Digital TV News: CBS Corporation
CBS partners with AI-powered consumer insights platform Canvs
Mar 1, 2019 – CBS (NYSE: CBS and CBS.A) has announced that it will integrate Canvs Surveys, an AI-powered platform to automate the coding of open-ended responses to survey questions. Using Canvs Surveys, CBS can measure the efficacy of ads and benchmark future programs' successes.
News categories: Canvs, CBS, Jared Feldman, Radha Subramanyam, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
CBS renews audience measurement with Nielsen
Jan 12, 2019 – CBS (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) and Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) have announced an agreement for Nielsen national, digital and local audience measurement. The renewal encompasses a range of services.
News categories: Nielsen, CBS Corp, David Kenny, Joe Ianniello, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
CBS And Nielsen collaborate on dynamic ad insertion in live broadcasts
May 14, 2018 – CBS and Nielsen have announced that they are working on a collaboration that will deliver Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI) in live linear national broadcast television, helping to actualize and progress addressable advertising.
News categories: CBS, Nielsen, Jo Ann Ross, Peter Bradbury, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
CBS All Access launches in Canada
Apr 23, 2018 – CBS All Access, CBS’ direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand service, has launched in Canada, marking its first expansion into an international market.
News categories: CBS Interactive, CBS All Access, Marc DeBevoise, Canada, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming
CBS launches 24/7 direct-to-consumer streaming network for sports
Feb 26, 2018 – CBS has launched CBS SPORTS HQ, a 24-hour streaming sports news network offering news, highlights and analysis, easily accessible for free on connected devices. The new digital network is a collaboration between CBS Sports and CBS Interactive.
News categories: CBS Corp, CBS Interactive, CBS Sports, Leslie Moonves, Jim Lanzone, Sean McManus, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Piracy-enabling STB supplier closed down in Australia
Nov 28, 2017 – Following a joint investigation in Australia by the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) and CASBAA's Coalition Against Piracy (CAP) into a large supplier of IPTV set-top boxes, pre-loaded to play pirated movies, television shows, sports programming, and other content has had these operations closed down in Australia.
News categories: CASBAA, Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Neil Gane, Zoe Thorogood, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
fuboTV passes 100k subscribers
Oct 10, 2017 – fuboTV has passed the 100,000 subscriber milestone. Originally launching in January 2015 as a streaming soccer destination, fuboTV has built a new over-the-top (OTT) live service that offers fans the most sports for the least money.
News categories: fuboTV, David Gandler, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
CBS to use Nielsen out-of-home measurement
Sep 21, 2017 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced that CBS (NYSE: CBS.A; CBS) has subscribed to Nielsen's National Out-of-Home Reporting Service. The agreement provides CBS with ratings for all programming and commercial content that aired on the Network for live plus seven days of time-shifted viewing.
News categories: Nielsen, CBS Corp, Peter Bradbury, David F. Poltrack, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
CBS to acquire Network Ten in Australia
Aug 28, 2017 – CBS (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) has agreed to acquire Network Ten, one of three major commercial broadcast networks in Australia. Using Network Ten’s linear and digital assets, CBS will launch CBS All Access in the Australian market.
News categories: CBS Corp, Network Ten, Leslie Moonves, Armando Nuñez, Australia, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming
- NextGen TV launched on local stations in Rochester, NY
- FCC proposes pricing transparency for cable and satellite services
- Tubi announces new planning integrations and partnerships
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics