Digital TV News: Alexa
TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
Sep 27, 2022 – Asia Satellite Telecommunications has announced that TV5MONDE has selected AsiaSat 5 to distribute TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to serve audiences in regions of North East Asia and Oceania.
News categories: AsiaSat, TV5MONDE, Ina Lui, Alexandre Muller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Oceania, Satellite
Hisense selects Synaptics processor for AI-enabled always-on voice remote
Sep 9, 2022 – Synaptics (Nasdaq: SYNA) has announced that Hisense has selected Synaptics' DBM10L processor with dedicated neural processing unit (NPU) to implement an AI-enabled always-on voice (AOV) remote control unit (RCU).
News categories: Synaptics, Hisense, Venkat Kodavati, Shay Kamin Braun, Digital TV, IBC2022, Smart Home, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
LG Smart TVs to incorporate Intertrust ExpressPlay conditional access
Sep 6, 2022 – LG Electronics (LG) and Intertrust have announced that LG Smart TVs will be Intertrust ExpressPlay XCA-enabled. LG’s XCA enabled TVs will support operators in Germany starting in 2023.
News categories: ExpressPlay, HD+, LG Electronics, Manas Matti, Alexander Sacher, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2022, Smart TV
Roku TV launches in Germany with Metz blue and TCL
Sep 1, 2022 – Roku has announced the arrival of Roku TV in Germany, with Metz blue and TCL as the first partners to launch Roku TV models. The launch follows Roku’s entry into the market last year with its streaming players.
News categories: Roku, Metz, TCL, Arthur van Rest, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, TV OS
SoftAtHome presents its new multi-service platform for operators at IBC
Aug 29, 2022 – SoftAtHome is creating a converged service vision with ImpressioNG, where the TV accesses and controls operator services in the home, aggregating video content, connectivity, and IoT, embracing the matter standard.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Digital TV, Gateway, IBC2022, Middleware, Smart Home, Worldwide
Crackle Plus launches FAST on the TCL Channel in the U.S.
Jul 12, 2022 – Crackle Plus (Nasdaq: CSSE) is to launch five FAST channels on the TCL Channel streaming platform in the US. The channels are Crackle, Crackle Classics, Chicken Soup for the Soul, Popcornflix and Truli.
News categories: Crackle, FFalcon, Philippe Guelton, Rebecca Wan, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Crackle Plus extends measurement relationship with iSpot.tv
Jul 6, 2022 – Crackle Plus (Nasdaq: CSSE) has renewed its relationship with iSpot.tv. iSpot.tv will continue to provide its Unified Measurement to the brands working with Crackle Plus to quantify the incremental reach delivered over linear.
News categories: Crackle, iSpot.tv, Darren Olive, Stu Schwartzapfel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Crackle Plus expands CTV ad inventory with Amagi
Jun 7, 2022 – Amagi has announced a Connected TV ad inventory agreement with Crackle Plus (NASDAQ: CSSE). Amagi's ADS PLUS first-party ad platform supports over 700 content brands on 2,000+ channels, delivering over 50 billion ad impressions.
News categories: Amagi, Crackle, James M. Smith, Philippe Guelton, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
May 17, 2022 – Hisense and Amazon Fire TV have announce the U6HF, Hisense’s first smart TV with Amazon Fire TV built-in. Available exclusively at Amazon.com, the new 50” smart TV will offer Fire TV's experience alongside the intelligence of Alexa.
News categories: Hisense, David Gold, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity
- Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
- Global pay TV subscribers to remain at around one billion
- Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
- Streaming dominates UK television landscape
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite