Digital TV News: Firstlight Media
U.S. OTT subscribers prefer unified bundles
Apr 21, 2022 – Parks Associates research reveals that 59% of OTT subscribers prefer one bill and one account for all their home subscription services, while 48% feel their home internet service provider adds more value when online video services subscriptions are offered.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, Streaming, USA
Sony's share of U.S. Smart TV purchases grew in 2021
Apr 20, 2022 – According to Parks Associates, out of the top five U.S. brands, Sony showed clear growth, compared to 2020, for smart TVs purchased or received in the previous six months, pushing the brand past Vizio and into the top three for purchases in Q3 2021.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, Smart TV, USA
Smart deploys Firstlight Media cloud native OTT platform
Apr 11, 2022 – Smart Communications has deployed Firstlight Media's cloud native OTT platform for its video experience in the Philippines. The solution offers the elasticity and scalability of the cloud with in-country service delivery.
News categories: Firstlight Media, Smart Communications, André Christensen, Alfredo S. Panlilio, Arvin L. Siena, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Philippines, Streaming
aha 2.0 streaming service launches globally with Firstlight Media
Nov 16, 2021 – The aha streaming service is using Firstlight Media's end-to-end cloud-native OTT platform as the technology foundation to power its next phases of growth in India and beyond, the two companies have announced.
News categories: Firstlight Media, aha, Andre Christensen, Allu Bobby, Ajit Thakur, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Streaming, Worldwide
Sportsnet, Firstlight Media and Deltatre relaunch SN NOW
Aug 5, 2021 – Sportsnet has partnered with Deltatre and Firstlight Media to relaunch sports streaming service, SN NOW, with next generation OTT features and a refreshed UI, on the Firstlight Media platform.
News categories: Firstlight Media, Deltatre, Sportsnet, Rogers Sports & Media, Microsoft, Andre Christensen, Alex Drosin, Bart Yabsley, Alfredo Tan, Kevin Peesker, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
Struum launches live preview on Firstlight Media OTT platform
May 26, 2021 – Firstlight Media's cloud-native platform is being used to support the simultaneous launch on Struum of the first wave of more than 50 content providers and the first implementation of a credits-based subscription model in the OTT industry.
News categories: Firstlight Media, Struum, Juan Martin, Eugene Liew, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
Jan 19, 2021 – Firstlight Media has partnered with Google Cloud to support its deployments of OTT video streaming services. Firstlight Media's microservices-based architecture takes full advantage of the capabilities of Google Cloud.
News categories: Firstlight Media, Google Cloud, Andre Christensen, Kip Schauer, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
Jan 14, 2021 – Firstlight Media and NPAW have partnered to enable video providers to optimize their CDN usage. With NPAW, Firstlight Media adds increased insight into available CDN options, as well as real-time switching between them.
News categories: Firstlight Media, NPAW, Paul Pastor, Mortiz Loew, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Firstlight Media, SSIMWAVE partner on video quality optimization
Jan 11, 2021 – Firstlight Media and SSIMWAVE have teamed up to enable OTT and pay-TV providers to implement SSIMWAVE's video quality system in conjunction with Firstlight Media's modular streaming platform.
News categories: Firstlight Media, SSIMWAVE, Andre Christensen, Dr. Abdul Rehman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, UX, Worldwide
- Vewd acquired by Xperi
- FIFA+ to launch on Hisense VIDAA TVs ahead of World Cup
- inext provides Android STB for Kyivstar in Ukraine
- iQIYI implements Unified ID 2.0 identity framework
- 58% of TV subscribers in Portugal are on fibre
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience