Digital TV News: General Motors
Proof of vaccination required to attend CES 2022
Aug 18, 2021 – The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) has announced that CES 2022 will require in-person attendees to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. CES 2022 will take place in Las Vegas on January 5-8, 2022.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, CES2022, COVID-19, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
WarnerMedia acquires You.i TV
Dec 21, 2020 – WarnerMedia has completed its acquisition of You.i TV. The company’s You.i Engine One platform delivers video apps across mobile, tablet, game consoles, streaming devices, STBs and Smart TVs using a single codebase.
News categories: WarnerMedia, You.i TV, Jason Press, Apps, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
Oct 20, 2020 – AT&T and WarnerMedia have announced that select GM drivers will have access to WarnerMedia RIDE, offering video content on smartphones or tablets connected to AT&T-powered in-car Wi-Fi hotspots.
News categories: WarnerMedia, AT&T, General Motors, Barry Loudis, Sarita Rao, Santiago Chamorro, Digital TV, In-Car, Mobile, Streaming, USA
ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
Jan 16, 2020 – Innovid and the Association of National Advertisers (ANA) have released a study that reveals that connected TV (CTV) significantly extends reach, provides more interactivity and increases earned time over standard ad experiences.
News categories: Innovid, ANA, Jessica Hogue, Bob Liodice, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Simulmedia launches TV marketplace for Direct-to-Consumer marketers
Oct 31, 2018 – Simulmedia has launched a marketplace specifically designed for direct-to-consumer (D2C) marketers. For D2C brands, the marketplace will provide a single point of access into the massive reach of TV, with transparency on outcomes, fees, supplier media and data costs.
News categories: Simulmedia, Dave Morgan, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
SPARK Neuro closes $13.5 million Series A funding round
Aug 8, 2018 – SPARK Neuro has secured $13.5 million of Series A financing. SPARK Neuro evaluates ads, movies, trailers and other content by measuring brain and other nervous system activity to see exactly when people are engaged and when they are not.
News categories: SPARK Neuro, Spencer Gerrol, Big Data, Digital TV, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Microtune Announces Silicon Tuner Strategy to Bring High-Speed Digital TV to Automotive Market
Nov 13, 2007 – Microtune (NASDAQ: TUNE) has announced that its MT2060 tuner technology is deployed in a car TV receiver system of Kenwood. Kenwood uses four tuners in a diversity TV entertainment system that delivers ISDB-T digital TV and other data services to a vehicle.
News categories: Microtune, Kenwood, Digital TV, In-Car, ISDB-T, Japan, Mobile, Semiconductor
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way