Digital TV News: Calix
Broadband access market reaches record level in 2015
Mar 2, 2016 – According to Dell’Oro Group, the worldwide Broadband Access market, which includes Cable, DSL, and PON, reached a record level and exceeded $12B in 2015, driven by PON. Looking at 2016, Cable Modem is predicted to make a comeback.
News categories: Dell'Oro, Alam Tamboli, Cable Modem, CPE, Market Research, Worldwide
Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
May 16, 2013 – According to a survey from market research firm Infonetics, broadband data, IPTV, WiFi hotspot access, and VoIP are the main applications operator respondents are currently offering using a residential gateway.
News categories: Infonetics, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
Swedish Cable Operator Leverages Calix for Advanced Broadband Services
Mar 21, 2012 – Calix (NYSE: CALX) has announced that Swedish service provider Köpings Kabel-TV AB (Köpings Kabel) is leveraging the Calix Unified Access portfolio to deliver advanced broadband services to its subscribers.
News categories: Calix, Köpings Kabel, Cygate, Broadband, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Fibre, Sweden
Residential gateway survey shows strong support for IPTV
Apr 7, 2011 – Infonetics Research has conducted a survey of telcos in N. America, EMEA, and CALA. The resulting report captures the service providers' strategies for residential gateways, and their top picks for vendors, services, technologies, and features.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Smart Home
Calix Selected by Tbaytel for Microsoft Mediaroom Powered IPTV Services Launch
Mar 7, 2011 – Calix (NYSE:CALX) has announced that Tbaytel has selected the Calix B6 Ethernet Service Access Node (ESAN) for its launch of advanced Microsoft Mediaroom (NASDAQ: MSFT) powered IPTV services in Thunder Bay, Ontario.
News categories: Calix, Tbaytel, Microsoft, John Colvin, Don Campbell, Broadband, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Calix E7 Selected by Palmetto Rural Telephone Cooperative for Regional GPON Initiative
Dec 6, 2010 – Calix (NYSE:CALX) has announced that Palmetto Rural Telephone Cooperative (PRTC) of Walterboro, SC will use GPON technology to deliver advanced services including IPTV, broadband at speeds up to one gigabit per second (Gbps), and VoIP services.
News categories: Calix, Palmetto Rural Telephone Cooperative, John Colvin, Tony Stout, Content Distribution, Fibre, IPTV, USA
TSTT and Calix Team to Bring Advanced IPTV Services to Trinidad and Tobago
May 25, 2010 – Calix (NYSE:CALX) has announced that Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago (TSTT) is using Calix and partners to deliver Blink Entertainment, the twin island republic's most advanced IPTV service.
News categories: Calix, TSTT, Content Distribution, IPTV, Trinidad and Tobago
South Slope Communications Coop Moves Forward with Calix for Fiber Access Project
Apr 26, 2010 – Calix (NYSE: CALX) has announced that Iowa ILEC South Slope Cooperative Communications has selected the Calix Unified Access portfolio to deliver IPTV, symmetrical data services, and VoIP to its service area.
News categories: Calix, South Slope Coop, Content Distribution, Fibre, IPTV, USA
Northeast Louisiana Telephone Company moves forward with Calix Active Ethernet solutions
Apr 20, 2010 – Calix (NYSE: CALX) has announced that Northeast Louisiana Telephone Company has selected the Calix Unified Access portfolio to deliver IPTV services, data up to 1 Gbps, and VoIP services in Morehouse Parish, Louisiana.
News categories: Calix, Northeast Louisiana Telephone, Content Distribution, Fibre, IPTV, USA
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia