Digital TV News: MNC
63% of Indonesians access streaming piracy websites or torrent sites
Dec 20, 2019 – A study of online content viewing behavior commissioned by the Asia Video Industry Association has revealed that 63% of online Indonesian consumers have accessed streaming piracy sites to access content without paying subscription fees.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Neil Gane, Chand Parwez, Hendy Lim, Djonny Sjafruddin, Edwin Nazir, Content Protection, Digital TV, Indonesia, Market Research, OTT
iflix secures new round of funding
Jul 22, 2019 – iflix has announced the finalisation of a round of investment ahead of its prospective IPO. The round was cornerstoned by Fidelity International. iflix also added media companies MNC, Yoshimoto Kogyo and JTBC to the register.
News categories: iflix, Patrick Grove, Asia, Digital TV, OTT, Venture Capital
iflix and Indonesia's MNC announce content partnership
May 3, 2019 – iflix has entered into a partnership with Indonesia’s largest integrated media company, MNC (PT Media Nusantara Citra Tbk). The strategic partnership will significantly enhance iflix content programming mix and further strengthen its Indonesian local content strategy.
News categories: iflix, MNC, Mark Britt, David Fernando Audy, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT
SES to provide capacity for Indovision Chinese-language DTH service
Jul 15, 2013 – SES (Paris;Luxembourg:SESG) and MNC Sky Vision (Jakarta:MSKY), owner of Indonesia's Indovision satellite Pay-TV brand, have announced an agreement to provide capacity on the SES-7 satellite to support Indovision's forthcoming Chinese-language DTH package.
News categories: SES S.A, Indovision, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Satellite
e.tv and Multichoice win mobile TV spectrum licences in South Africa
Sep 10, 2010 – The Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA) has decided to grant the radio frequency spectrum licences for the purpose of providing mobile TV in the country on Multiplex 1 to e.tv (40%) and Multichoice (60%).
News categories: ICASA, Digital TV, Mobile, Regulation, South Africa
PT. MNC Sky Vision Selects NDS for Indovision and Top TV Platforms
Jun 4, 2009 – NDS has announced that PT. MNC Sky Vision has selected NDS' VideoGuard® conditional access, MediaHighway® middleware and a customised EPG for its Indovision pay-TV platform. MNC has also selected VideoGuard to secure its Top TV platform.
News categories: NDS Group, Indovision, Top TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Indonesia, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Global Mediacom (Indovision) 2007 Annual Report
May 8, 2008 – Indovision currently has more than 50% pay TV subscriber market share, making it the largest pay TV operator in Indonesia. Total subscribers as per 31 December 2007 was 305,372, representing a growth of 59% from last year's amount of 192,117.
News categories: Global Mediacom, Indovision, Digital TV, Indonesia, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- Bitmovin raises $25 million of Series C funding
- SoftAtHome deploys Disney+ on Orange France STBs
- ZEASN announces content monetization partners for WhaleLive
- Bitcentral enables Dynamic Ad Insertion for Cowles Broadcasting on NewsON
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Plex raises $50 million from investor Intercap
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming