Digital TV News: Kaltura
Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
Mar 2, 2021 – Kaltura has filed Form S-1 with the SEC relating to a proposed initial public offering of its common stock. Kaltura has applied to list on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the ticker symbol 'KLTR'.
News categories: Kaltura, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPO, Worldwide
Reshet 13 selects Kaltura to power D2C streaming service
Feb 9, 2021 – Kaltura has been selected by Israeli broadcaster Reshet 13 to upgrade its direct-to-consumer video service. Reshet 13 will benefit from Kaltura's advanced video technology, along with hosting on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
News categories: Kaltura, Reshet 13, Nuno Sanches, Gal Goren, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, OTT
CommScope and Kaltura deliver Cloud TV, hosted on AWS
Nov 10, 2020 – CommScope and Kaltura have announced that they are partnering to deliver cloud TV offerings to communications service providers and media companies worldwide. The integrated solutions will leverage the power of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
News categories: Kaltura, CommScope, Amazon Web Services, Gideon Gilboa, Kevin Keefe, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
Oct 28, 2020 – Kaltura has been selected by RGE Group to launch a Cloud TV service for kids, BIGI. RGE is deploying Kaltura’s Cloud TV Platform for content, subscriber and device management, and will use Kaltura’s video player for advanced live TV use cases.
News categories: Kaltura, Yaron Segev, Nuno Sanches, Yaron Segev, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Media Player, OTT
Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
Sep 29, 2020 – Kaltura has been selected by Cellcom Israel to power Cellcom TV, the largest OTT TV service in Israel, with over 250,000 subscribing households. The service will be fully cloud-based and hosted on Amazon Web Services.
News categories: Kaltura, Cellcom, Nuno Sanches, Atara Litvak Shacham, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, OTT
Kaltura to power CETIN's wholesale Cloud TV service for the CEE region
Jul 28, 2020 – Kaltura has announced that it has been selected by CETIN to deploy and power a multinational cloud TV service providing a single Cloud TV solution intended to be offered on wholesale principles across the CEE Region.
News categories: Kaltura, CETIN, Broadpeak, Ron Yekutiel, Nuno Sanches, Juraj Šedivý, Jacques Le Mancq, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Europe
SRG SSR chooses Kaltura to power Cloud TV service in Switzerland
Jun 16, 2020 – Kaltura has announced that SRG SSR, Switzerland’s national public broadcaster, has selected Kaltura TV Platform as the basis on which to build its new multi-language Cloud TV service, named 'Play Suisse'.
News categories: Kaltura, SRG SSR, Nuno Sanches, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Switzerland
Newsmax launches Cloud TV service powered by Kaltura
Jan 30, 2020 – Kaltura has announced that Newsmax, a US-based media company focused on news content, has launched a new Cloud TV service, available on a wide range of devices, including Apple TV, Roku, Android and iOS devices.
News categories: Kaltura, Newsmax, Nuno Sanches, Andy Biggers, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
ZEE5 chooses Applicaster to enhance the app experience
Oct 3, 2019 – Applicaster has been chosen by ZEE5 to enhance the user experience and application experience. The partnership will focus on updating the ZEE5 app interface to mirror the evolving preferences of the new-age OTT viewer using Applicaster’s Zapp platform.
News categories: Applicaster, ZEE5, Jonathan Laor, Rajneel Kumar, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Baltimore
- Zodiac integrates Agama device monitoring into its TV stack
- JW Player raises $100m in Series E funding
- Xandr adopts OpenAP's OpenID audience identifier
- ATEME provides video packaging and storage for AIS in Thailand
- KKStream launches Streaming-as-a-Service solutions
- Astro set-top boxes to include Netflix
- MediaKind powers UEFA Euro 2020 live coverage at MEO
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud