Digital TV News: Discovery, Inc.
WarnerMedia, Discovery combination to be called 'Warner Bros. Discovery'
Jun 1, 2021 – Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced 'Warner Bros. Discovery' as the name for the proposed entertainment company that will emerge from the combination of WarnerMedia and Discovery assets.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, David Zaslav, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
WarnerMedia and Discovery combine entertainment assets in standalone company
May 17, 2021 – AT&T (NYSE:T) and Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) have agreed to combine WarnerMedia's entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses to create a standalone global entertainment company.
News categories: AT&T, Discovery, Inc, John Stankey, David Zaslav, Digital TV, MandA, OTT, USA, Worldwide
discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
Apr 8, 2021 – Discovery and Comcast have announced the launch of discovery+ on Xfinity Flex. Additionally, discovery+ will begin its rollout to X1 in the coming weeks, giving Xfinity TV customers access alongside their TV subscription.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Comcast, Gabriel Sauerhoff, Rebecca Heap, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
Feb 22, 2021 – Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has reported results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2020. discovery+ has now surpassed 11 million total paying direct-to-consumer subscribers globally.
News categories: Discovery, David Zaslav, Digital TV, OTT, Results, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
discovery+ launches in the U.S.
Jan 4, 2021 – discovery+ (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is now live in the U.S., with distribution agreements that will make the product one of the most widely available streaming services at launch.
News categories: Discovery, Inc., David Zaslav, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Gaming, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Discovery and Vodafone announce discovery+ streaming partnership
Jan 4, 2021 – Discovery and Vodafone have are to collaborate on making discovery+ available to Vodafone subscribers in 12 markets across Europe. The partnership covers both Vodafone's TV and mobile customers.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Vodafone, David Zaslav, Kasia Kieli, Ahmed Essam, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, OTT, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Turkey, UK
Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
Dec 2, 2020 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced the launch of discovery+, its non-fiction streaming service, debuting in the U.S. on January 4, 2021. The service will launch with a partnership with Verizon. Global rollout has already begun.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Verizon, David Zaslav, JB Perrette, Ronan Dunne, Digital TV, India, Ireland, OTT, UK, USA, Worldwide
Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
Sep 22, 2020 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced that it has acquired the assets of AdSparx, a start-up offering a cloud-based platform for server side in-stream dynamic ad insertion (DAI).
News categories: Discovery, AdSparx, Avi Saxena, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, India, MandA, OTT, USA
Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
Jul 30, 2020 – Discovery has announced that it will join the On Addressability initiative. The initiative enables Discovery to offer advertisers dynamic ad insertion to audiences across the Charter, Comcast and Cox cable TV footprints.
News categories: Discovery, Spectrum Reach, Comcast Advertising, Cox Media, Keith Kazerman, David Kline, Gina Mingioni, Louis Gump, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
- KKStream launches Streaming-as-a-Service solutions
- Astro set-top boxes to include Netflix
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
- Univision to launch unified global streaming service
- View TV Group selects CommScope advertising technology
- Amino Technologies becomes Aferian
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- ATEME doubles encoding performance with Intel processors