Digital TV News: Bayerischer Rundfunk
5G-MAG launch puts media in the centre of 5G
Sep 13, 2019 – A 5G Media Action Group (5G-MAG) has been launched to provide a framework for all relevant stakeholders to collaborate on a market driven implementation of 5G in production and distribution of audiovisual media content and services.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, 5G-MAG, Antonio Arcidiacono, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2019, Worldwide
5G TODAY broadcasting field trial officially launched
May 9, 2019 – The 5G TODAY project has begun its 5G Broadcasting field trial. The project partners Bayerischer Rundfunk (BR), IRT, Kathrein, Rohde & Schwarz and Telefónica Germany are jointly testing broadcasting options for future 5G technology.
News categories: IRT, Telefónica, Rohde & Schwarz, Kathrein, Bayerischer Rundfunk, Michael Hagemeyer, Gerald Huber, Peter Riedel, Anton Kathrein, Ulrich Wilhelm, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany
Rohde & Schwarz to present 5G Broadcast solution at NAB 2019
Apr 3, 2019 – At NAB 2019, Rohde & Schwarz will present a solution for the future transmission of media content with 5G Broadcast. By using a high-power high-tower network topology as an overlay for mobile networks, transmission will be significantly more efficient and cost-effective than before.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, Worldwide
Rohde & Schwarz and Kathrein partner on LTE Broadcast trial in Germany
Dec 5, 2018 – As part of an LTE Broadcast research project, a Rohde & Schwarz transmitter has gone into operation at Bayerischer Rundfunk’s (BR) Wendelstein transmitter station. In addition, Kathrein has completed an antenna for test operation at BR’s transmitter site near Munich.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Kathrein, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile
Nokia to trial LTE for national TV broadcasting
Jul 29, 2014 – Nokia Networks is working with a range of partners in the world’s first field trial of wide-area TV broadcasting using a single LTE frequency within UHF spectrum.
News categories: Nokia, Hossein Moiin, 5G, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile
Bayerischer Rundfunk tests DVB-T2 in Bavaria
Sep 24, 2010 – Since September 2nd, Bayerischer Rundfunk (BR) has been testing DVB-T2 transmissions from the Freimann transmitter in the city of Munich in Germany.
News categories: Bayerischer Rundfunk, DVB-T2, Germany, Terrestrial
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs