Digital TV News: ATSC
ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
Sep 24, 2020 – ENENSYS has announced an ATSC 3.0 head-end solution that allows delivery of NextGen TV over hybrid networks. The solution supports switching between OTA to OTT, at receiver level, according to service availability.
News categories: ENENSYS, Gilles TOQUET, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Comark releases all-in-one transmitter for Non-Repack and NextGen TV
Sep 18, 2020 – Hitachi Kokusai Electric Comark has released its PARALLAX All-In-One (AIO) DTV transmitter for non-repack and NextGen TV requirements. PARALLAX AIO is a compact transmitter intended for medium power DTV markets.
News categories: Comark, Tom Barbeau, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Edge Networks selects ENENSYS for Evoca roll out
Aug 28, 2020 – ENENSYS has announced that Edge Networks has selected ENENSYS for its hybrid NEXTGEN TV service, Evoca. The solution includes an ATSC 3.0 Head-End and test and monitoring products.
News categories: ENENSYS, Edge Networks, Régis Le Roux, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Fastway Transmissions selects Synamedia Converged Headend
Aug 19, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that Fastway Transmissions is the first provider in India to go live with its Converged Headend. The deployment allows Fastway to bring together its video and IP workflows via the Synamedia Video Network Service Manager.
News categories: Synamedia, Fastway, Sue Couto, Prem Ojha, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India
PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
Jul 29, 2020 – Public Media Group (PMG) has formed an alliance with American Tower to create a turnkey ATSC 3.0 SFN solution for TV stations. Both companies will build out the networks, while PMG will own, operate and manage the infrastructure.
News categories: Public Media Group, American Tower, Joe Chinnici, Steve Vondran, Rick Ducey, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H Audio patents to Samsung
Jul 29, 2020 – Fraunhofer IIS has licensed its MPEG-H Audio patents to Samsung, allowing Samsung to manufacture products that feature MPEG-H Audio. MPEG-H Audio is specified in TV broadcast standards such as ATSC 3.0 and DVB as well as mobile standard 3GPP.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Samsung, Stefan Geyersberger, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
Jul 29, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that Yes (TASE: BEZQ) is deploying Synamedia’s end-to-end video network portfolio to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency for its cloud-based, internet-only TV services in Israel.
News categories: Synamedia, 'Yes', Yves Padrines, Itzhak Elyakim, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel
Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
Jul 28, 2020 – Seven local TV stations in Portland, including KATU (ABC), KOIN (CBS), KGW (NBC), KPTV (Fox), KOPB-TV (PBS), KRCW-TV (CW) and KPDX (MyNet), have become among the first in the U.S. to begin broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, BitPath, Mark Aitken, John Hane, Tom Casey, Brett Jenkins, Kurt Rao, Steven Bass, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
24i launches Video Experience Platform
Jul 22, 2020 – 24i has announced the launch of its Video Experience Platform (VEP), a SaaS platform that combines its apps framework, video processing and UX products with an ecosystem of technologies and partners.
News categories: 24i, Martijn Van Horssen, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV