Digital TV News: Frost & Sullivan
OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
May 20, 2019 – With streaming rapidly becoming a high-priority investment area for media firms, the $62.0 million OTT monitoring and compliance (M&C) market is forecast to expand at a CAGR of 15.8% to reach $149.7 million by 2024, according to Frost & Sullivan.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Robert Cavin, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, QoE, Worldwide
Explosion of OTT content creating strong demand for monetization technologies
Jan 28, 2019 – The explosion of OTT and user-generated digital video content in the current multi-screen environment is creating strong demand for monetization technologies among both content owners and advertisers, says Frost & Sullivan.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Aravindh Vanchesan, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Limelight and Ericsson collaborate on content delivery and edge cloud services
Oct 18, 2018 – Limelight Networks (NASDAQ: LLNW) and Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) are to collaborate on content delivery and edge cloud services. Limelight’s content delivery technology will be deployed on the Ericsson UDN Edge Cloud Platform to expand its delivery capabilities.
News categories: Limelight Networks, Ericsson, Bob Lento, Marcus Bergstrom, Gary Traver, Dan Rayburn, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Hybrid solutions key to success in global content protection market
Oct 3, 2018 – New-age holistic content protection solutions that protect not only content but also user data and customer reputation are expected to drive the next wave of growth in the global content protection market, finds Frost & Sullivan.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Swetha R K, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Data explosion is propelling OTT video consumption in India
Apr 10, 2018 – According to Frost & Sullivan, the OTT video market in India is beginning to see real traction with more competitors and new innovative platforms on the back of cheaper data bundles.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Aafia Bathool, Vidya S. Nath, Digital TV, India, Market Research, OTT
Pay TV services market in India rapidly transforming
Jan 31, 2018 – The Pay TV services market in India has been rapidly transforming as a result of mandates such as digitization, GST, and demonetization. A social revolution in terms of content consumed, willingness to pay, rising trend of OTT video viewing, and demand for unconventional entertainment is shaping the mindset and outlook of the masses.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Aafia Bathool, Vidya S. Nath, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Mobile
Rising investment in new technology revolutionizing legacy broadcasting in MENA
Dec 5, 2017 – In MENA, the television industry is evolving in terms of content and business models for over-the-top (OTT) and Pay-TV. According to Frost & Sullivan, broadcasters will adopt technologies to provide an enhanced user experience in the rising competitive landscape.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Aafia Bathool, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East
ContentArmor to show watermarking via Edgeware CDN servers at IBC
Sep 12, 2017 – Edgeware has integrated ContentArmor’s bitstream-based forensic watermarking solution into its TV CDN technology. The functionality can be deployed for IPTV and OTT services and will be demonstrated for the first time at IBC2017.
News categories: ContentArmor, Edgeware, Eric Bénetière, Richard Brandon, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2020, OTT, Worldwide
Expansion of OTT and TVE services driving content protection market growth
Aug 4, 2017 – Frost & Sullivan's recent analysis finds that content protection market revenues will grow from nearly $1.7 billion in 2016 to just shy of $2 billion by 2021, at a compound annual rate (CAGR) of 3.4 percent.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Mukul Krishna, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020