Digital TV News: Celcom
Telenor and Axiata enter discussions to merge Asian operations
May 6, 2019 – Telenor and Axiata Group are in discussions regarding a potential non-cash combination of their telecom and infrastructure assets in Asia, in which Telenor would take a majority stake. It is anticipated that Telenor will own 56.5% and Axiata will own 43.5%.
News categories: Telenor, Axiata, Gunn Wærsted, Sigve Brekke, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, MnA, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Thailand
ZEE5 available through Celcom in Malaysia using Apigate billing API
Mar 5, 2019 – ZEE5 has announced a partnership with Celcom in Malaysia. The partnership will provide Celcom customers with a secure and convenient payment mode, through Apigate's Direct Carrier Billing API, to subscribe to ZEE5's content bouquet.
News categories: ZEE5, Apigate, Celcom, Amit Goenka, Archana Anand, Zoran Vasiljev, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT
SPORTSFIX goes live with Celcom in Malaysia
Aug 1, 2017 – SPORTSFIX, a regional OTT live streaming sports platform, has launched its service in Malaysia in partnership with Celcom. SPORTSFIX delivers the local, regional and international live, VOD and news sports content to mobile devices.
News categories: SPORTSFIX, Celcom, Marcus Luer, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT
Packet One to offer High Speed Broadband services in Malaysia
Oct 13, 2011 – Telekom Malaysia (TM) and Packet One (P1) are joining forces to accelerate the delivery of High Speed Broadband services to Malaysians. The HSBB service will allow P1 to provide IPTV, VoD and other multimedia services in the future.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Packet One, Broadband, Content Distribution, IPTV, Malaysia
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months