Set Top Box (STB, PVR, DVR, CECB, IRD, DTA, Gateway, …) News
Foxtel selects Kantar for STB return path audience measurement
Oct 26, 2023 – Foxtel Media has selected Kantar to deliver a new audience measurement service, ingesting data collected from Foxtel subscribers’ set top boxes using return path data technology.
News categories: Foxtel Media, Kantar, Mark Frain, Keld Nielsen, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box
Charter residential video customers down 320,000 in 3Q 2023
Oct 27, 2023 – Charter Communications has reported results for the period ended September 30, 2023. Residential video customers decreased by 320,000 in the quarter, finishing the period at 13.8 million.
News categories: Charter Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
Megacable video subscribers up 43,000 in 3Q 2023
Oct 27, 2023 – Megacable (BMV: MEGA.CPO) has announced results for the third quarter of 2023. The company's Video Segment ended with 3,888,886 subscribers, up 43,000 (1.1%) in the quarter and up 297,000 (8.3%) YoY.
News categories: Megacable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Foxtel announces Hubbl plugin device and Hubbl Glass TV
Oct 26, 2023 – Foxtel has announced Hubbl, bringing together paid and free streaming entertainment via a plug-in device or a Hubbl Glass TV, all based on an entertainment OS backed by Comcast and Sky.
News categories: Foxtel, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS
Irdeto integrates Anypoint Media ad server
Oct 24, 2023 – Irdeto has announced a partnership with Anypoint Media, integrating Anypoint's Flower Ad Server into its Server Side Ad Insertion (SSAI) product, and onto its Android TV Hybrid Box offering.
News categories: Irdeto, Anypoint Media, Andrew Bunten, Won Baek, Advertising, Android TV, Asia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
HbbTV Symposium 2023 conference programme unveiled
Oct 23, 2023 – The HbbTV Association has unveiled the conference programme of the HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2023. The summit will take place on November 28-29 in Naples, co-hosted by Comunicare Digitale.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Comunicare Digitale, Vincent Grivet, Jon Piesing, Andrea M. Michelozzi, Advertising, Broadcast, Digital TV, HbbTV, Italy, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Breezeline completes Stream TV roll-out
Oct 19, 2023 – Breezeline has launched Breezeline Stream TV in its South Carolina service areas. With the latest deployment, the cloud-based TV service has been launched across the company's entire U.S. footprint.
News categories: Breezeline, Shaun Blake, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
RVT deploys Netflix Self-Serve Android TV STB from ZTE
Oct 20, 2023 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) and Brazil RVT have put ZTE's B866V2FA Netflix Self-Serve Android TV set-top box (STB) into commercial operation. The box is based on an Amlogic quad-core 64-bit chip.
News categories: ZTE, sim.digital, Android TV, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Mediacom to bring Xumo Stream Box to its broadband customers
Oct 19, 2023 – Xumo has announced Mediacom Communications will begin offering the Xumo Stream Box to its Xtream Internet customers in the coming months, the third U.S.-based operator to do so.
News categories: Xumo, Mediacom, Michael Gatzke, Tapan Dandnaik, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, TV OS, USA
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024