Smart Home (connected home, home networking) News
PEAK3 ATSC 3.0 one-to-many solution for IoT and Edge use cases
Dec 7, 2022 – Two IoT executives have announced the formation of PEAK3, an edge pathway solution provider enabling businesses to use the one-to-many capabilities of ATSC 3.0 for IoT and Edge use cases.
News categories: PEAK3, Alp Sezen, Chris McGhay, ATSC 3, Smart Home, USA
ZEASN launches enhanced entertaining experience for Whale Eco users
Nov 11, 2022 – ZEASN has released its Whale User Center SaaS platform, integrating management features with content sharing to create a smart home entertainment experience for users of Whale devices.
News categories: ZEASN, Suriko Wei, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Dish TV and SEI present smart solutions at Android TV APAC Summit
Jan 8, 2022 – Dish TV has moved to Android TV for its STBs and plans to expand its IoT business based on the platform. With this in mind, SEI Robotics provided a solution combining Android TV, the Google Cloud Platform and ecosystem partner technology.
News categories: SEI Robotics, Dish TV India, Jeff Yin, Sunil Kumar, Android TV, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Netgem powers triple-play bundle from Lothian Broadband
Nov 3, 2022 – In partnership with Netgem, Lothian Broadband Networks Limited (LBNL) is offering not only TV but also voice alongside its ultrafast fibre broadband. Netgem worked with Netsapiens to enable LBNL to move from single to triple play in a matter of weeks.
News categories: Netgem, Lothian Broadband, Netsapiens, Sylvain Thevenot, Gavin Rodgers, Digital TV, IPTV, Smart Home, UK
ZEASN debuts WhalePay payment service
Nov 4, 2022 – ZEASN has released a global payment service, WhalePay. Specializing in the smart home market, the real-time payment service tackles the problem of corporate international payments, empowering more enterprises to expand to overseas markets.
News categories: ZEASN, Suriko Wei, Smart Home, Worldwide
Apple introduces next-generation Apple TV 4K
Oct 18, 2022 – Apple has announced the next generation of Apple TV 4K. HDR10+ support joins Dolby Vision on the now lower cost device. Running tvOS, featuring the Siri Remote, Apple TV 4K simplifies the way users discover content.
News categories: Apple TV, Bob Borchers, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Roku to launch Smart Home product line with Walmart
Oct 12, 2022 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) and Walmart (NYSE: WMT) have launched smart home products from Roku, including security cameras, video doorbells, lighting, plugs, and more, to be available exclusively in Walmart stores.
News categories: Roku, Walmart, Mustafa Ozgen, Mark Robins, Laura Rush, Digital TV, Smart Home, USA
Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
Oct 3, 2022 – According to IDC, consumer buying continues to cool as macroeconomic issues persist. Smart home device shipments are expected to remain at 897.4 million with major categories such as smart speakers and TVs facing single digit declines.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Adam Wright, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
Sep 28, 2022 – The US smart speaker market continued to contract during 2Q22, posting a decline of 14% year-over-year (YoY) according to Omdia’s latest quarterly smart speaker tracker.
News categories: Omdia, Teik Chuan Goh, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, USA, Worldwide
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029