Digital TV News: Cheddar
Tivo adds content partners to Tivo+
Jan 7, 2020 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced a collection of new content partners for its video network, TiVo+. Available exclusively to TiVo customers, TiVo+ delivers free live streaming channels and thousands of movies and TV shows to viewers in an app-free environment.
News categories: TiVo, Dave Shull, CES2020, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Xandr adds Clypd to its portfolio of products and services
Oct 18, 2019 – Xandr has added clypd to its portfolio of products and services. As part of the Xandr family, clypd will accelerate converged buying and selling across addressable TV, data-driven linear TV, mobile, and OTT channels on streaming video services.
News categories: Xandr, clypd, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, USA
Community, Xandr's ad marketplace, welcomes three new brands
Jul 23, 2019 – Community, powered by Xandr, is a marketplace of publishers that enables advertisers to reach their audiences at scale. Media brands A+E Networks, AMC Networks, and Cheddar have now been aded to the list of partners.
News categories: Xandr, Cheddar, AMC Networks, A+E Networks, Brian Lesser, Jon Steinberg, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Philo brings streaming TV to WOW! broadband customers
May 14, 2019 – Philo has announced an agreement with WOW!, a provider of internet, data, voice, cloud and cable TV in the Midwest and Southeast. Philo's service, at $20 per month, will be available to all of WOW!’s broadband customers beginning mid-year.
News categories: Philo, WOW!, Andrew McCollum, Roger Seiken, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Altice USA video RGUs down 10k in 1Q 2019; Introduces Altice One 3.0
May 2, 2019 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has reported results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2019. The company lost 10k video RGUs in the quarter. A major update to Altice One was introduced in April 2019 with the launch of the Operating System 3.0.
News categories: Altice USA, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
Altice USA to acquire Cheddar
Apr 30, 2019 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has announced that it has reached an agreement to acquire Cheddar, the digital-first news company, for $200 million. The transaction is expected to close in the next two months upon receipt of regulatory approval.
News categories: Altice USA, Cheddar, Dexter Goei, Jon Steinberg, Advertising, Digital TV, MnA, USA
Comcast launches streaming platform for Xfinity Internet customers
Mar 21, 2019 – Comcast has announced the launch of Xfinity Flex. Available to Xfinity Internet customers, the service consists of a 4K HDR streaming TV device with voice remote, packaged with Comcast’s home WiFi, mobile, security, and automation services.
News categories: Comcast, Matt Strauss, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Spectrum to offer 'Essentials' OTT TV service to its internet customers
Feb 20, 2019 – Charter Communications has announced that it will launch Spectrum TV Essentials, an OTT video service, to be made available exclusively in Charter’s footprint to Spectrum Internet customers who don’t already subscribe to Spectrum video services.
News categories: Charter Communications, Tom Rutledge, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
Jan 16, 2019 – Sinclair Broadcast (NASDAQ: SBGI) has announced the launch of STIRR, a free, ad-supported streaming service that includes access to popular channels, a VoD library and a local channel featuring programming based on a user's location.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, STIRR, Christopher Ripley, Adam Ware, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues