Digital TV News: DigiCAP
PMVG, DigiCAP and WCTE launch ATSC 3.0 transmission testbed
Aug 24, 2023 – A collaboration between PMVG, RAPA and WCTE has resulted in the successful launch of an ATSC 3.0 testbed, broadcasting on W35DZ-D at WCTE's Monterey, Tenn. transmitter site.
News categories: PMVG, DigiCAP, WCTE, RAPA, Marc Hand, Joonyoung Park, Craig Lefevre, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Harmonic and DigiCAP optimize ATSC 3.0 bit rates
Jul 11, 2023 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and DigiCAP (KOSDAQ: 197140) have announced a solution for broadcasters that combines statistical multiplexing technology with an ATSC 3.0 headend.
News categories: Harmonic, DigiCAP, Jing Zhou, Sang Jin Yoon, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
DigiCAP introduces low-cost broadcast translator for ATSC 3.0
Apr 10, 2023 – DigiCAP has adapted its rebroadcasting technology to create an ATSC3.0 translator to help extend the range of ATSC 1.0 and 3.0 television signals into rural areas.
News categories: DigiCAP, Heartland Video Systems, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
DigiCAP and iWedia create ATSC 3.0-hybrid HDMI dongle
Oct 13, 2022 – DigiCAP and iWedia have collaborated to create the first ATSC 3.0-Hybrid HDMI dongle of its kind. The solution, named AirCaster, enables an integrated user experience between NEXTGEN TV and OTT.
News categories: iWedia, DigiCAP, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Pete Han, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
DigiCAP, LG and Pearl TV trial in-car handoff between ATSC 3.0 TV stations
Mar 14, 2022 – In a test car, LG installed a system to receive and display ATSC 3.0 signals on a rear-seat entertainment TV. As the car traveled from the signal coverage of one TV station to the next, the NRT handoff technology succeeded in keeping a steady TV signal on the receiver device.
News categories: DigiCAP, LG Electronics, Pearl TV, Yeongho Je, Anne Schell, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, USA
CAST.ERA plans 5G-ATSC 3.0 launches in the U.S. and Korea
Apr 30, 2021 – CAST.ERA palns to introduce 5G-ATSC 3.0 technology to the U.S. and Korea by the end of this year. The technology will enable the broadcasting of UHD video with low-to-zero latency to TVs and mobile devices.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Yoon Kim, Del Parks, Kevin Gage, 5G, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Korea, USA
NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance creates three working groups
Dec 17, 2020 – The NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance, a coalition driving the definition and realization of ATSC 3.0 technology, has announced the addition of four new members and the formation of three new specialized working groups.
News categories: NVISA, Edward Czarnecki, Sang Jin Yoon, Tim Bischoff, Mike Snyder, Fred Engel, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Korea, USA
Comark appointed as DigiCAP reseller for ATSC 3.0 solutions
Jul 31, 2019 – DigiCAP has appointed COMARK as an authorized reseller and service provider of the DigiCAP hardware and software product line. COMARK will be focusing on the North American broadcast DTV market for ATSC 3.0 solutions.
News categories: COMARK, DigiCAP, Tim Hosmer, Sang Jin Yoon, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gateway, North America
DigiCAP to deploy home gateways for ONEMedia's NextGen broadcast system in Dallas
Sep 21, 2018 – DigiCAP and ONEMedia have agreed to deploy a significant number of SmartXess home gateways for ONEMedia's NextGen broadcast system in Dallas. The project's goal is to build a fully functional NextGen system, including SFN booster transmitters and NextGen content and functionality.
News categories: ONE Media, DigiCAP, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024