Digital TV News: Eagle Kingdom
Cable STBs dominated the global set-top box market in 2015
Nov 23, 2016 – According to the latest market research study released by Technavio, the global set-top-box market is expected to generate revenues close to $14 billion during the forecast period 2016-2020.
News categories: Technavio, Ujjwal P Doshi, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Worldwide
EKT integrates Qarva ultra-fast IP channel switching technology
Nov 16, 2016 – EKT and Qarva have announced a cooperation whereby EKT has integrated Qarva's Fast Channel Change technology into its solidTV software solution. Qarva’s accelerationn improves 'Zap Time' from 2-5 seconds to 0.2-0.5 seconds.
News categories: Qarva, EKT, George Mikeladze, Richard Smith, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ACCESS NetFront Browser BE chosen to power EKT STB middleware
Sep 5, 2016 – EKT and ACCESS have announced the start of cooperation whereby EKT will deploy ACCESS’ Chromium-based NetFront Browser BE as part of its solidTV software solution.
News categories: ACCESS Co, EKT, Dr Neale Foster, Richard Smith, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Telefónica chooses Eagle Kingdom for PlayBOX OTT STB
Sep 15, 2014 – Eagle Kingdom Technologies (EKT) has won the bidding from Telefónica Spain to supply the new PlayBOX OTT Set Top Box (STB). Based on the advanced IPTV/OTT STB solution from EKT, Telefónica will deploy its OTT experience worldwide.
News categories: Eagle Kingdom, Telefónica, Richard Smith, Digital TV, Latin America, Set Top Box, Streaming
Eagle Kingdom ports middleware to DTVKit platform
Jul 30, 2014 – DTVKit has announced that Eagle Kingdom Technologies (EKT) has ported its solidTV middleware on top of the DTVKit platform, and has joined DTVKit as a member.
News categories: DTVKit, Eagle Kingdom, Amy Cleary, Jill Mulder, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Entropic reports third quarter 2013 results
Oct 29, 2013 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2013. Entropic reported third quarter net revenues of $56.4 million. This compares to net revenues of $70.6 million in the second quarter of 2013, and $89.8 million in the third quarter of 2012.
News categories: Entropic, LNB, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
httv partners with EKT to deploy satellite set top boxes
Sep 16, 2013 – httv has announced the integration of httvLink, its open-middleware solution, with EKT's DSR6201 PVR and DSD601 zapper DVB-S2 set top boxes. It will provide the full power of HbbTV as well as HTML5 for satellite markets.
News categories: httv, Eagle Kingdom, Jean-Christophe Jubin, Digital TV, DVB-S2, DVR, HbbTV, IBC2022, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Vewd For Automotive enables premium entertainment in Skywell electric SUV
- WarnerMedia adds 4.3 million HBO Max and HBO subscribers in 4Q 2021
- 5G-MAG joins forces with DVB on the future of TV over 5G
- LG Ads introduces suite of Guaranteed Outcome-based media offerings
- Breezeline selects Vecima and TiVo to support its expansion
- Bitcentral acquires Powr.tv
- Friend MTS extends content protection deal with Lega Serie A
- Cinedigm launches streaming channels on AR glasses with Nreal
- NextGen TV broadcasting begins in Green Bay, WI
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 69,000 in 4Q 2021
- TV shipments expected to reach 217 million units in 2022
- Vodafone Portugal launches hands-free entertainment and Smart Home hub with UEI
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market