Digital TV News: Broadcast Australia
ENENSYS provides gateway and modulator for Australia DVB-T2 trial
Jul 1, 2019 – ENENSYS has announced that Free TV, TX Australia and Broadcast Australia used its gateway and modulator for trials of DVB-T2 in Australia. The trial assessed the performance of DVB-T2 transmission in both MFN and SFN configurations.
News categories: ENENSYS, Free TV, TX Australia, Broadcast Australia, Colin Prior, Roger Bunch, Michael Ryder, Stephen Farrugia, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2
GatesAir supplies exciter for DVB-T2 trials on Australia’s Gold Coast
Jan 23, 2019 – GatesAir has supplied its Maxiva XTE exciter to Australian broadcast entities - TX Australia, Broadcast Australia, and Free TV - for DVB-T2 field trials on Australia’s Gold Coast, just south of Brisbane.
News categories: GatesAir, TX Australia, Rich Redmond, Paul Mullen, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2
Rohde & Schwarz facilitates Australian DVB-T2 trials
Aug 9, 2018 – In cooperation with Free TV, ABC and SBS, Broadcast Australia recently conducted DVB-T2 trials in the Sydney area. Rohde & Schwarz supplied transmitters, retransmitters and test equipment for the testing phase.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Broadcast Australia, Peter Lambourne, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
ENENSYS provides re-broadcast solution for DVB-T2 trials in Sydney
Jun 6, 2018 – ENENSYS has announced that it has provided its T2Gateway and DTTCaster products to enable Broadcast Australia / Free TV trials of next-generation broadcast technology in Sydney. The trial is assessing the performance of DVB-T2 in the Australian environment.
News categories: ENENSYS, Broadcast Australia, Colin Prior, Stephen Farrugia, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2
Free TV and Broadcast Australia partner for DVB-T2 trials
Mar 21, 2018 – Free TV and Broadcast Australia have announced that they had agreed to conduct trials of next generation broadcast technology in Sydney. The SBS and the ABC will also be active participants in the trials.
News categories: Free TV, Broadcast Australia, Bridget Fair, Peter Lambourne, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2
Broadcast Mobile TV demonstrated with Sydney Trial
Jan 23, 2009 – The Ai Group's Australian Digital Suppliers Industry Forum (ADSIF) is coordinating a DVB-H mobile TV trial in Sydney with partners including Optus, Nokia, Nokia Siemens Networks, LG, Broadcast Australia and Australian Digital Testing.
News categories: Ai Group, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile
Broadcast Australia guides Thailand's DTV switchover
Sep 21, 2007 – It has been decided that Thailand's fixed terrestrial DTV network will be based on the digital video broadcasting - terrestrial (DVB-T) standard.
News categories: Broadcast Australia, Broadcasting, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, Thailand
Irdeto Conducts Sydney DVB-H trial
Jun 18, 2007 – Irdeto has partnered with Broadcast Australia, and head-end systems vendor Thomson in a DVB-H (Digital Video Broadcasting - Handheld) trial in Sydney, Australia.
News categories: Australia, Conditional Access, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Mobile
ACMA extends datacasting trial and approves new mobile television trial in Sydney on channels A and B
Mar 28, 2007 – ACMA has approved an application by Irdeto Access to conduct a digital video broadcasting-handheld (DVB-H) mobile television trial in Sydney. Using channel 29, this trial will be for a 'one-off' three month period commencing early April.
News categories: ACMA, Irdeto, Australia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Mobile
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020