Digital TV News: Antenna Hungaria
MinDig TV users in Hungary grow 134,000 to 350,000 in 2012
Feb 20, 2013 – The number of users of Antenna Hungária's MinDig TV free-to-air digital terrestrial TV service in Hungary grew by nearly 134 thousand in 2012, based on survey results from Ipsos.
News categories: Antenna Hungária, Hungary, Market Research, Terrestrial
Hungary adds 178,000 digital TV subscribers in 2012
Feb 18, 2013 – According to Hungary's Office of the National Media and Infocommunications Authority (NMHH), in December 2012 the number of households with digital TV subscriptions for the country's largest broadcasters was 1,836,428, up from 1,657,977 in December 2011.
News categories: NMHH, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
End-October start for switch-off of analogue broadcasting in Hungary
Oct 3, 2012 – Antenna Hungária will turn off the analogue M1 repeater transmitter in Barcs on October 31, 2012, thus beginning the switch off process for the analogue terrestrial television network in Hungary.
News categories: Antenna Hungária, MinDig TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hungary, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Hungary adds 90,000 digital TV subscribers in 1H2012
Aug 27, 2012 – In June 2012, the number of households with digital TV subscriptions in the network of Hungary's largest broadcasters was 1,748,286, according to the latest Flash Report released by the country's National Media and Infocommunications Authority.
News categories: NMHH, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, MMDS, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Hungary finishes 2011 with 1.658 million pay TV subscribers
Feb 7, 2012 – In December 2011, the number of households with digital television subscriptions in the network of Hungary's largest broadcasters was 1,658,000, according to the latest Flash Report released by Hungary's Office of the National Media and Infocommunications Authority (NMHH).
News categories: NMHH, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Market Research, MMDS, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Antenna Hungária MinDig TV DTT users reach 100,000
Aug 24, 2010 – There are now more than 100,000 households with a MinDig TV DTT receiver after a more than fivefold increase in the number of MinDig TV receivers sold during the first half of 2010 compared with the same period of 2009.
News categories: Antenna Hungária, Hungary, Market Research, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Antenna Hungária launches MinDig TV Extra pay DTT
May 18, 2010 – Antenna Hungária has launched a pay-tv service, branded as MinDig TV Extra, on its digital terrestrial television (DVB-T) platform as of May 25, 2010. The new service offers an additional ten popular thematic channels.
News categories: Antenna Hungária, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Hungary, Terrestrial
DVB-T penetration reaches 6% of Hungarian households in 1Q10
May 5, 2010 – A 33% growth was recorded in the number of DVB-T MPEG-4 compatible receivers in Hungarian households during the first quarter of 2010 compared with the previous quarter. At the end of March, 6% of the Hungarian households had a DVB-T ready receiver.
News categories: Antenna Hungária, GfK, Hungary, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Major operators in Hungary end 2009 with 1.141 million digital TV subscribers
Mar 2, 2010 – According to a flash report released by NHH, in December 2009 the number of households with digital television subscriptions in the network of Hungary's fourteen largest broadcasters rose to 1,141,000, an increase of 23,000 in the month.
News categories: NHH, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- MCTV selects MOBITV for advanced TV services
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
- Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box
- RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
- Jump and Float Left offer data-driven solution for OTT personalization
- TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
- Netflix loses subscribers in Sweden
- Comscore announces advancements in cross-screen media measurement
- Spain's video entertainment market to grow to €4.5 Billion by 2024