Digital TV News: Analog Devices
Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
Dec 3, 2013 – Following a 2.5 percent decline in 2012, the global semiconductor market has regained its footing in 2013 with revenue set to expand by nearly 5 percent because of the strong performance of the memory sector.
News categories: IHS Inc, Dale Ford, Market Research, Semiconductor
HDTV Market to Surge in 2013 Despite Only Modest Growth in 2012
Sep 20, 2012 – During much of the first half of 2012, revenue from the LCD HD television segment remained poor. The primary problem for LCD manufacturers has been the rise of ultra-low cost production in places such as China, which has undercut already meager margins.
News categories: Global Information Inc, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Overall HDMI Device Shipment CAGR to Approach 21% from 2009-2014
May 11, 2011 – While its strength continues to be in the consumer electronics (CE) segment, recent gains in PCs and mobile phones have overall HDMI device shipment CAGR approaching 21% from 2009-2014, according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, DVD, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Samsung Closes in on Intel for Semiconductor Market Leadership in 2010
Apr 19, 2011 – Continuing its steady rise in the semiconductor industry, Samsung in 2010 came closer to challenging Intel's chip market leadership than any company had in more than a decade, new IHS iSuppli market research has revealed.
News categories: iSuppli, Market Research, Semiconductor
Mobile Phones with HDMI Ports to Ship in the Millions in 2010
Dec 7, 2010 – For the first time, the number of mobile phones with HDMI ports will ship in excess of a million units in 2010, says In-Stat. Meanwhile, HDMI has become pervasive in the consumer electronics, accounting for over 350 million devices shipping in 2010.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, DVD, Gaming, In-Car, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Tablet
HDMI Adoption Climbs, while DVI Slides into Retreat
Dec 1, 2009 – High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) adoption continues to gain ground across several segments. Meanwhile, the now legacy Digital Visual Interface (DVI) is gradually declining, reports In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Camcorder, DVD, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Tablet
Analog Devices Unveils Multi-Standard Terrestrial Mobile TV RF Tuners
Sep 9, 2009 – Analog Devices (NYSE:ADI) has extended its mobile television RF product family. Compatible with global terrestrial mobile TV standards, ADI's ADMTV803 and ADMTV804 RF tuners consume 60% less power and are 50% smaller than competing tuners.
News categories: Analog Devices, Digital TV, DTMB, ICs, ISDB-T, Mobile, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Factum Electronics Licenses Its DAB/DMB Middleware to Analog Devices
Jun 11, 2008 – Factum Electronics (STO:EFFN)(BCN:FDH) has announced an agreement with Analog Devices (NYSE: ADI). The agreement covers licensing of Factum's middleware and co-operation on technology and marketing targeting handheld mobile devices.
News categories: Analog Devices, Factum Electronics, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor
ACCESS NetFront Browser Runs on Analog Devices' Blackfin Processor
May 14, 2008 – ACCESS CO., LTD. has announced that its NetFront™ Browser is available on Analog Devices' (ADI) Blackfin® Processor.
News categories: ACCESS CO., Analog Devices, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor
- PEAK3 ATSC 3.0 one-to-many solution for IoT and Edge use cases
- Verimatrix launches VCAS monitoring in the Cloud
- Ad-supported Disney+ now available in the U.S.
- Allegro DVT and V-Nova collaborate to accelerate LCEVC deployment
- Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Nordic streaming customers open to subscriptions with ads
- Frndly TV exceeds 700,000 subscribers
- Pixalate releases November 2022 CTV app spoofing report
- Pixalate releases Q3 2022 SSP market share rankings
- SMPTE publishes guide to ontologies and semantics for media in the cloud
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia