Digital TV News: 4iG
4iG acquires majority stake in ALBtelecom
Dec 8, 2021 – 4iG has signed an agreement to acquire 80.27% of the shares of ALBtelecom. The deal is expected to close in January 2022. ALBtelecom is the largest landline telecoms provider in Albania and has 71,000 TV subscribers.
News categories: 4iG, ALBtelecom, Gellért Jászai, Ahmet Çalik, Albania, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA
Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
Nov 30, 2021 – Digi Communications has concluded a sale and purchase agreement regarding the acquisition of its Hungarian operations by 4iG Plc. 4iG has agreed the purchase of Digi Hungary and its subsidiaries Invitel, Digi Infrastruktúra and I TV.
News categories: Digi Communications, 4iG, Serghei Bulgac, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, MandA, Satellite
Yes DTH extends service agreement with Spacecom
Jul 12, 2021 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has signed a two-year extension deal with D.B.S. Satellite Services, operator of Yes DTH in Israel, to continue the DTH's operations from AMOS-7 and AMOS-3 at 4°W.
News categories: Spacecom, D.B.S. Satellite Services, Dan Zajicek, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Satellite
Magyar Telekom extends AMOS-3 DTH agreement with Spacecom
Jul 5, 2021 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that T-Home DTH has signed an extension contract with Spacecom. T-Home DTH broadcasts over 160 channels to Hungary, including over 30 in HD, via the AMOS fleet at the 4°W.
News categories: Spacecom, Magyar Telekom, Oren Tepper, Dan Zajicek, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hungary, Satellite
4iG considering acquisition of DIGI Group's Hungarian operations
Mar 29, 2021 – Digi Communications has announced that its Romanian subsidiary and 4iG have entered into a preliminary, non-binding agreement regarding the acquisition of Digi Hungary and its subsidiaries, Invitel and I TV.
News categories: Digi Communications, 4iG, Digital TV, Hungary, MandA
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022