Digital TV News: Caffeine
21st Century Fox invests $100m in social broadcasting platform Caffeine
Sep 5, 2018 – 21st Century Fox (21CF) and Caffeine have announced that 21CF has led a round of funding for social broadcasting platform, Caffeine. 21CF has invested a combined $100 million in Caffeine and a newly formed venture called Caffeine Studios.
News categories: 21st Century Fox, Caffeine, Lachlan Murdoch, Ben Keighran, Digital TV, OTT, Social TV, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Entertainment plays second fiddle for Amazon Prime subscribers
Jul 25, 2018 – According to The Diffusion Group (TDG), 79% of Amazon Prime users cite free shipping as the primary reason they subscribe to the service. Only 11% cite Prime Video, with a collective 10% citing Prime Music, Photos, Reading, Twitch, or other benefits.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Michael Greeson, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Sigma Introduces Media Processor Optimized for Blu-ray Players
Jun 1, 2009 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) has announced that it has begun sampling its new SMP8642 media processor SoC, designed for mainstream Blu-ray players. Product demonstrations are available at this week's Computex 2009 Show, located in Taipei.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Blu-ray, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor
Sigma to Demonstrate State-of-the-Art Video Technology Solutions at CES 2009
Jan 6, 2009 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) has announced that it will demonstrate an extensive range of high definition consumer technology solutions powered by the company's SoC solutions at CES 2009 in Las Vegas.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Ken Lowe, CES2021, Semiconductor
Sigma Introduces Media Processor Optimized for Mainstream Blu-ray Players
Jan 6, 2009 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) has announced the availability of its new SMP8642 media processor SoC, designed for mainstream Blu-ray players. Product demonstrations are available at this week's CES 2009 Show.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Blu-ray, CES2021, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5