Digital TV News: CRTC
Canada's CRTC releases Communications Monitoring Report
Nov 8, 2017 – Canadians are increasingly turning to platforms and devices connected to the Internet for their video and audio content, according to the CRTC. Canadians aged 18-34 years old are leading the trend with 23% watching TV exclusively online.
News categories: CRTC, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Distributel acquires Canadian IPTV provider Zazeen
Nov 2, 2017 – Distributel Communications has announced that it has received CRTC approval to acquire 100% of Zazeen. Distributel was Canada's first major independent ISP to offer television services, which are now available across Ontario and Quebec.
News categories: Distributel, Zazeen, Matt Stein, Sandro Henriques, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA
Rogers TV subscribers down 13,000 in 4Q 2016
Jan 26, 2017 – Rogers Communications has announced results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2016. Cable revenue increased marginally as internet revenue growth exceeded the decline in Television and Phone revenue.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Cable TV, Canada, Content Distribution, IPTV, Results, Smart Home, Subscribers
Canada pay TV industry announces STB efficiency agreement
Jan 17, 2017 – Canadian Pay TV service providers along with set-top box manufacturers have finalized a voluntary agreement committing themselves to improving the energy efficiency of set-top boxes.
News categories: CEEVA, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box
The CRTC wants Canadians to take back control of their TV services
Nov 21, 2016 – The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) has set out best practices for TV service providers to ensure Canadians are offered real choice regarding their services and have information about their options.
News categories: CRTC, Jean-Pierre Blais, Canada, Digital TV, Regulation
CRTC releases report on the broadcasting sector in Canada
Oct 25, 2016 – Canada's CRTC has released a report that shows how the viewing and listening habits of Canadians are transforming the broadcasting industry. Canadians are consuming more audio and video content on digital media and over devices connected to the Internet.
News categories: CRTC, Jean-Pierre Blais, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers
Pay TV subscriptions continue to decline in Canada
Jul 12, 2016 – The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) has released statistical and financial information on Canadian cable, IPTV and satellite companies for the year ending on August 31, 2015.
News categories: CRTC, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
TV packaging rules come into force in Canada
Mar 1, 2016 – Canadians can now subscribe to an affordable basic television package that costs no more than $25 per month. They will also have the option of supplementing this package with additional channels, either individually or in bundles of up to 10 channels.
News categories: CRTC, Jean Pierre Blais, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Regulation, Satellite
Canadians increasingly consuming video on mobile devices
Oct 29, 2015 – The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) has released the final part of the 2015 Communications Monitoring Report, which provides information on the state of the broadcasting industry in Canada.
News categories: CRTC, Jean-Pierre Blais, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership
- TCL passes TÜV Rheinland ETSI EN 303 645 test for IoT devices
- OFIVE TV partners with Amagi for distribution to FAST platforms
- Comscore provides audience measurement currency to Spectrum Reach
- Global Smart TV household ownership to exceed 50% by 2026
- Innovid quantifies CTV impact on advertising in the U.S.
- HbbTV releases Targeted Advertising specification for TV sets in STB markets
- TheViewPoint supports OTT monetization at Caracol TV
- Altice USA introduces Optimum and Suddenlink 4K streaming device
- ThinkAnalytics integrates Gracenote Personalized Imagery
- CNN+ streaming service to launch in Q1 2022
- Verimatrix CA chosen for digital TV switchover initiative in Nigeria