Digital TV News: Bayerischer Rundfunk
5G-MAG launch puts media in the centre of 5G
Sep 13, 2019 – A 5G Media Action Group (5G-MAG) has been launched to provide a framework for all relevant stakeholders to collaborate on a market driven implementation of 5G in production and distribution of audiovisual media content and services.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, 5G-MAG, Antonio Arcidiacono, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBCShowcase, Worldwide
5G TODAY broadcasting field trial officially launched
May 9, 2019 – The 5G TODAY project has begun its 5G Broadcasting field trial. The project partners Bayerischer Rundfunk (BR), IRT, Kathrein, Rohde & Schwarz and Telefónica Germany are jointly testing broadcasting options for future 5G technology.
News categories: IRT, Telefónica, Rohde & Schwarz, Kathrein, Bayerischer Rundfunk, Michael Hagemeyer, Gerald Huber, Peter Riedel, Anton Kathrein, Ulrich Wilhelm, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany
Rohde & Schwarz to present 5G Broadcast solution at NAB 2019
Apr 3, 2019 – At NAB 2019, Rohde & Schwarz will present a solution for the future transmission of media content with 5G Broadcast. By using a high-power high-tower network topology as an overlay for mobile networks, transmission will be significantly more efficient and cost-effective than before.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, Worldwide
Rohde & Schwarz and Kathrein partner on LTE Broadcast trial in Germany
Dec 5, 2018 – As part of an LTE Broadcast research project, a Rohde & Schwarz transmitter has gone into operation at Bayerischer Rundfunk’s (BR) Wendelstein transmitter station. In addition, Kathrein has completed an antenna for test operation at BR’s transmitter site near Munich.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Kathrein, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile
Nokia to trial LTE for national TV broadcasting
Jul 29, 2014 – Nokia Networks is working with a range of partners in the world’s first field trial of wide-area TV broadcasting using a single LTE frequency within UHF spectrum.
News categories: Nokia, Hossein Moiin, 5G, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile
Bayerischer Rundfunk tests DVB-T2 in Bavaria
Sep 24, 2010 – Since September 2nd, Bayerischer Rundfunk (BR) has been testing DVB-T2 transmissions from the Freimann transmitter in the city of Munich in Germany.
News categories: Bayerischer Rundfunk, DVB-T2, Germany, Terrestrial
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering
- Alphonso re-launches as LG Ads
- AirConsole cloud gaming for all Xiaomi Android TV devices
- LG webOS TV platform includes QuickSet from UEI
- U.S. DTH service Orby TV closes down
- Saankhya Labs receives FCC certification for broadcast-to-mobile solution
- MediaKind integrates Dolby Vision HDR technology
- Korean and US content power online video consumption in SE Asia
- MobiTV enters voluntary Chapter 11
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E