Digital TV News: Globecast
Globecast provides OTT services to multiple African broadcasters
Sep 2, 2020 – Globecast has provided a range of TV Everywhere OTT services to multiple African broadcasters, including the creation of live streaming OTT services, CDN provisioning and end-to-end project management.
News categories: Globecast, Frederic Torasso, Lionel Antoine, Africa, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
Jul 7, 2020 – Globecast has announced that Plastique has enlisted Globecast as its technical partner to supply a turnkey OTT service for BoFiNet, Botswana’s wholesale provider of telecommunications infrastructure.
News categories: Globecast, BoFiNet, Stefan Wiederkehr, Botswana, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, UX
Globecast deploys Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for cloud-based playout
Feb 25, 2020 – Globecast has begun deployment of Infrastructure as Code (IaC). IaC is the process of creating and managing cloud-based technologies using scripts. Scripts are 'read', or accepted, by systems like AWS’ CloudFormation or the cloud-agnostic solution from Terraform.
News categories: Globecast, Ian Redgewell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
EUTELSAT 7C enters into commercial service
Jan 28, 2020 – EUTELSAT 7C has entered full commercial service. Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) teams have migrated a number of services from EUTELSAT 7A to EUTELSAT 7C, including Digiturk and TRT for Turkey, and Globecast for coverage across Europe and the Middle East.
News categories: Eutelsat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite, Turkey
Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
Oct 16, 2019 – Globecast has announced that it has been selected by Orby TV to provide turnkey broadcast media operational services. Launched throughout the lower 48 United States in spring 2019, Orby TV is a pay-as-you-go satellite TV service.
News categories: Globecast, Orby TV, Eddie Ferraro, Michael Thornton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Globecast partners with AIP for server-side dynamic ad insertion
Sep 9, 2019 – Globecast has announced that it is continuing to expand its TV Everywhere OTT video platform via the integration of additional server-side dynamic ad insertion (SSDAI) capabilities, partnering with Ad Insertion Platform (AIP) in Europe.
News categories: Globecast, Ad Insertion Platform, Frédéric Torasso, Laurent Potesta, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe
Globecast launches HOTBIRD platform with DW HD as first customer
Aug 27, 2019 – Globecast has announced a new HOTBIRD platform to satisfy growing demand generated by the move from SD to HD. Deutsche Welle (DW) is the first customer to take advantage, launching its English language HD channel via the service.
News categories: Globecast, Eutelsat, Deutsche Welle, Samuel Lemercier, Aymeric Genty, Hubert Czaja, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
Globecast partners with SnifferCat for OTT dynamic ad insertion
Mar 25, 2019 – Globecast has announced a partnership with SnifferCat to add dynamic ad insertion (DAI) to its offering. SnifferCat's DAI automates the process of preparing unmarked content for distribution and monetization across multiple OTT platforms.
News categories: Globecast, SnifferCat, Eddie Ferraro, Tom Link, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, USA
Globecast selects Mediaproxy broadcast compliance and monitoring software
Nov 16, 2017 – Mediaproxy has announced that Globecast has chosen its LogServer software solution for its London and Singapore facilities. Globecast helps customers to manage their content and make it available wherever required, by anyone required.
News categories: Mediaproxy, Globecast, Polar Graphics, Mark Horchler, Sylvain Merle, Digital TV, QoE, Worldwide
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
- Vodafone España adopts targeted content promotion from TiVo
- 3SS selected by FreeCast for SelectTV multiscreen UX
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020