Digital TV News: Harmonic
Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
Apr 14, 2021 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Mowies is optimizing its workflow with Harmonic's VOS360 cloud streaming offering. VOS360 SaaS provides Mowies with an end-to-end solution for media processing and delivery.
News categories: Harmonic, Mowies, Alvaro Martin, Alejo Arango, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, OTT
TiVo selects Pindrop voice authentication
Jan 26, 2021 – TiVo and Pindrop have partnered to enable content discovery for consumers, unlocked through voice AI. The companies will collaborate to bring voice authentication to TiVo's Conversation Services product.
News categories: Pindrop, TiVo, Vijay Balasubramaniyan, Jon Heim, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA, UX, Worldwide
Edge Networks launches NextGen TV service with Harmonic
Dec 9, 2020 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Edge Networks launched its Evoca TV service with an end-to-end solution from Harmonic. Evoca combines OTA ATSC 3.0 broadcasts with video streaming to reach underserved areas in the U.S.
News categories: Harmonic, Edge Networks, Eric Armstrong, Todd Achilles, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Medianet optimizes video delivery with Harmonic
Nov 18, 2020 – Medianet is using content-aware encoding from Harmonic (NASDAQ:HLIT) to optimize video streaming and TV service delivery in the Maldives. The solution reduces CDN costs while enabling the delivery of video to subscribers on all screens.
News categories: Harmonic, Medianet, Content Distribution, Digital TV, The Maldives
Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
Jul 9, 2020 – Zixi has announced the integration of Zixi into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform, allowing content contributors and distributors to scale their video transport to hundreds of outlets around the world.
News categories: Zixi, Harmonic, John Wastcoat, Shahar Bar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Foxtel deploys Harmonic video processing for Ultra HD
Mar 11, 2020 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Foxtel has deployed Harmonic's live video processor to increase efficiencies in its Ultra HD service offering. Foxtel can now deliver additional Ultra HD programming in the same bandwidth.
News categories: Harmonic, Foxtel, Tony Berthaud, Darren Windus, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
Jan 23, 2020 – Tulix and Vidgo have given details of their technology platform for live sports streaming and other premium channels. Vidgo is a direct-to-consumer TV provider focusing on content acquisition and product marketing. Tulix provides the underlying technology.
News categories: Tulix, Vidgo, George Bokuchava, Shane Cannon, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, USA
Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
Jan 14, 2020 – Vidgo has launched an OTT service powered by a live streaming platform from Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT). The service boasts more than 100 premium channels including ABC, Comedy Central, ESPN, Fox, and the NFL Network as well as a Latino package for Spanish-speaking viewers.
News categories: Harmonic, Vidgo, Eric Armstrong, Shane Cannon, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Sky Italia to deliver new video streaming service with Harmonic
Sep 12, 2019 – Sky Italia will launch a video streaming service using Harmonic's cloud-native media processing software and content-aware encoding (CAE) technology. The Harmonic solution is integrated into Sky Italia's hybrid cloud streaming platform.
News categories: Harmonic, Sky Italia, Ian Graham, Gabriele Ubertini, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, Italy, Satellite
- NEXTGEN TV comes to Grand Rapids, MI
- Polestar develops streaming app for Polestar 2 cars in Europe
- JW Player acquires VUALTO
- 3SS powers TCC Android TV service on SDMC STBs
- du partners with ATEME on OTT and DTH projects
- Beachfront completes OAR-compliant ad trial on VIZIO TVs
- Peach launches global ad distribution platform
- India sees huge headroom for growth in TV and digital
- Sinclair unifies ad sales with Operative Media
- Dominant share for MediaTek in smart speaker market
- Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
- VBox announces ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway
- Small growth in global pay TV subscribers to 2026
- Brightcove powers Studio Mojo's ‘Koode’ OTT service
- Vivendi, Fininvest and Mediaset end their disputes
- fuboTV partners with LiveRamp on addressable ad targeting
- Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
- Stoneroos acquired by NEP The Netherlands
- AirConsole casual gaming for TrueID TV Box users in Thailand
- Charter residential video customers down 156,000 in 1Q 2021