Digital TV News: Cellcom
Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
Feb 2, 2023 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) and Broadpeak have announced that they have joined forces to provide Cellcom with an end-to-end solution offering super-low latency for live sports streaming over OTT set-top boxes.
News categories: Broadpeak, Viaccess-Orca, Cellcom, Jacques Le Mancq, Philippe Léonetti, Gil Hershberg, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Media Player, Set Top Box, Streaming
Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
Feb 1, 2023 – Cellcom used low latency streaming technology from Synamedia to enhance its FIFA World Cup viewing experience. Cellcom streamed matches in full HD with broadcast-equivalent latency to Android TV STBs using LL-DASH.
News categories: Synamedia, Cellcom, Elke Hungenaert, Gil Hershberg, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
Vubiquity to provide personalized content for Cellcom TV
Nov 8, 2022 – Amdocs (NASDAQ: DOX) has been selected by Cellcom to bring digital content to Cellcom TV viewers through its Vubiquity platform. Vubiquity will provide content acquisition, curation, marketing and content management services.
News categories: Amdocs, Cellcom, Anthony Goonetilleke, Dafna Agassi Bar, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel, UX
Cellcom and Novelsat plan 5G video pilot in Israel
Feb 21, 2022 – Cellcom and NOVELSAT are to collaborate on a pilot of real-time video content distribution on 5G network infrastructure. As part of the pilot, video content from the CellcomTV service will be distributed in real time to 5G base stations by NOVELSAT's solution.
News categories: NOVELSAT, Cellcom, Gary Drutin, Yaniv Koriat, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
Broadpeak powers multiscreen video delivery for Cellcom TV
Mar 9, 2021 – Broadpeak has announced that Cellcom has upgraded its Cellcom TV service with a multiscreen video delivery architecture powered by Broadpeak's nanoCDN multicast ABR and analytics solutions.
News categories: Broadpeak, Cellcom, Jacques Le Mancq, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
Sep 29, 2020 – Kaltura has been selected by Cellcom Israel to power Cellcom TV, the largest OTT TV service in Israel, with over 250,000 subscribing households. The service will be fully cloud-based and hosted on Amazon Web Services.
News categories: Kaltura, Cellcom, Nuno Sanches, Atara Litvak Shacham, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
Cellcom Israel signs Netflix distribution agreement
May 12, 2019 – Cellcom Israel (NYSE: CEL) (TASE: CEL) has announced an agreement with Netflix for the distribution of Netflix's services in Israel, including through direct access to the Netflix services from the Cellcom tv platform.
News categories: Cellcom, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
Cellcom Israel announces 200,000 Cellcom TV households
Jul 18, 2018 – Cellcom Israel (NYSE: CEL) (TASE: CEL) has announced approximately 200,000 households have joined its Cellcom tv services. Cellcom entered the market with its Cellcom tv OTT offering in December 2014.
News categories: Cellcom, Nir Sztern, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming, Subscribers
150,000 TV subscribers for Cellcom Israel
Sep 4, 2017 – Cellcom Israel (NYSE: CEL) (TASE: CEL) has announced that in less than three years around 150,000 households have joined its Cellcom tv services, representing approximately 10% of the TV households in Israel.
News categories: Cellcom, Nir Sztern, Digital TV, Israel, Mobile, Subscribers
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution