Digital TV News: Marvell
Dominant share for MediaTek in smart speaker market
May 4, 2021 – Apps processors from MediaTek were used in nearly 50% of the 151 million smart speakers and smart displays sold in 2020 according to Strategy Analytics. MediaTek increased its share by six percentage points in 2020.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Chirag Upadhyay, David Watkins, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Amazon Prime Video now available on BT TV set top boxes
Jun 21, 2018 – BT has announced that it has become the first major UK pay-TV provider to offer Amazon Prime Video access via a set top box – giving customers the ability to access Prime Video’s TV and movie content at the push of a button.
News categories: BT TV, Prime Video, Tony Singh, Brett Ballbach, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
Marvell and Cavium to combine
Nov 20, 2017 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) and Cavium (NASDAQ: CAVM) have announced a definitive agreement under which Marvell will acquire all outstanding shares of Cavium common stock in exchange for consideration of $40.00 per share in cash and 2.1757 Marvell common shares for each Cavium share.
News categories: Marvell, Cavium, Matt Murphy, Syed Ali, Raghib Hussain, MandA, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Synaptics launches 4K HDR Set-Top-Box Processor
Sep 14, 2017 – Synaptics (NASDAQ:SYNA) has announced its VideoSmart BG5CT multimedia solution featuring 4K Advanced HDR video processing for the global set-top-box market. The BG5CT is the company’s sixth-generation of video processor.
News categories: Synaptics, Huibert Verhoeven, Digital TV, IBC, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Synaptics acquires Conexant and Marvell's Multimedia Solutions business
Jun 12, 2017 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that it has signed agreements to acquire Conexant Systems and the Multimedia Solutions Business of Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL), to jumpstart its presence in the smart home market.
News categories: Synaptics, Conexant, Marvell, Rick Bergman, Jan Johannessen, Gaurav Shah, Digital TV, MandA, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Technicolor HDR receives support from SoC manufacturers
Jan 5, 2016 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that a number of TV and Set Top Box (STB) System-on-Chip (SoC) manufacturers are integrating Technicolor’s High Dynamic Range (HDR) Delivery Solution into their offerings, including: Marvell, MSTAR, Sigma and STMicroelectronics.
News categories: Technicolor, Marvell, MStar Semi, Sigma Designs, STMicroelectronics, Mark Turner, Philip Poulidis, Stanley Chen, Alfred Chan, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Marvell provides SoCs for Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio
Oct 5, 2015 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced its continued collaboration with Google in enabling Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio powered by Marvell's ARMADA 1500 Mini Plus (88DE3006) and advanced Avastar 88W8887 SoCs.
News categories: Marvell, Weili Dai, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Swisscom upgrades Verimatrix content protection to secure UHD service
Oct 1, 2015 – Verimatrix has announced that Swisscom is deploying VCAS Ultra, its next-generation Video Content Authority System (VCAS) architecture. This decision equips Swisscom with a comprehensive and scalable multi-network revenue security approach for its new TV box.
News categories: Verimatrix, Swisscom, Marvell, Steve Oetegenn, Peter Fregelius, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Switzerland
Swisscom offers Marvell-based Ultra HD Android IPTV STBs
Sep 16, 2015 – Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL) has expanded its partnership with Swisscom to launch a new line of Ultra HD (UHD) Android IPTV set-top boxes (STBs) powered by Marvell's ARMADA 1500 Ultra (88DE3218) system-on-chip (SoC).
News categories: Marvell, Swisscom, Weili Dai, Peter Fregelius, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Switzerland
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Baltimore
- Zodiac integrates Agama device monitoring into its TV stack
- JW Player raises $100m in Series E funding
- Xandr adopts OpenAP's OpenID audience identifier
- ATEME provides video packaging and storage for AIS in Thailand
- KKStream launches Streaming-as-a-Service solutions
- Astro set-top boxes to include Netflix
- MediaKind powers UEFA Euro 2020 live coverage at MEO
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud