Digital TV News: Kaltura
Newsmax launches Cloud TV service powered by Kaltura
Jan 30, 2020 – Kaltura has announced that Newsmax, a US-based media company focused on news content, has launched a new Cloud TV service, available on a wide range of devices, including Apple TV, Roku, Android and iOS devices.
News categories: Kaltura, Newsmax, Nuno Sanches, Andy Biggers, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
ZEE5 chooses Applicaster to enhance the app experience
Oct 3, 2019 – Applicaster has been chosen by ZEE5 to enhance the user experience and application experience. The partnership will focus on updating the ZEE5 app interface to mirror the evolving preferences of the new-age OTT viewer using Applicaster’s Zapp platform.
News categories: Applicaster, ZEE5, Jonathan Laor, Rajneel Kumar, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT
ZEE5 chooses Kaltura TV Platform Player for its Cloud TV service
Sep 25, 2019 – ZEE5 has partnered with Kaltura for the deployment of the Kaltura TV Platform Player. The player provides ZEE5 with QoE supporting over 8,000 devices, provides elastic scale and includes native support of advertising insertion and measurement.
News categories: Kaltura, ZEE5, Ron Yekutiel, Tarun Katial, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Media Player, OTT, QoE
iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
Sep 14, 2019 – iWedia has expanded its cooperation with Kaltura by providing set-top box (STB) software products, application development and integration services for Beeline Kazakhstan. At the heart of the STB, lies iWedia's Teatro-3.5 software.
News categories: iWedia, Kaltura, Beeline, Digital TV, IBC2019, Kazakhstan, Middleware, Set Top Box
Vodafone and Kaltura extend cooperation to Greece, Romania and Portugal
Sep 11, 2019 – Kaltura has announced that its Kaltura Cloud TV technology is now supporting the launch of Vodafone TV in Greece, Romania and Portugal. A common cloud-based platform allows each OpCo to launch the Vodafone TV service within its country.
News categories: Kaltura, Vodafone, Ron Yekutiel, Wolfgang Zeller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Greece, IBC2019, IPTV, Portugal, Romania
Dialog Axiata introduces Cloud TV service powered by Kaltura
Sep 3, 2019 – Kaltura has announced that Dialog Axiata has selected Kaltura to power ViU, its cross-screen Cloud TV service. ViU is now available to the operator’s existing subscribers as well as every mobile user in Sri Lanka, regardless of the network.
News categories: Kaltura, Dialog Axiata, Ron Yekutiel, Dr. Rainer Deutschmann, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka
Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
Aug 22, 2019 – Kaltura has announced that its Kaltura Cloud TV Platform is powering a newly-launched TV service for Beeline Kazakhstan. Beeline is using the Kaltura TV Platform to replace its legacy pay-TV service and to reach more devices and customers.
News categories: Kaltura, Beeline, Dr. Shay David, Sergey Leshchenko, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Kazakhstan, Set Top Box, UX
Kaltura powers Dish TV India's Watcho OTT platform
Jun 19, 2019 – The Kaltura TV Platform is powering multiscreen access to linear, VOD and time-shifted TV plus third-party content for Dish TV India's OTT platform Watcho. The solution caters to evolving entertainment needs by continuously learning about viewers' content consumption habits.
News categories: Kaltura, Dish TV India, Horizon Broadcast, Ron Yekutiel, Anil Dua, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, TV Everywhere
Digital Alert Systems and Kaltura bring EAS Alerts to Cloud TV services
May 14, 2019 – Digital Alert Systems and Kaltura have announced that the Kaltura TV Platform is first to support Digital Alert Systems' EAS-NET communications protocol, allowing customers to comply with EAS/CAP regulations by providing critical emergency messages within their Cloud TV deployments.
News categories: Digital Alert Systems, Kaltura, Bill Robertson, Gideon Gilboa, Digital TV, OTT, PAYTV19, Regulation, USA
- 2020 semiconductor market to decline 0.9% due to coronavirus
- Over 11,000 TV channels were available in Europe in 2019
- Disney+ already at 50 million subscribers
- Crave now available on Roku devices in Canada
- Vodafone selects Synamedia for global cloud TV platform
- Neustar and iSpot.tv unify TV and digital attribution
- Comscore and JW Player partner on contextual targeting for video advertising
- Taiwan Broadband Communications adds HBO GO
- AR/VR IC market to grow to $7.75bn by 2026 at 23.3% CAGR
- 24i powers streaming video experience for Topic
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- SVOD and T-VOD drive Korean market to new levels
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- NZ: Netflix, Lightbox and Prime Video double viewership in 2019
- KT to build IPTV service for 3BB TV in Thailand
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- US: 44% with a vMVPD switched from a traditional pay TV service
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv