Digital TV News: Applicaster
Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
Oct 22, 2020 – Applicaster has launched Fast Forward Solutions, a multi-partner technology stack that accelerates video app development. Fast Forward Solutions enables apps to be launched on eight OTT platforms in as few as four weeks.
News categories: Applicaster, Devra Prywes, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
54% of US broadband households now own a smart TV
Jun 24, 2020 – Parks Associates has released a whitepaper which finds more than 50% of US broadband households own at least one smart TV, making the smart TV the primary platform for video services at a time when content consumption is increasing dramatically.
News categories: Parks Associates, Applicaster, Steve Nason, Jonathan Laor, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
Applicaster Quick Brick Framework speeds video app development
Jun 3, 2020 – Applicaster has launched Quick Brick, an app development framework within its SaaS app development platform, Zapp. The Zapp enhancement enables UIs to be quickly built, and optimized after launch by non-developers.
News categories: Applicaster, Jonathan Laor, Apps, Digital TV, Worldwide
ZEE5 chooses Applicaster to enhance the app experience
Oct 3, 2019 – Applicaster has been chosen by ZEE5 to enhance the user experience and application experience. The partnership will focus on updating the ZEE5 app interface to mirror the evolving preferences of the new-age OTT viewer using Applicaster’s Zapp platform.
News categories: Applicaster, ZEE5, Jonathan Laor, Rajneel Kumar, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT
ZEE5 partners with Applicaster to improve viewer experience
Jun 10, 2019 – ZEE5 has announced a partnership with Applicaster to redesign the user interface of its ZEE5 app. As well as Applicaster, ZEE5 has worked with several other Israeli startups to add Artificial Intelligence (AI) and interactive features to its platform.
News categories: Applicaster, ZEE5, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT
Applicaster secures $20M growth funding
Mar 26, 2019 – Applicaster has announced a $20M growth round of funding. The funding round, led by Viola Growth and backed by further investment from 83 North, Pitango, Saban Ventures, and Planven Investments, will be used to expand the company’s global presence and product set.
News categories: Applicaster, Jonathan Laor, Eran Westman, Apps, Digital TV, Israel, Venture Capital, Worldwide
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting
- Chinese suppliers take top three positions in TV panel shipments
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Finecast extends TV reach with new UK ad inventory partners
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV