Digital TV News: Hearst
Univision signs up to Project OAR
Feb 2, 2021 – Univision has announced that it has joined Project OAR, the consortium of American media companies created to establish a common technology for dynamic, addressable advertising management for TV.
News categories: Univision, Project OAR, Donna Speciale, Adam Gaynor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Triveni Digital powers NextGen TV at first Hearst station
Jan 5, 2021 – Hearst Television is deploying a software-based ATSC 3.0 solution from Triveni Digital for WMOR-TV in Tampa, Florida. WMOR-TV is the first Hearst station in the multimedia company's transition to NextGen TV.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Hearst, Ralph Bachofen, Brian Darragh, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
Dec 1, 2020 – Local TV stations in Florida have banded together to launch NEXTGEN TV along the gulf coast. WMOR-TV will serve as the host station for NEXTGEN TV signals from WMOR-TV, WFTS-TV, WFLA-TV, WTSP-TV, and WTVT-TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV begins for five local TV stations in Oklahoma City
Oct 8, 2020 – Five local TV stations in Oklahoma City - KOCO-TV, KFOR-TV, KOKH-TV, KOCB and KAUT - have begun broadcasting with ATSC 3.0. Oklahoma City is the seventh launch of ATSC 3.0 for BitPath this year.
News categories: BitPath, Sinclair Broadcast, Nexstar Media, KOCO-TV, John Hane, Mark Aitken, Brett Jenkins, Brent Hensley, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
Sep 24, 2020 – AdLedger has announced results from its CryptoRTB pilot. The protocol was used by MadHive and Beachfront to address three problems in the digital advertising industry: fraud, transparency, and consumer privacy.
News categories: AdLedger, MadHive, Beachfront, Christiana Cacciapuoti, Adam Helfgott, Frank Sinton, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
Feb 6, 2020 – Pearl TV has welcomed Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) as the organization’s ninth member, a move that boosts the reach of Pearl-member stations to nearly half of all broadcast television stations in the United States.
News categories: Pearl TV, Sinclair Broadcast, Anne Schelle, Chris Ripley, ATSC 3, Digital TV, USA
Xandr adds Clypd to its portfolio of products and services
Oct 18, 2019 – Xandr has added clypd to its portfolio of products and services. As part of the Xandr family, clypd will accelerate converged buying and selling across addressable TV, data-driven linear TV, mobile, and OTT channels on streaming video services.
News categories: Xandr, clypd, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, OTT, USA
Nielsen completes overhaul of Local TV measurement
Oct 3, 2019 – Nielsen announced that it has integrated advanced metering, big data and people-powered panels into its Local TV measurement service. The transformation delivers metrics that are representative of what people are actually viewing in local broadcast markets.
News categories: Nielsen, Catherine Herkovic, Wendy McMahon, Kathy Doyle, Kevin Stuart, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
Sep 18, 2019 – Hearst Television has announced that its stations will begin transacting advertising-sales agreements based on audience impressions – a metric reflecting a program's viewer numbers and the common audience-measurement currency for video-viewing platforms.
News categories: Hearst Television, Jordan Wertlieb, Eric Meyrowitz, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020
- Freeview Australia launches integrated HbbTV platform
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting
- Chinese suppliers take top three positions in TV panel shipments
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Finecast extends TV reach with new UK ad inventory partners
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV