Digital TV News: AMC Networks
Dreamia selects Kaltura to power Panda+ kids' streaming service
Dec 16, 2021 – Kaltura has been selected to deliver a multiscreen streaming service platform for channel producer Dreamia. Kids' OTT service Panda+ is powered by a solution comprising the Kaltura TV Platform with front end and UI provided by Kaltura.
News categories: Kaltura, Dreamia, Nuno Sanches, Susanna Barbato, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal, Streaming, UX
Xandr launches Monetize TV audience-based ad sales platform
Aug 4, 2021 – Xandr has launched Monetize TV. Monetize TV's self-serve technology provides TV sellers with comprehensive monetization tools, demand enablement and, in the future, converged video solutions.
News categories: Xandr, Mark Mitchell, Steve Silvestri, Larry Hunt, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
605 provides attribution for Canoe addressable campaigns with AMC
Jul 7, 2021 – 605 has announced that it is the first to provide attribution services for participants in the Canoe Addressable enablement initiative. The first company to use 605 attribution tools will be AMC Networks.
News categories: 605, AMC Networks, Caroline Horner, Kim Kelleher, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
VIZIO announces first certified OAR technology partners
Jul 1, 2021 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) has announced that LTN, Beachfront, FreeWheel, INVIDI, Google, Adcuratio and Extreme Reach are compliant with Open Addressable Ready (OAR) specifications and are certified to enable OAR campaigns.
News categories: VIZIO, Zeev Neumeier, Malik Khan, Ben Abbatiello, Stefan Maris, Bruce Anderson, Peentoo Patel, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
Jun 9, 2021 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) now has more than 11.2 million addressable TVs in the U.S. capable of frame-accurate dynamic ad insertion, representing a significant milestone for the addressable advertising consortium, Project OAR.
News categories: VIZIO, Adam Gaynor, Kristine Bayles, Darren Sherriff, JP Colaco, Steve Silvestri, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Beachfront completes OAR-compliant ad trial on VIZIO TVs
May 5, 2021 – Beachfront has completed an addressable TV ad execution with VIZIO adhering to the technical specifications of Open Addressable Ready (OAR). The execution used Beachfront’s Unified Decisioning product.
News categories: Beachfront, VIZIO, Frank Sinton, Adam Gaynor, Dan Callahan, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
Feb 24, 2021 – AMC Networks and Omnicom Media Group (OMG) have completed two linear addressable TV campaigns. The campaigns used the On Addressability platform, with spots running on Comcast and Charter cable systems.
News categories: AMC Networks, Omnicom Media Group, Kim Kelleher, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Univision signs up to Project OAR
Feb 2, 2021 – Univision has announced that it has joined Project OAR, the consortium of American media companies created to establish a common technology for dynamic, addressable advertising management for TV.
News categories: Univision, Project OAR, Donna Speciale, Adam Gaynor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
OpenAP launches Supply-Side Platform for linear TV inventory
Jan 11, 2021 – OpenAP has launched a supply-side platform (SSP) that gives advertisers access to available linear inventory from TV publishers. The launch enables buying of advanced TV across premium viewing environments.
News categories: OpenAP, Omnicom, David Levy, Matthew Kramer, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion