Digital TV News: Digiturk
Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
Feb 1, 2023 – Digiturk has strengthened its partnership with Irdeto, expanding the portfolio of Irdeto products and services currently used by deploying Irdeto’s integrated 360 Video Security Services to protect its premium content.
News categories: Irdeto, Digiturk, Richard Frankland, Hatice Memiguven, Content Protection, Digital TV, Turkey
EUTELSAT 7C enters into commercial service
Jan 28, 2020 – EUTELSAT 7C has entered full commercial service. Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) teams have migrated a number of services from EUTELSAT 7A to EUTELSAT 7C, including Digiturk and TRT for Turkey, and Globecast for coverage across Europe and the Middle East.
News categories: Eutelsat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite, Turkey
Digiturk selects Unified Streaming to consolidate video delivery
Jan 24, 2019 – Digiturk has chosen Unified Streaming to support its newly consolidated video-streaming environment. Features will include support of a multi-CDN and multi-DRM strategy and the integration of an efficient, user-friendly nPVR.
News categories: Unified Streaming, Digiturk, Simon Westbroek, Hatice Memigüven, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, Turkey
Pay TV competition biting in the MENA region
Jan 15, 2018 – Pay TV revenues in the Middle East and North Africa will reach $3.62 billion in 2023 – up by only 7.8% on 2017. Pay TV revenues will fall in 2018. They will be flat in 2019 before starting a slow recovery.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East
Eutelsat renews long-term video capacity agreement with Digiturk
Jul 27, 2017 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and Digiturk have concluded a multi-year multi-transponder agreement on the EUTELSAT 7A satellite, extending a collaboration that began in 2000 with the launch of Turkey’s first pay-TV platform.
News categories: Eutelsat, Digiturk, Rodolphe Belmer, Yousef Al-Obaidly, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Turkey
MENA pay TV revenue forecasts downgraded
Feb 6, 2017 – Pay TV revenues for the 20 countries in the Middle East and North Africa will reach $4 billion in 2021 – down from $5 billion in Digital TV Research's previous forecast. Turkey, Israel, the UAE and Saudi Arabia will account for 90% of the shortfall.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Streaming, Terrestrial
Nine operators dominate MEA pay TV
Aug 1, 2016 – According to Digital TV Research, pay TV subscriptions in the Middle East & Africa region will increase by 67% between 2015 and 2021 – from 32.37 million to 54.09 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Telcos snapping at heels of established pay TV operators
Sep 17, 2015 – According to Futuresource Consulting, following a number of false starts in Western Europe, IPTV homes are now a viable platform, hitting 27 million in 2014, 15% of all TV households, with growth of 30% expected between now and 2019.
News categories: Futuresource, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Pan-African pay TV platforms set to boom
Sep 16, 2015 – Pan-African pay TV platforms are set to boom, according to Digital TV Research. Pay DTT platform GOtv will gain 5.84 million subs between 2014 and 2020 to reach 7.50 million – more than quadruple its 2014 total.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Poland, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Turkey
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024