Digital TV News: Freesat
Accedo supports launch of ITVX in the UK
Dec 16, 2022 – Accedo has worked on the ITVX video service for a number of platforms, including Youview, Freeview, Android TV, Freesat, Roku, Samsung Tizen, Samsung Orsay, and Xbox, as well as for the ITVX website.
News categories: Accedo, ITV, Michael Lantz, Steve Forde, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, UK, UX
Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
Nov 23, 2022 – People will soon be able to watch BBC One in HD without having to switch over to the current standard-definition versions for their local programming, following the roll-out of BBC One HD in England.
News categories: BBC, Kieran Clifton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Terrestrial, UK
UK's DTG releases D-Book 12.7
Oct 31, 2022 – The DTG has released D-Book 12.7, the latest update to the technical specification for all digital terrestrial television products and services in the UK market.
News categories: DTG, Simon Fell, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Media Broadcast renews Freenet HbbTV portal contract with DOTSCREEN
Apr 12, 2022 – Media Broadcast has renewed its contract with DOTSCREEN for the evolution, support, and maintenance of the Freenet HbbTV portal in Germany. DOTSCREEN was the original designer and developer of the portal in 2016.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, Media Broadcast, Stanislas Leridon, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, UX
Channel 5 joins Digital UK
Dec 20, 2021 – Channel 5 has joined Digital UK, alongside BBC, ITV and Channel 4. The four public service broadcasters have entered into a new Digital UK members' agreement, marking the first time that the venture has been wholly owned by all four PSBs.
News categories: Digital UK, ViacomCBS, Channel 5, Caroline Thomson, Sarah Rose, Digital TV, Terrestrial, UK
UK's DTG releases D-Book 12.6
Oct 28, 2021 – The DTG has announced the release of its D-Book 12.6. Previously optional, support for HbbTV now becomes mandatory in the latest version, as the transition away from MHEG continues in the UK.
News categories: DTG, HbbTV Association, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Vincent Grivet, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
Jul 22, 2021 – Freesat has become the latest company to have satellite receivers pass the European-wide assurance scheme for TV and Satellite distribution equipment known as the European IRS Certification Scheme (EICS).
News categories: DTG Testing, Freesat, CAI, Digital TV, QoE, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
BBC, ITV and Channel 4 plan to integrate Digital UK and Freesat
Feb 10, 2021 – The BBC, ITV and Channel 4 plan to integrate Digital UK, the joint venture which facilitates the provision of Freeview TV, with Freesat, which offers access to the UK's subscription-free satellite TV service.
News categories: Digital UK, Freesat, Jonathan Thompson, Alistair Thom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
DOTSCREEN retains freenet TV HbbTV portal contract
Feb 10, 2021 – Media Broadcast has renewed its contract with DOTSCREEN for the evolution, support and maintenance of the freenet TV HbbTV portal in Germany. DOTSCREEN has maintained the portal for the last four years.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, Media Broadcast, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, HbbTV, UX
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars