Digital TV News: Alexa
Wiztivi makes voice control accessible for operators
Jan 28, 2021 – Wiztivi has announced a solution allowing operators, media and OTT players to integrate voice control into their UI. With Sagemcom, Wiztivi has enabled Vodafone and SFR to create a TV experience using smart speakers.
News categories: Wiztivi, Digital TV, Europe, France, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UX
Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
Jan 21, 2021 – Wyplay is now a member of the Amazon Alexa Solution Providers network. Wyplay has helped TV operators integrate the Alexa Voice Service (AVS) on multiple hardware devices and operating systems.
News categories: Wyplay, Amazon, Dominique Feral, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
Jan 15, 2021 – FCA will be the first automaker to implement Amazon's Alexa Custom Assistant into its vehicles. The Alexa Custom Assistant can be tailored to each FCA brand personality and customer need with a unique wake word, voice, skills and capabilities.
News categories: Alexa, Fiat Chrysler, Ned Curic, Mark Stewart, Big Data, In-Car, Smart Home, Worldwide
Roku TV no. 1 Smart TV OS in the U.S. and Canada
Jan 8, 2021 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced that Roku OS was the No. 1 smart TV OS sold in the U.S. and Canada. Roku TV had 38% market share in the US and 31% in Canada, based on data from January 5 to December 26, 2020.
News categories: Roku, Mustafa Ozgen, Canada, CES2021, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Sony announces BRAVIA TVs with 'Cognitive Processor XR'
Jan 7, 2021 – Sony has announced the world's first cognitive intelligence TVs. Powered by its Cognitive Processor XR, picture elements are adjusted to their best final outcome, so everything is synchronized and lifelike.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Mike Fasulo, Android TV, CES2021, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
KONKA enters North American smart home market
Dec 21, 2020 – KONKA has announced that it will enter the smart home market with the debut of its KONKASmart line-up at Digital CES. The KONKASmart product lineup will be available in North America beginning in Spring 2021.
News categories: KONKA, CES2021, North America, Smart Home
HBO Max available on Amazon Fire TV and Fire tablets
Nov 16, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that HBO Max will begin rolling out on Amazon Fire TV streaming devices, Fire TV Edition smart TVs, and Fire tablets on Tuesday, November 17. HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s D2C streaming offering.
News categories: WarnerMedia, Amazon, HBO Max, Tony Goncalves, Marc Whitten, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, USA
Roku OS 9.4 brings support for Apple AirPlay 2 and HomeKit
Nov 11, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that, with the release of Roku OS 9.4, Apple AirPlay 2 and HomeKit support is now available on select 4K Roku devices, including the Roku Ultra, Roku Streambar, Roku Smart Soundbar, Roku Streaming Stick+, and Roku Premiere.
News categories: Roku, Ilya Asnis, Canada, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK, USA
Freeview and Vestel sign new 5-year partnership
Nov 10, 2020 – Freeview UK has renewed its contract with Vestel for a further five years. The deal means that the Freeview Play service will be not just present, but have prominence on all new Vestel manufactured TV sets.
News categories: Freeview, Vestel, Simon Hunt, Barış Altınkaya, Digital TV, HbbTV, Licensing, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results