Digital TV News: Iliad
Cable Still King of Pay-TV, but Satellite and IPTV Poised for Takeover
Jun 25, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released its latest Pay-TV Services and Subscribers report. The global pay-TV market, including cable, satellite, and IPTV video services, totaled $261 billion in 2011 and is forecast to grow to $371 billion by 2016.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
Satellite and IPTV Gaining Fast on Cable Video; Netflix, Amazon Threat Insignificant So Far
Nov 1, 2011 – Infonetics Research does not expect OTT to have a significant impact on pay TV subscribers because operators are responding to OTT with their own enhanced delivery offerings. Cable video's share is expected to decline as satellite video increases.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite
Free Deploys Movea's MotionIC™ In Next Generation Remote Controls
Jan 4, 2011 – Iliad's Free has announced that it is deploying Movea's MotionIC™ technologies in next generation remote controls that will come with the new Freebox set-top box (STB) launched in late December 2010 in France.
News categories: Iliad, Movea, France, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Free introduces Freebox Revolution Gateway and Set-top Box
Dec 14, 2010 – As part of its new Freebox Revolution offer, Iliad subsidiary Free has introduced the 'freebox server' home gateway and Intel® (NASDAQ: INTC) ATOM™ CE4100 processor-based 'freebox player' set-top box to the French market.
News categories: Iliad, Intel Corp, Apps, Blu-ray, Broadband, Digital TV, DVR, Fibre, France, Gateway, Home Server, IPTV, Router, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Free adds 4 channels and 2 VOD services in 3D
Sep 30, 2010 – Iliad has announced the introduction of 4 new channels and 2 new video on demand services (VOD) exclusive to its 'Free' IPTV offer and broadcast in 3D. Free is the first in France to broadcast genuine 3D channels.
News categories: Iliad, Digital TV, France, IPTV, VR
Video services market expected to top $250 billion in 2014
Jun 1, 2010 – Market research firm Infonetics Research released the first edition of its 2010 biannual Video Services and Subscribers report, which tracks telco Internet Protocol television (IPTV), cable video, and satellite video services and subscribers.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
Iliad (Free/Alice) adds 48k ADSL subscribers in 1Q10
May 5, 2010 – At 31 March 2010, the Iliad Group (Paris: ILD) totalled more than 4.5 million ADSL subscribers, including 3,866,000 subscribers registered under the Free brand and 638,000 subscribers under the Alice brand.
News categories: Iliad, France, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Global Telco TV Service Revenue To Total Nearly $17 Billion in 2010
Feb 10, 2010 – Despite the economic downturn, telco TV market growth was strong in 2009, according to ABI Research. Service revenue for the global telco TV market increased to nearly $12 billion in 2009 and will increase to nearly $17 billion by the end of 2010.
News categories: ABI Research, IPTV, Market Research
Iliad adds 146k subscribers in 1H09
Aug 4, 2009 – Over the 1st half-year 2009, Iliad (Paris: ILD) consolidated its position as the leading ADSL alternative operator. At 30 June 2009, Iliad's ADSL had a total of 4,371,000 subscribers, compared with 3,134,000 at 30 June 2008.
News categories: Iliad, DVR, France, Gateway, IPTV, Results, Router, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Subscribers
- Egyptian National Media Authority to deploy R&S DVB-T2 transmitters
- TiVo selects Pindrop voice authentication
- Comscore to offer cross-platform movie measurement
- Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers