Digital TV News: Bayerischer Rundfunk
DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
Jun 15, 2021 – Skyline Communications has announced that the German ARD Group deployed DataMiner for the end-to-end management and quality control of its live streams of the 2020 European football championship.
News categories: Skyline Communications, Kai von Garnier, Glenn D’Haene, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, QoE, Streaming
5G-MAG launch puts media in the centre of 5G
Sep 13, 2019 – A 5G Media Action Group (5G-MAG) has been launched to provide a framework for all relevant stakeholders to collaborate on a market driven implementation of 5G in production and distribution of audiovisual media content and services.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, 5G-MAG, Antonio Arcidiacono, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2022, Worldwide
5G TODAY broadcasting field trial officially launched
May 9, 2019 – The 5G TODAY project has begun its 5G Broadcasting field trial. The project partners Bayerischer Rundfunk (BR), IRT, Kathrein, Rohde & Schwarz and Telefónica Germany are jointly testing broadcasting options for future 5G technology.
News categories: IRT, Telefónica, Rohde & Schwarz, Kathrein, Bayerischer Rundfunk, Michael Hagemeyer, Gerald Huber, Peter Riedel, Anton Kathrein, Ulrich Wilhelm, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany
Rohde & Schwarz to present 5G Broadcast solution at NAB 2019
Apr 3, 2019 – At NAB 2019, Rohde & Schwarz will present a solution for the future transmission of media content with 5G Broadcast. By using a high-power high-tower network topology as an overlay for mobile networks, transmission will be significantly more efficient and cost-effective than before.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, Worldwide
Rohde & Schwarz and Kathrein partner on LTE Broadcast trial in Germany
Dec 5, 2018 – As part of an LTE Broadcast research project, a Rohde & Schwarz transmitter has gone into operation at Bayerischer Rundfunk’s (BR) Wendelstein transmitter station. In addition, Kathrein has completed an antenna for test operation at BR’s transmitter site near Munich.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Kathrein, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile
Nokia to trial LTE for national TV broadcasting
Jul 29, 2014 – Nokia Networks is working with a range of partners in the world’s first field trial of wide-area TV broadcasting using a single LTE frequency within UHF spectrum.
News categories: Nokia, Hossein Moiin, 5G, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile
Bayerischer Rundfunk tests DVB-T2 in Bavaria
Sep 24, 2010 – Since September 2nd, Bayerischer Rundfunk (BR) has been testing DVB-T2 transmissions from the Freimann transmitter in the city of Munich in Germany.
News categories: Bayerischer Rundfunk, DVB-T2, Germany, Terrestrial
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.
- ACCESS offers simple route for operators to add OTT TV services
- Net Solution acquires Beenius IPTV/OTT platform