Digital TV News: Discovery, Inc.
Warner Bros. Discovery adds 2.8 million DTC subscribers in 3Q 2022
Nov 3, 2022 – Warner Bros. Discovery (Nasdaq: WBD) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2022. Total DTC subscribers were 94.9 million, an increase of 2.8 million global subscribers since the end of Q2. Global DTC ARPU was $7.52.
News categories: Warner Bros. Discovery, Digital TV, North America, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Discovery ends 2021 with 22 million DTC subscribers
Feb 24, 2022 – Discovery, Inc. (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has reported results for the period ended December 31, 2021. The company ended 2021 with 22 million direct-to-consumer subscribers, up 2 million since the end of Q3.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Digital TV, MandA, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
AMC, Discovery, TelevisaUnivision, WarnerMedia go with Canoe for addressable TV advertising
Feb 23, 2022 – AMC Networks, Discovery, TelevisaUnivision and WarnerMedia have each teamed up with Canoe Ventures for addressable TV advertising. Canoe will provide enablement and campaign assurance across its national addressable TV advertising footprint.
News categories: Canoe Ventures, AMC Networks, Discovery, Inc, TelevisaUnivision, WarnerMedia, Joel Hassell, Evan Adlman, Steve Silvestri, Seema Patel, JP Colaco, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Discovery and OMG plan audience measurement trials
Feb 23, 2022 – Discovery and OMG have announced a data trial pilot, aiming to validate that burgeoning measurement services provide stable and accurate audience estimates. Comscore and VideoAmp will serve as the video measurement services for the initial set of advertisers.
News categories: Discovery, Inc., Omnicom Media Group, Comscore, VideoAmp, Jon Steinlauf, Geoff Calabrese, Carol Hinnant, Michael Parkes, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
'Ad-Lite' discovery+ option to launch in the UK and Ireland
Feb 15, 2022 – Discovery UK is to introduce an 'Ad-Lite' offering for discovery+ customers in the UK and Ireland, the first launch by a global SVOD service of such an offering in the UK. Further rollouts across the EMEA region are expected this year.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Discovery UK, James Gibbons, Katie Coteman, Digital TV, Ireland, Streaming, UK
BT Group and Discovery negotiating sports joint venture
Feb 3, 2022 – BT Group has entered exclusive discussions with Discovery, Inc. on a deal to create a new sport and entertainment offering for customers in the UK. The new business would be a 50/50 joint venture, bringing together BT Sport and Eurosport UK.
News categories: BT Group, Discovery, Inc, Marc Allera, Digital TV, UK
AT&T to spin off interest in WarnerMedia to its shareholders
Feb 1, 2022 – AT&T (NYSE: T) will spin off its interest in WarnerMedia to AT&T's existing shareholders. The transaction, followed by the merger of WarnerMedia with Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK), is expected to close in 2Q 2022.
News categories: AT&T, WarnerMedia, Discovery, Inc, John Stankey, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
Jan 20, 2022 – Discovery and LG have announced that discovery+ is now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada, including LG's line-up of LG OLED TVs and LG QNED MiniLED TVs. discovery+ is accessible on the LG webOS platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, Discovery, Inc, Matthew Durgin, Gabriel Sauerhoff, Canada, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming
Discovery makes investment in OpenAP
Jan 10, 2022 – OpenAP and Discovery, Inc. (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) have announced that Discovery will become a minority owner of OpenAP, the advanced advertising company bringing scale to audience-based campaigns in television.
News categories: Discovery, Inc., OpenAP, Jim Keller, David Levy, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars