Digital TV News: Entropic
Entropic STB SoCs complete Conax certification
Apr 30, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that it has completed the integration of the Conax conditional access core module into its advanced line of multimedia set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) products.
News categories: Entropic, Conax, Hans Kwaaitaal, Matt Rhodes, Content Protection, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Entropic announces IP-client SoC with HEVC and MoCA 2.0
Apr 29, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced the availability of its EN7305, a set-top box SoC for IP-client devices. The EN7305 integrates 1080p60 HEVC decoding, MoCA 2.0, broadcast security and 3D graphics acceleration.
News categories: Entropic, Matt Rhodes, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Entropic announces Digital Channel Stacking Switch (dCSS) ICs
Apr 21, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced its latest digital Channel Stacking Switch (dCSS) and Band Translation integrated circuit (IC) family, the EN5500-series.
News categories: Entropic, Matt Rhodes, ICs, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Entropic licenses OmniPhy DDR4/3 IP for STB ICs
Apr 14, 2014 – OmniPhy has announced that Entropic (Nasdaq: ENTR) has licensed the OmniPhy DDR4/3 solution to design low-power, high-performance system-on-a-chip (SoC) solutions for set-top box (STB) applications.
News categories: OmniPhy, Entropic, Vahid Manian, Dr. Claude Gauthier, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Eagle Kingdom selects Entropic SoC for hybrid powerplug set-top box
Mar 18, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced its System-on-a-Chip (SoC) solution is powering the world's first hybrid powerplug set-top box (STB), the DCP5205 from EKT (Eagle Kingdom Technologies).
News categories: Entropic, Eagle Kingdom, Richard Smith, Roger Gregory, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Entropic to showcase connected home silicon and software at TVConnect
Mar 13, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) will highlight its silicon and software solutions at TV Connect 2014. Entropic will show its first fully-integrated STB SoC family, which integrates HEVC decoding, MoCA 2.0 and full-band capture.
News categories: Entropic, Noel McKenna, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Entropic, MTI satellite Channel Stacking Switch deployed in the Middle East
Mar 10, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) and MTI have announced that a DBS operator in the Middle East has deployed MTI's 4x4, Quad SCR DBS ODU LNB product, based on Entropic's Channel Stacking Switch silicon.
News categories: Entropic, MTI, Eugene Wu, Al Servati, LNB, Middle-East, Satellite, Semiconductor
Opera brings Blink-based SDK to Entropic RDK implementations
Feb 10, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) and Opera Software have announced their RDK (Reference Design Kit) collaboration using the OpenEmbedded core technology and the Yocto Project Linux development environment.
News categories: Entropic, Opera Software, Roger Gregory, Aneesh Rajaram, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Entropic Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2013 Results
Feb 5, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has reported fourth quarter results. Net revenues for the year ended December 31, 2013 were $259.4 million, a decrease of 19% from the $321.7 million reported for the year ended December 31, 2012.
News categories: Entropic, Results, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028