Digital TV News: Firstlight Media
aha 2.0 streaming service launches globally with Firstlight Media
Nov 16, 2021 – The aha streaming service is using Firstlight Media's end-to-end cloud-native OTT platform as the technology foundation to power its next phases of growth in India and beyond, the two companies have announced.
News categories: Firstlight Media, aha, Andre Christensen, Allu Bobby, Ajit Thakur, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Streaming, Worldwide
Sportsnet, Firstlight Media and Deltatre relaunch SN NOW
Aug 5, 2021 – Sportsnet has partnered with Deltatre and Firstlight Media to relaunch sports streaming service, SN NOW, with next generation OTT features and a refreshed UI, on the Firstlight Media platform.
News categories: Firstlight Media, Deltatre, Sportsnet, Rogers Sports & Media, Microsoft, Andre Christensen, Alex Drosin, Bart Yabsley, Alfredo Tan, Kevin Peesker, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
Struum launches live preview on Firstlight Media OTT platform
May 26, 2021 – Firstlight Media's cloud-native platform is being used to support the simultaneous launch on Struum of the first wave of more than 50 content providers and the first implementation of a credits-based subscription model in the OTT industry.
News categories: Firstlight Media, Struum, Juan Martin, Eugene Liew, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
Jan 19, 2021 – Firstlight Media has partnered with Google Cloud to support its deployments of OTT video streaming services. Firstlight Media's microservices-based architecture takes full advantage of the capabilities of Google Cloud.
News categories: Firstlight Media, Google Cloud, Andre Christensen, Kip Schauer, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
Jan 14, 2021 – Firstlight Media and NPAW have partnered to enable video providers to optimize their CDN usage. With NPAW, Firstlight Media adds increased insight into available CDN options, as well as real-time switching between them.
News categories: Firstlight Media, NPAW, Paul Pastor, Mortiz Loew, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Firstlight Media, SSIMWAVE partner on video quality optimization
Jan 11, 2021 – Firstlight Media and SSIMWAVE have teamed up to enable OTT and pay-TV providers to implement SSIMWAVE's video quality system in conjunction with Firstlight Media's modular streaming platform.
News categories: Firstlight Media, SSIMWAVE, Andre Christensen, Dr. Abdul Rehman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, UX, Worldwide
Firstlight Media OTT platform to power new streaming venture Struum
Jan 7, 2021 – Firstlight Media has announced that they are collaborating with new OTT service, Struum, to deploy their cloud-native streaming platform, using Firstlight's Gen 5 architecture.
News categories: Firstlight Media, Struum, Azure, Lauren DeVillier, Hanno Basse, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Firstlight Media and ThinkAnalytics partner on OTT personalization
Sep 8, 2020 – Firstlight Media and ThinkAnalytics are partnering to enable OTT and pay-TV providers to deploy cloud-native personalization capabilities that drive long-term subscriber value.
News categories: Firstlight Media, ThinkAnalytics, Andre Christensen, Juan Martin, Gabriel Berger, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2022, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Highview Capital and Firstlight to acquire Quickplay from AT&T
Mar 3, 2020 – Highview Capital has announced that it has partnered with Firstlight Media to acquire Quickplay from AT&T (NYSE: T). Firstlight will merge with Quickplay, a provider of managed solutions for distributing video content to IP-connected devices.
News categories: Firstlight, Highview Capital, André Christensen, Ryan McCarthy, Steve Russell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, Worldwide
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers
- Vewd adds SmarDTV CI Plus CAM to Operator TV ecosystem
- DTH subscribers down 970,000 in India in 3Q 2021
- Global consumer media usage growth slowed to 1.6% in 2021
- castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
- NBCUniversal and RTL AdConnect offer joint access to ad inventory
- ERT upgrades OTT platform with Telmaco and Insys VT
- QXC Communications launches MDU streaming service with NAGRA
- TCL integrates WiSA wireless audio connectivity module
- Access Advance announces initial VVC/H.266 video patent pool licensors