Semiconductor (ICs, silicon IP, microchips, …) News
SEI and Amlogic develop Android TV set-top-box for FTP in Vietnam
Nov 9, 2022 – SEI Robotics and Amlogic have cooperated to roll out the 4K Android TV IPTV/OTT set-top-box for FPT. The box runs on an Amlogic S905Y4 chipset and supports on-demand and linear broadcasting for the Vietnam market.
News categories: SEI Robotics, Amlogic, FPT, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Vietnam
SDMC and iWedia collaborate on 4K Android TV hybrid STB
Nov 9, 2022 – SDMC and iWedia have announced that they have collaborated on the development of a 4K Android TV hybrid set-top box from SDMC that integrates Google's Common Broadcast Stack with a Live TV app developed by iWedia.
News categories: iWedia, SDMC, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Ryan Yan, Android TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
SDMC, NAGRA and Amlogic launch ultra-secure Android TV solution
Nov 9, 2022 – SDMC, together with NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Amlogic, has announced that they have jointly launched an ultra-secure Android TV Solution leveraging NAGRA content protection technology for pay-TV operators.
News categories: SDMC, NAGRA, Amlogic, Ryan Yan, Sebastian Kramer, James Xie, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
castLabs partners with SDMC on Widevine CAS integration
Nov 7, 2022 – castLabs has announced a collaboration with SDMC to simplify operator deployments of Widevine CAS protected content streaming with lower integration cost and turnaround time than today's practices.
News categories: castLabs, SDMC, Michael Stattmann, Ryan Yan, Android TV, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Q3 2022 semiconductor sales down 3.0% on Q3 2021
Oct 28, 2022 – The Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA) has announced that global semiconductor sales for the month of September 2022 were down 0.5% compared to August 2022 and 3.0% less than September 2021.
News categories: Semiconductor Industry Association, John Neuffer, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
ZTE launches Android TV stick for operators
Oct 24, 2022 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has launched an Android TV UHD stick for operators at the Broadband World Forum. The portable home media terminal offers access to movies and TV sources on the internet as well as TV applications.
News categories: ZTE, Android TV, BBWF, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
Saankhya Labs' SDR chipset powers ATSC designs from ADTH
Oct 19, 2022 – Saankhya Labs (BSE: 540595) (NSE: TEJASNET) has announced that ADTH has launched a series of NEXTGEN ATSC designs, powered by Saankhya's SL3000 SDR-based ATSC 3.0/1.0 demodulator chipset.
News categories: Saankhya Labs, ADTH, Tolka, Vivek Kimbahune, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Korea, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Jiuzhou and Realtek launch 4K RDK Video Accelerator STB
Sep 28, 2022 – Shenzhen Jiuzhou Electric and Realtek (Taiwan: 2379.TW) have announced an RDK4.0-based 4K Linux OTT/IPTV Video Accelerator set-top box. The Realtek RTD1319 chipset-based box can be customized to meet the needs of operators.
News categories: Shenzhen Jiuzhou Electric, Realtek, Richard Han, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
Sep 26, 2022 – Realtek and Irdeto have announced a joint development: Realtek's RTD1319D set-top box system-on-chip (SoC) with Irdeto's hybrid DVB middleware for Android TV and RDK.
News categories: Realtek, Irdeto, Yee-Wei Huang, Shane McCarthy, Android TV, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max