Digital TV News: Deutsche TV-Plattform
Share of Smart TV sales in Germany ticks up to 96%
Sep 1, 2022 – According to Gfk data published by Deutsche TV-Plattform, 2.7 million televisions were sold in Germany to the end of July 2022. Smart TVs accounted for 96% of the total, up two percentage points on the previous year.
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Smart TV
Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
Oct 14, 2021 – According to GfK SE, a total of around 4 million TV sets were sold in Germany in the first three quarters of 2021. Of these, around 3.7 million were smart TVs that enable the use of apps or media libraries via HbbTV or the internet.
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, ZVEI, GfK, Carine Chardon, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Smart TV
75% of TVs sold in Germany in Q1 were UHD capable
Apr 20, 2021 – According to GfK, a total of around 1.45 million TV sets were sold in Germany in the first quarter of 2021. Of these, 1.1 million were UHD TVs, which corresponds to a UHD share of 75% (Q1 2020: 70%).
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, Carine Chardon, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Smart TV
Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
Jan 25, 2021 – According to GfK, 6.6 million Smart TVs were sold in Germany in 2020, up 20% on 2019. The share of smart TV sets that enable the use of apps or catch-up TV via HbbTV and the internet continued to rise.
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, GfK, Carine Chardon, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Smart TV
Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
Oct 22, 2020 – Around 4.1 million smart TV sets were sold in Germany in the first nine months of 2020 according to GfK Retail & Technology - almost 14 percent more than in the previous year (Q1-Q3 2019: 3.6 million).
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, GfK, Carine Chardon, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
Oct 21, 2020 – Deutsche TV-Plattform is launching an initiative to prepare a market launch of the new version of the CI Plus Interface - CI+ 2.0. CI Plus modules will be based on USB from version 2.0 onwards.
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, Carine Chardon, CAM, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Worldwide
Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
Dec 5, 2019 – Fincons Group has joined Deutsche TV-Plattform, the German non-profit association whose purpose, since its foundation in 1990, is to introduce, disseminate and further develop digital Television in Germany.
News categories: Fincons Group, Deutsche TV-Plattform, Michele Moretti, Andre Prahl, Germany, HbbTV
WDR and Fraunhofer HHI show VVC/H.266 at IFA 2019
Sep 3, 2019 – WDR and the Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute HHI are collaborating to test the Video Coding possibilities offered by the next international standard VVC/H.266. The pair will show initial results at IFA 2019.
News categories: Fraunhofer, WDR, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IFABerlin
Deutsche TV-Plattform publishes requirements for HbbTV 2 terminals in Germany
Mar 27, 2019 – Deutsche TV-Plattform has published minimum requirements for HbbTV 2 terminals for the German market. The specification defines the required technical profile for a range of new services planned by TV channels in Germany starting in the second half of 2019.
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars