Digital TV News: Celcom
Telenor and Axiata enter discussions to merge Asian operations
May 6, 2019 – Telenor and Axiata Group are in discussions regarding a potential non-cash combination of their telecom and infrastructure assets in Asia, in which Telenor would take a majority stake. It is anticipated that Telenor will own 56.5% and Axiata will own 43.5%.
News categories: Telenor, Axiata, Gunn Wærsted, Sigve Brekke, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, MnA, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Thailand
ZEE5 available through Celcom in Malaysia using Apigate billing API
Mar 5, 2019 – ZEE5 has announced a partnership with Celcom in Malaysia. The partnership will provide Celcom customers with a secure and convenient payment mode, through Apigate's Direct Carrier Billing API, to subscribe to ZEE5's content bouquet.
News categories: ZEE5, Apigate, Celcom, Amit Goenka, Archana Anand, Zoran Vasiljev, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT
SPORTSFIX goes live with Celcom in Malaysia
Aug 1, 2017 – SPORTSFIX, a regional OTT live streaming sports platform, has launched its service in Malaysia in partnership with Celcom. SPORTSFIX delivers the local, regional and international live, VOD and news sports content to mobile devices.
News categories: SPORTSFIX, Celcom, Marcus Luer, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT
Packet One to offer High Speed Broadband services in Malaysia
Oct 13, 2011 – Telekom Malaysia (TM) and Packet One (P1) are joining forces to accelerate the delivery of High Speed Broadband services to Malaysians. The HSBB service will allow P1 to provide IPTV, VoD and other multimedia services in the future.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Packet One, Broadband, Content Distribution, IPTV, Malaysia
- Youfone Android TV service powered by 24i and Amino
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
- FOX News launches international D2C streaming service
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding