Digital TV News: Digiturk
EUTELSAT 7C enters into commercial service
Jan 28, 2020 – EUTELSAT 7C has entered full commercial service. Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) teams have migrated a number of services from EUTELSAT 7A to EUTELSAT 7C, including Digiturk and TRT for Turkey, and Globecast for coverage across Europe and the Middle East.
News categories: Eutelsat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite, Turkey
Digiturk selects Unified Streaming to consolidate video delivery
Jan 24, 2019 – Digiturk has chosen Unified Streaming to support its newly consolidated video-streaming environment. Features will include support of a multi-CDN and multi-DRM strategy and the integration of an efficient, user-friendly nPVR.
News categories: Unified Streaming, Digiturk, Simon Westbroek, Hatice Memigüven, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, Turkey
Pay TV competition biting in the MENA region
Jan 15, 2018 – Pay TV revenues in the Middle East and North Africa will reach $3.62 billion in 2023 – up by only 7.8% on 2017. Pay TV revenues will fall in 2018. They will be flat in 2019 before starting a slow recovery.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East
Eutelsat renews long-term video capacity agreement with Digiturk
Jul 27, 2017 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and Digiturk have concluded a multi-year multi-transponder agreement on the EUTELSAT 7A satellite, extending a collaboration that began in 2000 with the launch of Turkey’s first pay-TV platform.
News categories: Eutelsat, Digiturk, Rodolphe Belmer, Yousef Al-Obaidly, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Turkey
MENA pay TV revenue forecasts downgraded
Feb 6, 2017 – Pay TV revenues for the 20 countries in the Middle East and North Africa will reach $4 billion in 2021 – down from $5 billion in Digital TV Research's previous forecast. Turkey, Israel, the UAE and Saudi Arabia will account for 90% of the shortfall.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Streaming, Terrestrial
Nine operators dominate MEA pay TV
Aug 1, 2016 – According to Digital TV Research, pay TV subscriptions in the Middle East & Africa region will increase by 67% between 2015 and 2021 – from 32.37 million to 54.09 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Telcos snapping at heels of established pay TV operators
Sep 17, 2015 – According to Futuresource Consulting, following a number of false starts in Western Europe, IPTV homes are now a viable platform, hitting 27 million in 2014, 15% of all TV households, with growth of 30% expected between now and 2019.
News categories: Futuresource, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Pan-African pay TV platforms set to boom
Sep 16, 2015 – Pan-African pay TV platforms are set to boom, according to Digital TV Research. Pay DTT platform GOtv will gain 5.84 million subs between 2014 and 2020 to reach 7.50 million – more than quadruple its 2014 total.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Poland, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Turkey
AirTies and Octoshape selected by Digiturk for international OTT service
Jul 28, 2014 – AirTies and Octoshape have announced that Digiturk has selected their joint solution to deliver premium programming over-the-top (OTT) to its international customers.
News categories: AirTies, Octoshape, Digiturk, Hatice Memigüven, Bulend Celebi, Michael Koehn Milland, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, Turkey, Worldwide
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks