Guatemala Digital TV News
Telefonica adds 494,000 pay TV subscribers in 2Q 2014
Jul 31, 2014 – Telefónica (Madrid and NYSE: TEF) has released its second quarter 2014 results. Pay TV access growth was 32% year-on-year in organic terms reaching 4.2 million subscribers at the end of June, with 494 thousand net additions.
News categories: Telefónica, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, IPTV, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Results, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers, Venezuela
Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
Dec 4, 2013 – Qualy TV, part of the Albavisión group, has launched its new pay TV service in Costa Rica using the satellite platform of Media Networks, a unit of Telefónica. The basic service consists of 53 SD channels, with additional movie and adult packages available.
News categories: Qualy TV, Media Networks, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Satellite
Guatemala adopts ISDB-T for DTT
Jun 5, 2013 – The Government of Guatemala has announced in its official gazette that it has adopted the Japanese-Brazilian ISDB-T system as its broadcasting standard for digital terrestrial television (DTT).
News categories: Digital TV, Guatemala, ISDB-T, SBTVD, Terrestrial
Millicom ends 2012 with 558,000 Tigo cable TV customers in Central America
Mar 6, 2013 – Millicom, which operates cable services in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua under the Tigo brand, has reported Financial and Operational Data as at December 31 2012. At the end of the year it had 558,000 cable TV RGUs.
News categories: Millicom, Cable TV, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Results, Subscribers
ROK Powers Mobile TV Services for Claro in Guatemala and Nicaragua
Jun 22, 2011 – ROK Global has announced that following the success of its Mobile TV subscription services with other América Móvil operators ROK-powered Mobile TV is now live with Claro in Guatemala and Nicaragua.
News categories: ROK Global, América Móvil, Guatemala, Mobile, Nicaragua
Macrovision's Passport IPG Solution Takes Latin America Cable Audiences to the Cutting Edge of TV
Sep 18, 2008 – Macrovision (NASDAQ: MVSN) has announced that América Móvil (Claro), Cablevisión, Telecentro and Videomar have all chosen to provide Macrovision's Passport IPG solutions to their cable viewers, enhancing their overall TV viewing experience.
News categories: Macrovision, América Móvil, Cablevisión, Telecentro, Argentina, Brazil, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Middleware, Nicaragua, Set Top Box
América Móvil launches DTH in Central America
Sep 11, 2008 – América Móvil is planning to launch Claro TV through DTH in Central America: Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala and Nicaragua.
News categories: América Móvil, Digital TV, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Satellite
Harris Corporation's New Mobile TV Platform Chosen by Albavision for Broadcast Operations in Guatemala and Costa Rica
Jun 30, 2008 – Harris Corporation (NYSE:HRS) has signed an agreement with Albavision (Angel Gonzalez Group) to implement the recently introduced Harris full mobile digital TV transmission platform for broadcast operations in Guatemala and Costa Rica.
News categories: Harris, REPRETEL, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Guatemala, Mobile
Thomson participates in First DVB-H Mobile Television Service in Latin America
Feb 6, 2008 – Thomson (Euronext Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS) has announced that it is supplying a complete head-end solution to ATV, part of the pan-Latin American media group Albavision, to power a trial mobile television service in Lima, Peru and in Guatemala.
News categories: Thomson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Guatemala, Mobile, MWC20, Peru
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0