Digital TV News: Entropic
Entropic STB SoCs complete Conax certification
Apr 30, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that it has completed the integration of the Conax conditional access core module into its advanced line of multimedia set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) products.
News categories: Entropic, Conax, Hans Kwaaitaal, Matt Rhodes, Content Protection, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Entropic announces IP-client SoC with HEVC and MoCA 2.0
Apr 29, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced the availability of its EN7305, a set-top box SoC for IP-client devices. The EN7305 integrates 1080p60 HEVC decoding, MoCA 2.0, broadcast security and 3D graphics acceleration.
News categories: Entropic, Matt Rhodes, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Entropic announces Digital Channel Stacking Switch (dCSS) ICs
Apr 21, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced its latest digital Channel Stacking Switch (dCSS) and Band Translation integrated circuit (IC) family, the EN5500-series.
News categories: Entropic, Matt Rhodes, ICs, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Entropic licenses OmniPhy DDR4/3 IP for STB ICs
Apr 14, 2014 – OmniPhy has announced that Entropic (Nasdaq: ENTR) has licensed the OmniPhy DDR4/3 solution to design low-power, high-performance system-on-a-chip (SoC) solutions for set-top box (STB) applications.
News categories: OmniPhy, Entropic, Vahid Manian, Dr. Claude Gauthier, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Eagle Kingdom selects Entropic SoC for hybrid powerplug set-top box
Mar 18, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced its System-on-a-Chip (SoC) solution is powering the world's first hybrid powerplug set-top box (STB), the DCP5205 from EKT (Eagle Kingdom Technologies).
News categories: Entropic, Eagle Kingdom, Richard Smith, Roger Gregory, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Entropic to showcase connected home silicon and software at TVConnect
Mar 13, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) will highlight its silicon and software solutions at TV Connect 2014. Entropic will show its first fully-integrated STB SoC family, which integrates HEVC decoding, MoCA 2.0 and full-band capture.
News categories: Entropic, Noel McKenna, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Entropic, MTI satellite Channel Stacking Switch deployed in the Middle East
Mar 10, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) and MTI have announced that a DBS operator in the Middle East has deployed MTI's 4x4, Quad SCR DBS ODU LNB product, based on Entropic's Channel Stacking Switch silicon.
News categories: Entropic, MTI, Eugene Wu, Al Servati, LNB, Middle-East, Satellite, Semiconductor
Opera brings Blink-based SDK to Entropic RDK implementations
Feb 10, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) and Opera Software have announced their RDK (Reference Design Kit) collaboration using the OpenEmbedded core technology and the Yocto Project Linux development environment.
News categories: Entropic, Opera Software, Roger Gregory, Aneesh Rajaram, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Entropic Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2013 Results
Feb 5, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has reported fourth quarter results. Net revenues for the year ended December 31, 2013 were $259.4 million, a decrease of 19% from the $321.7 million reported for the year ended December 31, 2012.
News categories: Entropic, Results, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
- BIA/Madhive report examines growth in US OTT ad spending
- Roku enabled for four-screen measurement in Nielsen Total Ad Ratings
- Online video advertising to generate three times more revenue than SVOD in 2027
- FreeWheel and Comscore launch Connected TV contextual targeting
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle