Digital TV News: Gracenote
Gracenote mobile video analytics gives view on streaming app performance
Aug 16, 2018 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has announced a Mobile Video Analytics solution aimed at providing visibility into the quality and performance of the most popular mobile video streaming applications. The product will provide a means to better understand how mobile app performance impacts user behavior and attitudes.
News categories: Gracenote, Mike Greenawald, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, QoE, USA, Worldwide
Gracenote launches data solution for device manufacturers offering live TV streaming
May 16, 2018 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has announced a TV metadata and EPG solution from Gracenote which enables Smart TV and streaming device manufacturers that offer live TV streaming services to make their linear and on-demand content more searchable and discoverable.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
CBS And Nielsen collaborate on dynamic ad insertion in live broadcasts
May 14, 2018 – CBS and Nielsen have announced that they are working on a collaboration that will deliver Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI) in live linear national broadcast television, helping to actualize and progress addressable advertising.
News categories: CBS, Nielsen, Jo Ann Ross, Peter Bradbury, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
Nielsen launches next-gen analytics platform covering top 56 U.S. TV markets
Apr 5, 2018 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced the availability of Nielsen Grabix, its next-generation analytics platform that combines the power of minute-by-minute Nielsen ratings and Gracenote Real-Time Smart TV viewership data for deeper insights into audience flow, retention and engagement.
News categories: Nielsen, Kelly Abcarian, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Verance Watermarking completes field trials on LG TVs
Jan 3, 2018 – Verance has announced that Verance Aspect, selected as a foundational component of the ATSC 3.0 transmission standard, has expanded to smart TV manufacturers with LG becoming the first to complete initial field tests.
News categories: Verance, LG, Nil Shah, Eric Anderson, ATSC 3, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
MediaTek SoCs first with Verance Watermarking for ATSC 3.0
Dec 19, 2017 – Verance has announced that MediaTek has become the first SoC provider to complete evaluation tests of Verance Aspect, selected by the Advanced Television Systems Committee as an essential component of the Next Gen TV transmission standard (ATSC 3.0).
News categories: Verance, MediaTek, Nil Shah, Eric Anderson, ATSC 3, CES2021, Content Identification, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Nielsen Marketing Cloud enhanced with Gracenote Smart TV data
Oct 31, 2017 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced that it will use Gracenote’s Real-Time Smart TV Data to enhance the audience targeting, consumer analytics and measurement capabilities of Nielsen Marketing Cloud’s Data Management Platform (Nielsen DMP).
News categories: Nielsen, Kelly Abcarian, Damian Garbaccio, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Connekt launches TV advertising and commerce platform
Sep 28, 2017 – Connekt has unveiled a platform that enables brands, distributors and media companies to generate revenue from TV advertising and commerce. The platform is powered by an in-content transactional advertising engine using artificial intelligence.
News categories: Connekt, Mike Fitzsimmons, David Rudnick, Advertising, Big Data, Mobile, USA
Connekt and Ensequence to use Gracenote's Video Automatic Content Recognition
Sep 19, 2017 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has announced that it has inked deals with Connekt and Ensequence to use Gracenote’s Video Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) technology to bring new interactive capabilities to linear TV ads and other programming.
News categories: Gracenote, Connekt, Ensequence, Kelly Abcarian, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5