Digital TV News: CBS Corporation
CBS partners with AI-powered consumer insights platform Canvs
Mar 1, 2019 – CBS (NYSE: CBS and CBS.A) has announced that it will integrate Canvs Surveys, an AI-powered platform to automate the coding of open-ended responses to survey questions. Using Canvs Surveys, CBS can measure the efficacy of ads and benchmark future programs' successes.
News categories: Canvs, CBS, Jared Feldman, Radha Subramanyam, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
CBS renews audience measurement with Nielsen
Jan 12, 2019 – CBS (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) and Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) have announced an agreement for Nielsen national, digital and local audience measurement. The renewal encompasses a range of services.
News categories: Nielsen, CBS Corp, David Kenny, Joe Ianniello, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
CBS And Nielsen collaborate on dynamic ad insertion in live broadcasts
May 14, 2018 – CBS and Nielsen have announced that they are working on a collaboration that will deliver Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI) in live linear national broadcast television, helping to actualize and progress addressable advertising.
News categories: CBS, Nielsen, Jo Ann Ross, Peter Bradbury, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
CBS All Access launches in Canada
Apr 23, 2018 – CBS All Access, CBS’ direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand service, has launched in Canada, marking its first expansion into an international market.
News categories: CBS Interactive, CBS All Access, Marc DeBevoise, Canada, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming
CBS launches 24/7 direct-to-consumer streaming network for sports
Feb 26, 2018 – CBS has launched CBS SPORTS HQ, a 24-hour streaming sports news network offering news, highlights and analysis, easily accessible for free on connected devices. The new digital network is a collaboration between CBS Sports and CBS Interactive.
News categories: CBS Corp, CBS Interactive, CBS Sports, Leslie Moonves, Jim Lanzone, Sean McManus, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Piracy-enabling STB supplier closed down in Australia
Nov 28, 2017 – Following a joint investigation in Australia by the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) and CASBAA's Coalition Against Piracy (CAP) into a large supplier of IPTV set-top boxes, pre-loaded to play pirated movies, television shows, sports programming, and other content has had these operations closed down in Australia.
News categories: CASBAA, Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Neil Gane, Zoe Thorogood, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
fuboTV passes 100k subscribers
Oct 10, 2017 – fuboTV has passed the 100,000 subscriber milestone. Originally launching in January 2015 as a streaming soccer destination, fuboTV has built a new over-the-top (OTT) live service that offers fans the most sports for the least money.
News categories: fuboTV, David Gandler, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
CBS to use Nielsen out-of-home measurement
Sep 21, 2017 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced that CBS (NYSE: CBS.A; CBS) has subscribed to Nielsen's National Out-of-Home Reporting Service. The agreement provides CBS with ratings for all programming and commercial content that aired on the Network for live plus seven days of time-shifted viewing.
News categories: Nielsen, CBS Corp, Peter Bradbury, David F. Poltrack, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
CBS to acquire Network Ten in Australia
Aug 28, 2017 – CBS (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) has agreed to acquire Network Ten, one of three major commercial broadcast networks in Australia. Using Network Ten’s linear and digital assets, CBS will launch CBS All Access in the Australian market.
News categories: CBS Corp, Network Ten, Leslie Moonves, Armando Nuñez, Australia, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers