones have overall HDMI device shipment CAGR approaching 21% from 2009-2014, according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, DVD, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Mobile Phones with HDMI Ports to Ship in the Millions in 2010
Dec 7, 2010 – For the first time, the number of mobile phones with HDMI ports will ship in excess of a million units in 2010, says In-Stat. Meanwhile, HDMI has become pervasive in the consumer electronics, accounting for over 350 million devices shipping in 2010.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, DVD, Games Console, In-Car, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Tablet
Germany: CE Market Index Q1-Q2 2010
Aug 23, 2010 – The first half of 2010 saw a 5.4% growth rate in the German Consumer Electronics market compared to the same period last year. The World Cup left its mark, with an increase in TV sales around the event in the second quarter of 2010.
News categories: GfK, BVT, Gesellschaft für Unterhaltungs- und Kommunikationseletronik, DVD, Games Console, Germany, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Digital Switchover will confirm the end of the VCR - is Britain prepared?
Aug 16, 2010 – The completion of the Digital Switchover at the end of 2012 will sound the death knell for the analogue VCR. This will leave a sizeable section of the UK population with no means to record television programmes.
News categories: GfK, DVR, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Terrestrial, UK
Shipments of Network-Enabled Blu-Ray Players/Recorders will approach 80 million units by 2013
Apr 7, 2010 – Price drops of Blu-ray players in North America drove unit shipments to triple in 2009 compared to 2008, reports In-Stat. Worldwide, shipments of Blu-ray players and recorders will grow to nearly 80 million units by 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, OTT
Blu-ray Patent Licensing Program Announced by Four Companies
Mar 7, 2010 – The BD4C Licensing Group has announced that it has commenced a licensing program beginning on March 1, 2010 for Blu-ray (BD) and DVD patents essential for BD Products including BD Products that incorporate DVD functionality.
News categories: Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Licensing, Optical Disc Recorder, Patent
Blu-ray Chips Overtake Standard DVD Chips in 2009
Feb 10, 2010 – The transition from DVD to Blu-ray is creating a substantial opportunity for Blu-ray semiconductor companies, reports In-Stat. Blu-ray player semiconductor content overtook DVD player semi content for the first time in 2009.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Semiconductor
Blu-Ray and Network Connectivity Finally Start Encroaching on DVD in Disc Player/Recorder Market
Jan 25, 2010 – High-volume shipments of Blu-ray players, most of which feature network connectivity, are finally making inroads into the broader disc player and recorder market, reports In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, OTT, Semiconductor
HDMI Adoption Climbs, while DVI Slides into Retreat
Dec 1, 2009 – High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) adoption continues to gain ground across several segments. Meanwhile, the now legacy Digital Visual Interface (DVI) is gradually declining, reports In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Camcorder, DVD, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Tablet
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0