Digital TV News: China Network Systems
OTT driving Taiwan multichannel video
Jun 19, 2017 – A study by regional pay-TV industry group CASBAA shows that overall access to multi-channel video services of all kinds in Taiwan is being bolstered by a mobile video market now accounting for 92% of all individuals.
News categories: CASBAA, John Medeiros, Christopher Slaughter, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Taiwan
Taiwan's CNS selects ARRIS set-tops with DOCSIS
Mar 23, 2017 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that China Network Systems (CNS) has selected ARRIS HMC4100 set-tops, with the ARRIS KreaTV application platform, to further enhance its digital video services.
News categories: ARRIS International, China Network Systems, Eduardo Fichmann, Henry Chang, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Taiwan's CNS goes with ARRIS for set-tops and middleware
Mar 20, 2014 – China Network System (CNS) has announced its adoption of high-definition set-tops (HMC3000) and a middleware platform (KreaTV) from ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to streamline its transition to digital video.
News categories: ARRIS Group, China Network System, Terry Lee, Tim Gropp, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Nagravision Selected By Taiwan's HYA For Digital Cable TV
Oct 18, 2010 – Nagravision (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it was selected to secure the roll-out of advanced digital services for Hsin Yeong An Cable TV (HYA), the largest independent cable television operator in Taiwan with more than 200,000 subscriber households.
News categories: Nagravision, Hsin Yeong An, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Taiwan
CNS Taiwan Selects Harmonic for Major H.264 Digital Cable Headend Upgrade
Jun 15, 2009 – Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that China Network Systems (CNS) has selected Harmonic's digital video solutions for an MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) network upgrade that enables CNS to expand its HD and SD digital service.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, Cable TV, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Taiwan
China Network Systems (CNS) introduces newest Nagravision conditional access
Mar 3, 2009 – Nagravision (SWX:KUD) has been selected by China Network Systems (CNS) to protect the content rights and revenues of its new premium and high definition services and will start deploying Nagravision's new generation smartcard in mid-2009.
News categories: Nagravision, China Network Systems, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Taiwan
Kudelski 2008 Results and New Client Wins
Feb 27, 2009 – The Kudelski Group (SWX:KUD.VX) has announced its 2008 annual results. Digital TV progressed well in the second half, generating a 46.1% net revenue growth compared to the first half. For the full year Digital TV achieved a 15.3% growth rate.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, CAM, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Mexico, Middleware, Mobile, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Taiwan, Terrestrial
Digital Innovative Service Industry Alliance created in Taiwan
Nov 6, 2008 – Five cable operators and two set-top box (STB) manufacturers have set up the Digital Innovative Service Industry Alliance (DISIA) to create an operating environment for broadband digital multimedia entertainment services in Taiwan.
News categories: Zinwell, PESI, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Taiwan - QUALCOMM, China Network Systems and TTV Plan MediaFLO Trial
Mar 5, 2007 – QUALCOMM and China Network Systems (CNS), together with Taiwan Television Enterprise Ltd. (TTV), today announced that the companies have signed an agreement to conduct a technical trial of QUALCOMM’s MediaFLO(TM) technology in Taipei. More …
News categories: Digital TV, Mobile, Smart TV, Taiwan
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering
- Alphonso re-launches as LG Ads
- AirConsole cloud gaming for all Xiaomi Android TV devices
- LG webOS TV platform includes QuickSet from UEI
- U.S. DTH service Orby TV closes down
- Saankhya Labs receives FCC certification for broadcast-to-mobile solution
- MediaKind integrates Dolby Vision HDR technology
- Korean and US content power online video consumption in SE Asia
- MobiTV enters voluntary Chapter 11
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E