Digital TV News: Applicaster
JW Player and Applicaster launch integrated OTT app solution
Nov 17, 2021 – JW Player has partnered with Applicaster to launch an OTT app solution for broadcasters and content owners. The out-of-the-box solution enables content owners to launch custom OTT apps at scale without requiring any development.
News categories: JW Player, Applicaster, Dave Otten, Ido Hadari, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
54% of U.S. OTT brands plan to change business models in 2021
Jun 2, 2021 – Applicaster, in its latest OTT industry survey, has found that three-quarters of respondents plan to change their monetization model this year, or are considering making a change.
News categories: Applicaster, Ido Hadari, Devra Prywes, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
Oct 22, 2020 – Applicaster has launched Fast Forward Solutions, a multi-partner technology stack that accelerates video app development. Fast Forward Solutions enables apps to be launched on eight OTT platforms in as few as four weeks.
News categories: Applicaster, Devra Prywes, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
54% of US broadband households now own a smart TV
Jun 24, 2020 – Parks Associates has released a whitepaper which finds more than 50% of US broadband households own at least one smart TV, making the smart TV the primary platform for video services at a time when content consumption is increasing dramatically.
News categories: Parks Associates, Applicaster, Steve Nason, Jonathan Laor, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
Applicaster Quick Brick Framework speeds video app development
Jun 3, 2020 – Applicaster has launched Quick Brick, an app development framework within its SaaS app development platform, Zapp. The Zapp enhancement enables UIs to be quickly built, and optimized after launch by non-developers.
News categories: Applicaster, Jonathan Laor, Apps, Digital TV, Worldwide
ZEE5 chooses Applicaster to enhance the app experience
Oct 3, 2019 – Applicaster has been chosen by ZEE5 to enhance the user experience and application experience. The partnership will focus on updating the ZEE5 app interface to mirror the evolving preferences of the new-age OTT viewer using Applicaster’s Zapp platform.
News categories: Applicaster, ZEE5, Jonathan Laor, Rajneel Kumar, Apps, Digital TV, India, Streaming
ZEE5 partners with Applicaster to improve viewer experience
Jun 10, 2019 – ZEE5 has announced a partnership with Applicaster to redesign the user interface of its ZEE5 app. As well as Applicaster, ZEE5 has worked with several other Israeli startups to add Artificial Intelligence (AI) and interactive features to its platform.
News categories: Applicaster, ZEE5, Apps, Digital TV, India, Streaming
Applicaster secures $20M growth funding
Mar 26, 2019 – Applicaster has announced a $20M growth round of funding. The funding round, led by Viola Growth and backed by further investment from 83 North, Pitango, Saban Ventures, and Planven Investments, will be used to expand the company’s global presence and product set.
News categories: Applicaster, Jonathan Laor, Eran Westman, Apps, Digital TV, Israel, Venture Capital, Worldwide
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform