Digital TV News: HBO
Viu app comes to Astro's Ultra Box
Mar 10, 2023 – Astro has expanded its streaming service, adding the Viu app to its platform. Astro customers can now access Viu on multi-screens, including on its Ultra Box.
News categories: Astro, Viu, Agnes Rozario, Janice Lee, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
U.S. digital entertainment consumer spending grew $3.7bn in 2022
Mar 7, 2023 – Overall U.S. consumer spending across digital and physical home entertainment formats in 2022 was more than $36.5 billion, an 11.4% increase from the almost $33 billion consumers spent in 2021.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Warner Bros. Discovery adds 1.1 million DTC subscribers in 4Q 2022
Feb 23, 2023 – Warner Bros. Discovery (Nasdaq: WBD) has reported results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2022. Global DTC subscribers increased 1.1 million to 96.1 million at the end of Q4 versus 95.0 million subscribers at the end of Q3.
News categories: Warner Bros. Discovery, Digital TV, North America, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Latin American AVOD and SVOD revenues to each grow $3bn by 2028
Mar 6, 2023 – According to Digital TV Research, OTT TV revenues in Latin America will increase by $7 billion between 2022 and 2028 to reach $16 billion, with AVOD and SVOD each adding $3 billion over the period.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Streaming
Multichoice, NBCUniversal and Sky to create streaming service for Africa
Mar 2, 2023 – MultiChoice (JSE: MCG), NBCUniversal and Sky (NASDAQ: CMCSA) have announced a partnership that will bring Showmax streaming to MultiChoice's 50-market footprint in sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: MultiChoice, NBCUniversal, Sky, Calvo Mawela, Matt Strauss, Dana Strong, Africa, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming
Global SVOD revenues to reach $124 billion in 2028
Feb 27, 2023 – According to Digital TV Research, global SVOD revenues will reach $124 billion by 2028, up from $99 billion in 2022. The US will add $5 billion of the $25 billion additional revenues between 2022 and 2028.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
TVision releases latest State of CTV Advertising report
Feb 23, 2023 – TVision has released its semi-annual CTV advertising' report, revealing how viewers engage with apps, which combination of apps can extend an advertiser's reach, and how to accurately value impressions.
News categories: TVision, Yan Liu, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
U.S. TV usage up again in January
Feb 16, 2023 – Nielsen's January 2023 TV usage summary, from its monthly snapshot of total TV and streaming consumption in the U.S., has revealed that overall viewing was up 1.3% compared to December 2022.
News categories: Nielsen, Broadcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
SkyShowtime completes Europe roll-out with Spain and Andorra launches
Feb 14, 2023 – SkyShowtime will complete its European roll-out in 2023, bringing its offering to the final markets of Spain and Andorra on February 2th. The streaming service will have launched across more than 20 markets in just five months.
News categories: SkyShowtime, Monty Sarhan, Andorra, Digital TV, Spain, Streaming
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania