Digital TV News: China Network Systems
OTT driving Taiwan multichannel video
Jun 19, 2017 – A study by regional pay-TV industry group CASBAA shows that overall access to multi-channel video services of all kinds in Taiwan is being bolstered by a mobile video market now accounting for 92% of all individuals.
News categories: CASBAA, John Medeiros, Christopher Slaughter, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, Streaming, Taiwan
Taiwan's CNS selects ARRIS set-tops with DOCSIS
Mar 23, 2017 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that China Network Systems (CNS) has selected ARRIS HMC4100 set-tops, with the ARRIS KreaTV application platform, to further enhance its digital video services.
News categories: ARRIS International, China Network Systems, Eduardo Fichmann, Henry Chang, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Taiwan's CNS goes with ARRIS for set-tops and middleware
Mar 20, 2014 – China Network System (CNS) has announced its adoption of high-definition set-tops (HMC3000) and a middleware platform (KreaTV) from ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to streamline its transition to digital video.
News categories: ARRIS Group, China Network System, Terry Lee, Tim Gropp, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Nagravision Selected By Taiwan's HYA For Digital Cable TV
Oct 18, 2010 – Nagravision (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it was selected to secure the roll-out of advanced digital services for Hsin Yeong An Cable TV (HYA), the largest independent cable television operator in Taiwan with more than 200,000 subscriber households.
News categories: Nagravision, Hsin Yeong An, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Taiwan
CNS Taiwan Selects Harmonic for Major H.264 Digital Cable Headend Upgrade
Jun 15, 2009 – Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that China Network Systems (CNS) has selected Harmonic's digital video solutions for an MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) network upgrade that enables CNS to expand its HD and SD digital service.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, Cable TV, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Taiwan
China Network Systems (CNS) introduces newest Nagravision conditional access
Mar 3, 2009 – Nagravision (SWX:KUD) has been selected by China Network Systems (CNS) to protect the content rights and revenues of its new premium and high definition services and will start deploying Nagravision's new generation smartcard in mid-2009.
News categories: Nagravision, China Network Systems, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Taiwan
Kudelski 2008 Results and New Client Wins
Feb 27, 2009 – The Kudelski Group (SWX:KUD.VX) has announced its 2008 annual results. Digital TV progressed well in the second half, generating a 46.1% net revenue growth compared to the first half. For the full year Digital TV achieved a 15.3% growth rate.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, CAM, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Mexico, Middleware, Mobile, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Taiwan, Terrestrial
Digital Innovative Service Industry Alliance created in Taiwan
Nov 6, 2008 – Five cable operators and two set-top box (STB) manufacturers have set up the Digital Innovative Service Industry Alliance (DISIA) to create an operating environment for broadband digital multimedia entertainment services in Taiwan.
News categories: Zinwell, PESI, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Taiwan - QUALCOMM, China Network Systems and TTV Plan MediaFLO Trial
Mar 5, 2007 – QUALCOMM and China Network Systems (CNS), together with Taiwan Television Enterprise Ltd. (TTV), today announced that the companies have signed an agreement to conduct a technical trial of QUALCOMM’s MediaFLO(TM) technology in Taipei. More …
News categories: Digital TV, Mobile, Smart TV, Taiwan
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying