Digital TV News: Caffeine
21st Century Fox invests $100m in social broadcasting platform Caffeine
Sep 5, 2018 – 21st Century Fox (21CF) and Caffeine have announced that 21CF has led a round of funding for social broadcasting platform, Caffeine. 21CF has invested a combined $100 million in Caffeine and a newly formed venture called Caffeine Studios.
News categories: 21st Century Fox, Caffeine, Lachlan Murdoch, Ben Keighran, Digital TV, Social TV, Streaming, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Entertainment plays second fiddle for Amazon Prime subscribers
Jul 25, 2018 – According to The Diffusion Group (TDG), 79% of Amazon Prime users cite free shipping as the primary reason they subscribe to the service. Only 11% cite Prime Video, with a collective 10% citing Prime Music, Photos, Reading, Twitch, or other benefits.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Michael Greeson, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Sigma Introduces Media Processor Optimized for Blu-ray Players
Jun 1, 2009 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) has announced that it has begun sampling its new SMP8642 media processor SoC, designed for mainstream Blu-ray players. Product demonstrations are available at this week's Computex 2009 Show, located in Taipei.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Blu-ray, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor
Sigma to Demonstrate State-of-the-Art Video Technology Solutions at CES 2009
Jan 6, 2009 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) has announced that it will demonstrate an extensive range of high definition consumer technology solutions powered by the company's SoC solutions at CES 2009 in Las Vegas.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Ken Lowe, CES2022, Semiconductor
Sigma Introduces Media Processor Optimized for Mainstream Blu-ray Players
Jan 6, 2009 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) has announced the availability of its new SMP8642 media processor SoC, designed for mainstream Blu-ray players. Product demonstrations are available at this week's CES 2009 Show.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Blu-ray, CES2022, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying