Digital TV News: MIPS Technologies
MStar Semiconductor Licenses New Processor Cores From MIPS Technologies
Jan 5, 2011 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) has announced that long-time MIPS licensee MStar Semiconductor has licensed the multi-threaded multiprocessing MIPS32® 1004K™ Coherent Processing System (CPS) and the superscalar MIPS32 74K® core.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, MStar Semi, CES2022, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV
MIPS Technologies Continues Digital Home Leadership With New SmartCE™ Platform
Jan 5, 2011 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) has unveiled the new SmartCE™ (Connected Entertainment) platform, which will be demonstrated running on several of its licensees' SoC platforms at CES.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Blu-ray, CES2022, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Sigma Designs and MIPS Technologies Strengthen Relationship Targeting Development of Next-Generation Connected Devices
Dec 21, 2010 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) has announced that Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reaffirmed its commitment to the MIPS® architecture with a new license agreement. The agreement encompasses a broad spectrum of MIPS32® cores.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Sigma Designs, Licensing, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Sigma Designs Doubles Blu-Ray Media Processor Performance
Jun 1, 2010 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) has announced the availability of its SMP8646 media processor SoC. Designed for networked Blu-ray devices, the chipset enables the latest consumer experiences including 3D video, Flash video, Android and OTT services.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Blu-ray, Digital TV, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor
MIPS Technologies Announces Support for WebM Project
May 19, 2010 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) has announced support for the new WebM open web media project and the open source VP8. MIPS will work with its partners and licensees to ensure fully optimized hardware/software support for VP8.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, WebM, Media Player, OTT, Silicon IP
MIPS Technologies Announces Strategic Alliance with Imagination Technologies
Apr 26, 2010 – MIPS Technologies (NASDAQ: MIPS) has announced that MIPS and Imagination Technologies (LSE:IMG) have formed a strategic alliance to ensure the optimum system solution and support for customers combining IP from both companies.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, MIPS Technologies, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
MIPS Technologies and Mavrix Technology Collaborate on Mobile SoC Development
Feb 10, 2010 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) and Mavrix Technology, a company developing SoCs for the Mobile Digital TV (MDTV) and portable multimedia markets, have announced that they are working together to develop a MIPS-Based™ applications processor.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Mavrix, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC21, Portable, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Tablet
MIPS Technologies Leverages Yahoo! TV Widgets for MIPS-Based™ DTV Platforms
Jan 7, 2010 – MIPS (Nasdaq:MIPS) has announced integration of the Yahoo! (Nasdaq:YHOO) Widget Engine for MIPS-Based™ digital home devices. MIPS will develop an reference platform running the Yahoo! Widget Engine for digital TV and set-top box applications.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Yahoo!, CES2022, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
AllGo Systems Partners with MIPS Technologies and Tensilica to Bring Android™ to Home Entertainment Devices
Jan 6, 2010 – AllGo Systems is working with MIPS Technologies and Tensilica to bring high-end media codec support with advanced multimedia features to MIPS-Based™ Android™ platforms for home entertainment and mobile consumer products based on Android.
News categories: AllGo Systems, CES2022, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart Home
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution
- Lünecom deploys IPTV solution from ocilion in Northern Germany
- Gigared chooses Appear to deliver to TVs in Argentina
- Kabelnoord extends service to Samsung and LG TVs with 24i
- First football match broadcast over 5G in Portugal
- HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
- More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
- Viant ad platform integrates TiVo TV viewership data
- WarnerMedia trials national addressable TV with Comscore
- UK broadcasters launch ad campaign measurement tool
- Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
- MetaX launches Smart TV commercialization platform
- Only 20% of streaming subscribers content to stay with providers
- Sky NZ selects Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM cloud service
- Evolution Digital Android TV box selected by TDS Telecom
- Sappa selects Appear to deliver live TV in Sweden
- Accedo supports Telecine Play Smart TV app development