Digital TV News: Hearst
NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
Jan 31, 2023 – Six television stations in Boston have launched NEXTGEN TV. The stations are: WUNI (Univision; channel 27); WCVB (ABC; channel 5); WFXT (FOX; channel 25); GBH (PBS; channel 2); WBZ (CBS; channel 4) and WBTS (NBC; channel 10).
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Theodore Stoner, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Six New Orleans television stations launch NEXTGEN TV
Dec 15, 2022 – New Orleans viewers can now find six channels OTA with NEXTGEN TV: WUPL (MyNetwork; channel 54), WWL (CBS, channel 4), WVUE (FOX, channel 8), WDSU (NBC, channel 6), WGNO (ABC, channel 26) and WNOL (CW, channel 38).
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Digital TV
Pearl TV launches RUN3TV hybrid TV platform for NEXTGEN TV
Apr 19, 2022 – Pearl TV has launched its RUN3TV web platform, enabling broadcasters to offer a hybrid TV service to their OTA viewers. RUN3TV was built to support NEXTGEN TV, otherwise known as ATSC 3.0, with integrated support for two-way web interactivity.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Kerry Oslund, Robert Folliard, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, UX
Sacramento TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
Jul 8, 2021 – Six Sacramento TV stations (KOVR, KCRA, KQCA, KTXL, KXTV and KUVS) have banded together to launch NEXTGEN TV. Sacramento is the first city in Northern California to launch a commercial NEXTGEN TV service.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Ariel Roblin, Kurt Rao, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
TV stations in Orlando launch NEXTGEN TV broadcasts
Jul 1, 2021 – Eight Orlando TV stations have banded together to launch NEXTGEN TV. The stations are WRBW-TV, WOFL-TV, WFTV-TV, WRDQ-TV, WKMG-TV, WESH-TV, WKCF-TV and WUCF-TV. Orlando is the 17th largest TV market in the U.S.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Mike McClain, John Soapes, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
VIZIO announces first certified OAR technology partners
Jul 1, 2021 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) has announced that LTN, Beachfront, FreeWheel, INVIDI, Google, Adcuratio and Extreme Reach are compliant with Open Addressable Ready (OAR) specifications and are certified to enable OAR campaigns.
News categories: VIZIO, Zeev Neumeier, Malik Khan, Ben Abbatiello, Stefan Maris, Bruce Anderson, Peentoo Patel, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Baltimore
Jun 24, 2021 – Six local television stations in Baltimore, MD, including WMAR-TV, WBAL-TV, WBFF, WNUV, and WMPT and WMPB have begun broadcasting using NEXTGEN TV, powered by ATSC 3.0 technology.
News categories: BitPath, John Hane, Brian Lawlor, Dan Joerres, Mark Aitken, Larry D. Unger, Michael Anderson, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
Jun 9, 2021 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) now has more than 11.2 million addressable TVs in the U.S. capable of frame-accurate dynamic ad insertion, representing a significant milestone for the addressable advertising consortium, Project OAR.
News categories: VIZIO, Adam Gaynor, Kristine Bayles, Darren Sherriff, JP Colaco, Steve Silvestri, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Beachfront completes OAR-compliant ad trial on VIZIO TVs
May 5, 2021 – Beachfront has completed an addressable TV ad execution with VIZIO adhering to the technical specifications of Open Addressable Ready (OAR). The execution used Beachfront’s Unified Decisioning product.
News categories: Beachfront, VIZIO, Frank Sinton, Adam Gaynor, Dan Callahan, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029