Digital TV News: Forthnet
Forthnet becomes part of United Group
Nov 24, 2020 – Forthnet has become part of United Group. United Group’s entry into the Greek market is part of its European growth strategy and further cements its position as an industry leader, operating in eight countries across the region.
News categories: United Group, Forthnet, Victoriya Boklag, Digital TV, Greece, MandA, Satellite
Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
Sep 21, 2020 – Irdeto has announced a conditional access renewal agreement with Forthnet which includes Irdeto’s Advance Protection Services (APS). APS provides global monitoring for piracy, enhanced security planning and access to secure chipsets.
News categories: Irdeto, Forthnet, Shane McCarthy, Constantinos Kalavas, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite
United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
May 29, 2020 – United Group has agreed to acquire the debt and a significant minority interest in Forthnet. The transaction will see United Group acquire all of the company’s loan obligations, the convertible debt and an initial 36% of the company’s shares.
News categories: United Group, Forthnet, BC Partners, Victoriya Boklag, Panos Papadopoulos, Nikos Stathopoulos, Digital TV, Greece, MandA, Satellite
Forthnet owners negotiating its sale to United Group
Apr 28, 2020 – Nomura has notified Forthnet of the commencement of exclusive negotiations with United Group on a proposal that United has submitted to the banks NBG, Alpha, Piraeus and Attica Bank aimed at the execution of documents for a transaction.
News categories: Forthnet, United Group, Digital TV, Greece, MandA, Satellite
Forthnet deploys Zenterio OS across legacy and next-generation STBs
Sep 12, 2017 – Zenterio has announced that Forthnet has deployed Zenterio OS on STBs for its satellite pay-TV offering. Thanks to the flexible, modular design of Zenterio OS, Forthnet successfully added new services to its legacy boxes, while retaining the look and feel of the existing UI.
News categories: Zenterio, Forthnet, Jörgen Nilsson, Constantinos Moraitis, Digital TV, Greece, IBC2022, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Greece's Nova chooses Harmonic headend for DTH
Mar 3, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Forthnet, the company that owns Nova, the largest pay-TV satellite platform in Greece, has chosen a high-end compression headend with video analytics from Harmonic to support its direct-to-home (DTH) SD/HD service.
News categories: Harmonic, Nova, Forthnet, Ian Graham, Constantinos Moraitis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite
Nova Greece exceeds 500,000 pay TV subscribers
Sep 25, 2014 – Greek pay TV provider Nova, part of the Forthnet S.A. group, has announced that it now has more than 500,000 subscribers. Nova started its service by satellite on December 20, 1999.
News categories: Forthnet, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers
Forthnet selects Irdeto to secure DTH offering
Aug 20, 2014 – Irdeto and Nova, the satellite pay TV platform of Forthnet, a leader in the pay TV market in Greece and Cyprus, have announced that they have worked together on the transition to a fully-secured direct-to-home (DTH) base.
News categories: Irdeto, Forthnet, Constantinos Moraitis, Richard Scott, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite
Forthnet working on two new Nova set-top boxes
Aug 8, 2014 – According to Forthnet's six months financial report the company is working on two new set-top boxes to be offered to its Nova pay TV subscribers. The aim of the project is to develop two new high-end models.
News categories: Forthnet, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022