Digital TV News: Astro
Astro launches FAST services on 'sooka' streaming service with Amagi
Jul 6, 2023 – Amagi has announced a partnership with Astro to support the launch of Free Ad-supported Streaming TV (FAST) services on sooka, Astro's standalone streaming service in Malaysia.
News categories: Amagi, Astro, sooka, Srinivasan KA, Chu Young Lee, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Streaming
Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
May 23, 2023 – Astro has added WeTV, a streaming service from Tencent, to its Ultra Box. Astro customers can access the entertainment content by adding WeTV VIP to their Astro subscription.
News categories: Astro, WeTV, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box
ZEE5 now available on Astro's Ultra and Ulti boxes
Mar 23, 2023 – Astro has added ZEE5 and Viu to its Ultra and Ulti Boxes, bringing in more global entertainment to customers' homes and devices, and expanding the number of streaming apps on the platform to ten.
News categories: Astro, ZEE5, Viu, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
Viu app comes to Astro's Ultra Box
Mar 10, 2023 – Astro has expanded its streaming service, adding the Viu app to its platform. Astro customers can now access Viu on multi-screens, including on its Ultra Box.
News categories: Astro, Viu, Agnes Rozario, Janice Lee, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
Astro Ulti Box gains four more streaming apps
Dec 21, 2022 – Astro has added the iQIYI, TVBAnywhere+, beIN SPORTS CONNECT and BBC Player apps to its Ulti Box so customers can stream more sporting events, Asian entertainment, British programs, local favourites and anime on their TV.
News categories: Astro, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box
Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
Dec 5, 2022 – Media Partners Asia (MPA) estimates that 1.0 million net new subscribers will be added in Asia Pacific ex-China over 2022-27, driven by India and parts of South and SE Asia, partially offset by contraction in all other regions.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Couto, Asia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Astro Malaysia goes live with Synamedia engagement analytics
Oct 5, 2022 – Synamedia has announced that Astro Malaysia has gone live with Synamedia Clarissa to gain a deeper understanding about how business decisions impact viewer behaviour and content consumption, with the goal of boosting engagement.
News categories: Synamedia, Astro Malaysia, Paul Segre, Euan Smith, Advertising, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, UX
beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
Sep 21, 2022 – Astro Malaysia has launched the beIN SPORTS CONNECT, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps on its Ultra Box, allowing customers to stream more live sporting events and Asian entertainment on their big screen TV.
News categories: Astro TV, Euan Smith, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box, Streaming
Telstra adopts Fetch as TV platform provider
Apr 28, 2022 – Telstra has selected Fetch as its platform for Telstra TV. Telstra will invest around A$50m including provision for onboarding Telstra TV customers onto Fetch, resulting in Telstra acquiring a 51% stake in the company.
News categories: Telstra, Fetch TV, Kim Krogh Andersen, Scott Lorson, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, UX
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023