Digital TV News: Analog Devices
Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
Dec 3, 2013 – Following a 2.5 percent decline in 2012, the global semiconductor market has regained its footing in 2013 with revenue set to expand by nearly 5 percent because of the strong performance of the memory sector.
News categories: IHS Inc, Dale Ford, Market Research, Semiconductor
HDTV Market to Surge in 2013 Despite Only Modest Growth in 2012
Sep 20, 2012 – During much of the first half of 2012, revenue from the LCD HD television segment remained poor. The primary problem for LCD manufacturers has been the rise of ultra-low cost production in places such as China, which has undercut already meager margins.
News categories: Global Information Inc, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Overall HDMI Device Shipment CAGR to Approach 21% from 2009-2014
May 11, 2011 – While its strength continues to be in the consumer electronics (CE) segment, recent gains in PCs and mobile phones have overall HDMI device shipment CAGR approaching 21% from 2009-2014, according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, DVD, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Samsung Closes in on Intel for Semiconductor Market Leadership in 2010
Apr 19, 2011 – Continuing its steady rise in the semiconductor industry, Samsung in 2010 came closer to challenging Intel's chip market leadership than any company had in more than a decade, new IHS iSuppli market research has revealed.
News categories: iSuppli, Market Research, Semiconductor
Mobile Phones with HDMI Ports to Ship in the Millions in 2010
Dec 7, 2010 – For the first time, the number of mobile phones with HDMI ports will ship in excess of a million units in 2010, says In-Stat. Meanwhile, HDMI has become pervasive in the consumer electronics, accounting for over 350 million devices shipping in 2010.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, DVD, Gaming, In-Car, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Tablet
HDMI Adoption Climbs, while DVI Slides into Retreat
Dec 1, 2009 – High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) adoption continues to gain ground across several segments. Meanwhile, the now legacy Digital Visual Interface (DVI) is gradually declining, reports In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Camcorder, DVD, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Tablet
Analog Devices Unveils Multi-Standard Terrestrial Mobile TV RF Tuners
Sep 9, 2009 – Analog Devices (NYSE:ADI) has extended its mobile television RF product family. Compatible with global terrestrial mobile TV standards, ADI's ADMTV803 and ADMTV804 RF tuners consume 60% less power and are 50% smaller than competing tuners.
News categories: Analog Devices, Digital TV, DTMB, ICs, ISDB-T, Mobile, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Factum Electronics Licenses Its DAB/DMB Middleware to Analog Devices
Jun 11, 2008 – Factum Electronics (STO:EFFN)(BCN:FDH) has announced an agreement with Analog Devices (NYSE: ADI). The agreement covers licensing of Factum's middleware and co-operation on technology and marketing targeting handheld mobile devices.
News categories: Analog Devices, Factum Electronics, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor
ACCESS NetFront Browser Runs on Analog Devices' Blackfin Processor
May 14, 2008 – ACCESS CO., LTD. has announced that its NetFront™ Browser is available on Analog Devices' (ADI) Blackfin® Processor.
News categories: ACCESS CO., Analog Devices, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand